Hello!

I'm wound up. I'm always anxious, I have trouble sleeping (can't stay asleep- not restful sleep), I feel irritable a lot, and I always feel like I'm in a fog. It affects my work, and interactions I have with people.

I'm determined to do something about this without Rx medication. I don't trust doctors, and saw my mom's health and mind decline over the years due to over-medication.

I'm ok with herbal supplements. I've heard melatonin would be a great help with sleeping.

Simple: marijuana. ;)

Try avoiding electronics for a good hour before bed. You might also try taking some melatonin. Another herbal remedy that seems to help is holy basil extract. A dropper or two full in a glass of water seems to chill me out.

Forever Silent
Hello!

I'm wound up. I'm always anxious, I have trouble sleeping (can't stay asleep- not restful sleep), I feel irritable a lot, and I always feel like I'm in a fog. It affects my work, and interactions I have with people.

I'm determined to do something about this without Rx medication. I don't trust doctors, and saw my mom's health and mind decline over the years due to over-medication.

I'm ok with herbal supplements. I've heard melatonin would be a great help with sleeping.

Start Juicing. Go to your local walmart and purchase NutraBlend. Then buy up all the vegetables and fruits you can buy or research ones that specifically help your anxiety and start juicing.

Also remove all processed foods from your house. They are a soft kill.

For the anxiety...also increase the amount of calcium + magnesium + zinc + multi-Bs in your diet. Spend the extra to get good quality ones with better bioavailability.

I find melatonin is good. I also find trytophan & vitamain D drops helps before sleep.

Other advice ....Avoid eating too late at night as well. Also maybe do some food exclusion\challange tests..you may have a food intolerance which is contributing to your anxiety.

Edited by ascendotum

I'm surprised no-one mentioned exercise. The more exhausting, the better. Only for about an hour, 3 times a week initially, maybe 4. That will get you to sleep no problem

optomistic_nonsense

Take gummy vitamins, daily. One or two a day. Your body processes MORE, must more, of the gummies. The non-gummy vitamins are such a waste, you hardly absorb any of the goodies.

Also, I know this may sound odd and overly simplistic, but are you drinking enough water? When I'm not drinking enough, I get this clouded feeling ALL DAY and I hate it. It makes me feel depressed. It's as though I feel demotivated or something, even though there's not reason to be.

I REFUSE to see a doc for something that I know I can take care of myself. I also started having a huge cup of coffee every morning which helps :p

Try increasing your water intake significantly. I usually do an intense 20 min work-out, maybe three days a week, EARLY in the morning. That way I feel as though I've done something constructive right out of the gate, and it sets the tone for me to chill out on the junk food for the remainder of the day :D