Pectus Carinatum (Chest Wall Deformity)

I have a mild to moderate case of pectus carinatum which is a defect of the chest wall in which the chest wall protudes. I only have this on my left side. My right chest wall is perfectly normal. Pectus carinatum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Has anyone ever dated a person with this?

I am a little self conscious about it.

Would this be a deal breaker for you?

I would upload a pic but I do not know how.

My cousin has it. It never stopped him from dating or marrying. He is a building contractor and it never impeded his ability to work. Find a personal trainer who can show you how to develop some muscles to balance and compensate for your deformity.

I dated a guy for about a year with a mild case of it. Never really noticed at first and didn't care about it once I did. Don't worry, it's definitely not a dealbreaker for any person you would actually want to date.

• Author
My cousin has it. It never stopped him from dating or marrying. He is a building contractor and it never impeded his ability to work. Find a personal trainer who can show you how to develop some muscles to balance and compensate for your deformity.

I dated a guy for about a year with a mild case of it. Never really noticed at first and didn't care about it once I did. Don't worry, it's definitely not a dealbreaker for any person you would actually want to date.

Steelrain322

Bro! I had it become really apparent at 14 and it weighed me down so much in life. But I got it fixed to almost perfect. Im just going to assume you live in the states, Pectus Services, LLC You can wear a brace that will make your chest flat or like 95% better.

• Author
Bro! I had it become really apparent at 14 and it weighed me down so much in life. But I got it fixed to almost perfect. Im just going to assume you live in the states, Pectus Services, LLC You can wear a brace that will make your chest flat or like 95% better.

I've talked to this guy...I'm too old for that. thanks though