pressure to eat on vacation :(

I agreed to go on a trip with a friend and some of their family. While I am excited i have been trying VERY hard to lose weight. I know i can afford to lose another 10-15lbs and i have made some progress. I really tried to make different types of changes such as alot more protein, cardio, eating small healthy snacks throughout the day, cut out alot of alcohol when it comes to outings. I have a long way to go still.

I am very nervous about gaining the weight back while on a vacation. It's in another country and i think alot of the food tends to be fried such as chicken cutlets, meat, potatoes etc. My friend isn't as concerned with her weight and i know she will definitely be eating dessert every night, drinking heavy beer with her meals. She is already settled with the one she is with. I on the other hand want to lose weight to feel more confident in general along with dating and finding someone. The summer is coming and I don't want to be uncomfortable.

We will be hiking throughout the day but i also won't be doing the same workouts my body is probably used to and i also don't want to ruin all my hard work b/c of other people and a vacation. It just makes things a little awkward if we are at dinner and they want me to try the food they ordered or eat the dessert or try this beer even if i don't order any you know what i mean?

I just feel alot of people subconsciously don't support other people's diets. I ran into her and she made a random comment how she is going there to eat and will worry about the weight when she gets back. She knows i have been working out so that comment made me nervous and i already feel like i will be pressured to drink the beer, try all the desserts and eat unhealthy dinners. They also speak the language and i don't and i may have a hard time choosing something on the menu for myself.

I am quite stubborn in some ways but i also do in general love food..it is hard to say no but comments like that make me mad in a way and want to make me say no even more.

I am just really worried and don't want to gain any weight back. A lb or two can be reasonable but this isn't a cruise; i don't think it's necessary for me to gain 10lbs back...

any tips, advice? looking for support and seeing if anyone understands the pressure

whichwayisup

You can make time for yourself on this trip, go off on your own (don't have to spend every single minute with your friend and her family), go to a gym or do your own work out.

Hiking and walking, that is exercise you'll get every day. You can choose to eat well and tough on yourself at night when out with them, you don't have to drink booze, you can have juice or water.

I understand that you don't want to gain weight on your trip, but try not to focus on that and just go and enjoy yourself, have fun with them! it's a life experience and focussing on whether or not how much weight you *might* gain is going to make you worry and possibly ruin parts of your holiday.

Worst case senario? You put on a few more pounds than you expect, you can always work it off when you're back home.. It isn't the end of the world.

Hope this helps.