Am I weird in my hygiene habits?

Today my close friend told me I am oversensitive in hygiene.

The truth is that I wash myself one time per day, sometimes two - when it's hot, brush my teeth 3 - 4 times per day (but especially cause I have tendencies to get my teeth rotten) , of course use deodorant and wash my hair each second day. My friend wash herself maybe one time each second day and brush her teeth when she wants.

Another point - I have two friends who has dogs. I was with one of them and the dog was licking poo and pee and then I saw him kissing him on his dogs mouth - and of course the dog was licking him. He doesn't even use deodorant and he is against them - of course he smells sometimes. When I saw my second friend kissing her dogs mouth, I told her I found it gross and she called me oversensitive.

I remember my ex found weird that I used chewing gums to keep my breath fresh and never wanted to use them, also he found weird to have a shower before sex (I mean oral sex, but I like to take a shower, if it's possible before each sex), he didn't even want to wash his hands before fingering me.

I have many friends who don't wash their hands after toilet or they don't brush their teeth two times per day.

I wash my hands everytime after toilet and everytime after coming home.

Am I really weird in this???? Cause I really smell these people and this smell isn't good.

The truth is that I wash myself one time per day, sometimes two - when it's hot, brush my teeth 3 - 4 times per day (but especially cause I have tendencies to get my teeth rotten) , of course use deodorant and wash my hair each second day. My friend wash herself maybe one time each second day and brush her teeth when she wants.

Another point - I have two friends who has dogs. I was with one of them and the dog was licking poo and pee and then I saw him kissing him on his dogs mouth - and of course the dog was licking him. He doesn't even use deodorant and he is against them - of course he smells sometimes. When I saw my second friend kissing her dogs mouth, I told her I found it gross and she called me oversensitive.

I remember my ex found weird that I used chewing gums to keep my breath fresh and never wanted to use them, also he found weird to have a shower before sex (I mean oral sex, but I like to take a shower, if it's possible before each sex), he didn't even want to wash his hands before fingering me.

I have many friends who don't wash their hands after toilet or they don't brush their teeth two times per day.

Am I really weird in this???? Cause I really smell these people and this smell isn't good.

You're not weird; you're friends are. :sick:

Your habits are pretty typical of most Americans. Are you from outside the US?

I think you sound within the normal range.

As long as your life is balanced and your fear of dirt/germs doesn't keep you from doing things you enjoy, sounds good to me.

• Author
You're not weird; you're friends are. :sick:

Your habits are pretty typical of most Americans. Are you from outside the US?

I am from the middle Europe, I really don't get them, I was raised in my family like that and everyone in my family has hygiene habits like that.

You sound normal to me too..

I will say though that I hope you aren't scrubbing your teeth but gently brushing with a soft brush 4 times a day as too much brushing/scrubbing is not good for the gums and will cause your gums to recede.

• Like 2
  • Author
You sound normal to me too..

I will say though that I hope you aren't scrubbing your teeth but gently brushing with a soft brush 4 times a day as too much brushing/scrubbing is not good for the gums and will cause your gums to recede.

I do, went to dental center and I have, or at least I think, good technique of brushing my teeth :).

• Like 1
tryingtofindmyway24

yep. you are normal. I do these same exact things especially when it comes to sex of any kind. I also wash my hands frequently and each time I come in the house. I also do not get into my bed with my outside clothes on. I will change into house clothes and I do not walk outside barefoot or get into my bed without washing my feet after wearing flip flops so I maybe a bit weird, but I don't care that I am a germaphobe lol. What can I say I like to be clean...what's wrong with that?

whichwayisup

Eww. Your friends are wrong!!

I always brush my teeth 2 time a day. I shower once a day and when it's really hot i can have up to 3 showers - Though I don't use shampoo each time, just in the first shower. Shower to cool off, not cuz of smell. I wear deo, I brush my hair everyday too. You are normal!

It's nice to freshen up before sex..Especially when you start off fooling around in the shower with your partner! Then end up in bed. your bf SHOULD wash his hands before fingering you. And, because i smoke, I always am aware of how I smell, so I do brush my teeth or have a mint throughout the day.

You are normal OP and your friends are disgusting. I dated a guy once whom I couldn't trust whether he washed his hands before he touched me or after using the loo, it was disgusting, don't want to deal with things like that.

AC's comment was spot on about brushing, flossing every other day might make you feel better and cause you brush less frequently? A couple of times a day is probably better.

I shower/bathe twice a day because I exercise a lot, I wash my hair every day. I always wash my hands after using the loo and public transport, precisely because the world is full of people like your friends. eeeeeeew

• Author
Do your friends have running water in their homes or do they have to pump water from a well?

water is running in every house in the republic where I live :laugh:

Baby wipes count as showering right?

:laugh:

yeah, and sugar-free gum counts as brushing too, no doubt....!

haribogumsnickers
:laugh:

yeah, and sugar-free gum counts as brushing too, no doubt....!

In case of emergency and no time to floss/brush, then employ the mouth wash followed by the sugar-free gum, undoubtedly.