TheHighWayMan

I got in a fight recently and took a pretty hard punch to the mouth. My front left tooth is now painful and a TIIINNNYYYY bit loose. It's been around a week now and the pain is almost imperceptible. It is still a little loose but better than before.

I'm wondering if loose teeth usually heal by themselves, or will I have to get it pulled and get a replacement? Dx Not a baby tooth, obviously.

Thank you :)

It's not a baby tooth but you should be eating baby food or pureed foods for a few weeks until it's stronger. Don't bite or chew anything. It may turn gray if the nerve was damaged.

Learn to control your temper.

It's not a baby tooth but you should be eating baby food or pureed foods for a few weeks until it's stronger. Don't bite or chew anything. It may turn gray if the nerve was damaged.

Learn to control your temper.

For all you know he may have been defending himself.

Even teeth that have fallen out can be saved! Your gums will gradually re-tighten around your tooth, so no worries, just be careful. However, I would see a dentist about the pain if I were you due to the trauma to your mouth, a crack or dying nerve in the tooth is very possible.

Forever Learning

Yes I knew guys who took bar fight punches and had loose teeth like this, and the tooth healed. Do what Fit Chick said, soft food for weeks, baby the tooth, and learn from this experience, to discover how to avoid a similar experience in the future. Teeth are expensive.

Oh I also knew a guy whose tooth was knocked clean out, he stuck it back in and it stay put and survived. Probably took weeks for gums to tighten as well. Great time to quit smoking if you do, nicotene will impede the healing process. Take multi vitamin and fresh orange juice for extra vitamin c.

• Like 1
  • Author
TheHighWayMan

Thank you for all the advice :) And no, I wasn't defending my self. I was supposed to have an easy, friendly boxing match with my friend and he just starts throwing huge hay makers....