Questionare for ME, personal trainer about to start working

I thought I would attempt to start a healthy fitness goal setting area:)

Also, I am about to embark on a personal training career, and want to do some research. I enjoy reading your stories, and also sharing my own. Although I was thin for years and in control, I am human and am deaply humbled now that I am no longer thin or that fit.

A few questions:

- your starting weight and the weight u gained to?

- how did you gain the weight?

- how did u feel about gaining weight?

- motivations for losing weight ( besides general health, we all want that, don't we? Correct me if I am wrong)

- How do u plan on losng it?

- what is a routine u think will be sustainable?

I let myself go, got to 60 kilos, had previiously been 55 ish kilos or therabouts for years.

I started binge drinking, and with drinks I need food - I would eat fatty foodl ike toasted cheese sandwiches, pasta with cheese, indian veggie samosas - I hare chemicals and added sugar, and thought that the fact my pasta and sandwhiches were from foods I sought out with no chemicals and added sugar, that they were SOMEHOW BETTER.

...... I stopped eating salad and vegetables, and ate bread, pasta, loads of cheese most days.

I felt crummy about the weight gain, but more so because I was not fit and healthy enough to do the things I enjoy doing in life; hiking if I felt like it, running after a kid, wresting with the boyfriend.....

I want to lsoe the weight and be healthier, to try adventure type of sports when I save some money up - rock climing and hiking in countries I eventually travel to, for instance..... I also like to be thin and look good, of course, but it really intills boy confidence when I am at least fit and healthy.

Being able to jog every day is a thing I love - I have started jogging every day, and I feel so great getting out there and doing something good for my body! I am going to try:

- different terrains

- I enjoy it as something to do and have no need to push myself to the point I hate it, but that said, I WILL, twice a week, push for a faster jog, for a shorter amount of time, and try interval training for speed variation...

Aside from jogging every day, I am going to do pilates DVDs most nigghts as well as start twice a week weight training, heavier weights. Although this is for bone health, and general toning; I do not think it is optimal for my goals, being really into heavy weights. I only do it for health.

I am also going to try new things like cross fit, rock climbing in my area, and... hilking more:) I am sure I could find other active things if I tried.

What have you been been going through lately?

I heard cross fit and things like that, you know, active hobbies and goals like marathons are great things - to be fit for the sake of being able to rech milestones with your body.

To be honest - I was more about being thin, with a strong emphasis on natural products and health in the past. Where as now, I am focused on making the most of my body as I age, and to be fit and have fun physical activities to be fit FOR.

There is a fun run in Austalia soon, about a month or so, I am going to go in with my boyfriend. Beating him will be thrilling:) HAHA.

He IS a fit guy, but he does not train with running; he is faster than me currently, as he is about 6.3, and I am 5 ' 5.... but I have the endurance or WILL have soon, to beat him. Much to his humiliation:)

... beating my boyfriend at the fun run is something I really want to do:):)

I let myself go, got to 60 kilos, had previiously been 55 ish kilos or therabouts for years.

I felt crummy about the weight gain, but more so because I was not fit and healthy enough to do the things I enjoy doing in life; hiking if I felt like it, running after a kid, wresting with the boyfriend.....

I am 5 ' 5....

Leigh, I think it's great that you want to improve your fitness level. That said, there is something disordered about your thinking if you believe that weighing 132 pounds (60kg) at 5'5" makes you "no longer thin" or puts you in a position where you cannot run after a kid, go hiking, etc.

• Like 1
Leigh, I think it's great that you want to improve your fitness level. That said, there is something disordered about your thinking if you believe that weighing 132 pounds (60kg) at 5'5" makes you "no longer thin" or puts you in a position where you cannot run after a kid, go hiking, etc.

^^ THIS ^^

I am 5'4" and fluctuate between 145 and 165 and I just came back from a two-hour hike.

Leigh, have you started therapy yet?

• Like 1

I am 5'4" and fluctuate between 145 and 165.

I'm taller and weigh a lot less. You must be a very muscular mesomorph. I am a small boned ectomorph.

I wish people wouldn't get hung up on weight and BMI, which are irrelevant. Measurements are more important. People with the same measurements could have different weights depending on body composition.

• Like 1
I'm taller and weigh a lot less. You must be a very muscular mesomorph. I am a small boned ectomorph.

I wish people wouldn't get hung up on weight and BMI, which are irrelevant. Measurements are more important. People with the same measurements could have different weights depending on body composition.

Totally agree - I am happy at 140... I know a lot of it involves my genetics; I have large breasts and the one time I got down to 135 pounds, I looked like an emaciated Barbie Doll.