Ladies do you shave your belly?

Personally I wax, shaving really isn't very good for your skin and it encourages hair growth and makes hair stronger too, ask men if you don't believe me.

haribogumsnickers
Do you?

Not just belly, your body.

Not sure if its the right forum though :confused:

They have hairy bellies? Blasphemy. Women are beautiful hairy bellies or not.

• Like 2
  • Author
Personally I wax, shaving really isn't very good for your skin and it encourages hair growth and makes hair stronger too, ask men if you don't believe me.

I use silkepil. I'm curious to see if others shave their body too or not.

Snakechammah

I don't have anything on my belly to shave :( Not even light hairs!

But I wax on other areas on my body that I prefer hairless... It's smoother and I love the scent! :bunny:

• 2 weeks later...

I think that's been proven to be a myth. It makes it appear thicker, but doesn't encourage hair growth, or encourage you to suddenly spout up more hairs like some believe. I also don't believe it makes it grow back any faster either, I've waxed and shaved and the hair takes roughly the same amount of time to grow back 1-2 weeks.

Anyway, pretty much all hair removal methods are bad for your skin though, including waxing and plucking. Of course, most people don't care and just want the cosmetic benefit.

Edited by VodkaShots

I don't shave my belly, but I have just a few little hairs on my lower belly that I rip out with an epilator.

Shaving would make stubble, and belly stubble would be frightening.

• Like 1
I think that's been proven to be a myth. It makes it appear thicker, but doesn't encourage hair growth, or encourage you to suddenly spout up more hairs like some believe.

I have fewer and fewer hairs since I have been waxing

I also don't believe it makes it grow back any faster either, I've waxed and shaved and the hair takes roughly the same amount of time to grow back 1-2 weeks.

You are probably the only one. When I shave I start noticing bristles after a day or two, when I wax the smoothnes lasts for 2-3 weeks.

Anyway, pretty much all hair removal methods are bad for your skin though, including waxing and plucking. Of course, most people don't care and just want the cosmetic benefit.

If there is long term harm it's taking its time. I started waxing when I was about 16 and now I'm 40.

• Like 2
Don't take a razor to anything you don't want to come back thicker and angrier.

Yes my point was exactly

Forever Learning

I used to shave it now and then years ago, when I would get in a paranoid mood and even the tiniest itty bitty bit of peach fuzz had to go.

But I forgot about it along the way and stopped doing it.

I have just checked, there is nothing there to shave, between navel and the pubic hair patch. Nothing. So my occasional shaving of peach fuzz years agod did no harm, and more hair didn't come as a result.

I have seen some women who do get a line of hair up from the pubic hair to the belly, hair that is dark and truly visible to others. I would think waxing might be the way to go with that type hair removal.

I use to have a line of hair on my belly, especially when I was Pregnant. As I have gotten older it has gone away. I never did shave it because it thinned out, and it was not that big of a deal to me. Shaving did cause my hair on legs to get much thicker, but I have less hair then when I was younger there also.

• Like 1
Forever Learning

Yes! A waste of razor.

I forgot all about increase in hair during pregnancy. I read about that, but it didnt happen to me.

I just got Dolly Parton boobs. Took lots of pics of that! hahaha

They're gone now. :( Back to normal.

Don't take a razor to anything you don't want to come back thicker and angrier.

not necessarily so ... my hair in that area didn't come back thicker, and it was actually finer than some of the other "lucky patches" I had!!!

• Like 1
  • Author
I don't shave my belly, but I have just a few little hairs on my lower belly that I rip out with an epilator.

Shaving would make stubble, and belly stubble would be frightening.

Yes I use epilator too, I'm embarrassed about the hair on it so I use that. By shave i didn't mean a razor blade.