So. I've got about 5kgs I want to lose; can I get rid of this with just weights, and a little bit of cardio? I don't want to smash it or anything, because I'm in no rush to get it off. But will weights do it alone, or do I have to do cardio as well? Also - how hard is it REALLY to lose 5kgs? I've heard the last five is the hardest, but five is all I want to lose.

I eat well enough, but I'll pull that into line once I start. Has anyone else done this, just trimmed off that little bit of excess? How? What worked the best?

Tips and experience, come at me! :laugh:

If I had to pick one or the other, definitely weights...you can lose weight without doing a lick of cardio, but a moderate amount of cardio training will help with overall fitness.

The "last 5" are the hardest to lose, so you will probably want a combination of weight training and high intensity interval training to knock off those last few pounds...

• Author
are[/i] the hardest to lose' date=' so you will probably want a combination of weight training and high intensity interval training to knock off those last few pounds...[/quote']

I hate saying the last few pounds, because I'm not on a mission to lose heaps. I wouldn't even need to, my body is great. But I just want to tighten it and clean up some soft bits :p Maybe I should smash it to get rid of them.. Hmmmm:o

jimloveslips

I'm doing my own feast famine diet.

Three months.

Lost twenty pounds. (Just hovering over 190, can't shift those last few oz... i'm 6'1", and yep blue eyes. Ladies email me... at gmail - work it out, NJ gals only)

I just have a sandwich for lunch (although packed with cheese, meat and huge salad)

I eat a couple of pounds of fruit most weeknights - rasps, strawbs, grapes, banana. Real fruit, none of that water mellon stuff.

A large salmon fillet once or twice a week.

I've eliminated chocolate - if you knew me you'd know how amazing that sounds. Couple of beers a week, huge cut down on soda

Weekends I eat steak, pizza, chips, anything I want.

I'm so lame at weights it doesn't really count as exercise.

I do indulge in full fat chocolate milk after a workout!

I do have built in exercise at work, plus the dog gets walked every day (at least once)

You'll need the cardio, whatever anyone says your metabolic rate has to be engaged a couple of times a week if you still eat food.

Get a dog, get a mistress. Something to pump that sticky glop around your body.

I could do more.

But I look leaner, my wife loves it and hey, my 50 yo dick is harder. Really.

I have more to do. This summer has really screwed me for outside exercise, I don't know how people walk, let alone run or cycle when it's 90+.

I did a couple of long (for me) off road rides at the very start of summer and it did make me feel real good, but I can't manage much more than a trip to the post office in this heat.

Soon as I hit September everything is getting ramped up, so ladies if you want to see a really slim Jim drop me a line or two...

So. I've got about 5kgs I want to lose; can I get rid of this with just weights, and a little bit of cardio? I don't want to smash it or anything, because I'm in no rush to get it off. But will weights do it alone, or do I have to do cardio as well? Also - how hard is it REALLY to lose 5kgs? I've heard the last five is the hardest, but five is all I want to lose.

I eat well enough, but I'll pull that into line once I start. Has anyone else done this, just trimmed off that little bit of excess? How? What worked the best?

Tips and experience, come at me! :laugh:

You can lose the weight with just weights, but bearing in mind that the leaner you are, the more difficult the task. Do you know how many calories you have to eat to maintain your current figure? (If you don't, http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/ ) you do, eat 500 cals less and lose a lb in a week (11lbs in 5kg I think), so that's a slow cut of just under 3 months, the healthy way.

I'm in the middle of a cut and doing what I said always works for me, without fail. Every few weeks or so, I reset my metabolism, but eating a crazy amount of calories, guilt-free (but that's a little more advanced). Just because you're trying to lose weight, doesn't mean you should de-load on weights. Lift heavy, at all times or watch your body munch through your muscle. If you enjoy more food than the average person, supplement with cardio, so you can consume those extra-calories without problems.

Good luck :bunny: