I've tried it before. As you pointed out, it tears your legs apart. Leg pain was always what made me take a break during the videos, not that I couldn't keep up in general. I ended up stopping because I think at my weight at the time I was too heavy to do all that jumping around

• Author

They say on the video after 30 days it's not as bad.... 30 days! I could barely get past the warm up. And now I can't even pee without my legs giving out.

They say on the video after 30 days it's not as bad.... 30 days! I could barely get past the warm up. And now I can't even pee without my legs giving out.

It sounds intriguing.

What day are you on?

And before you started, how avid an athlete were you?

My sister tried it for a while with her roommate. She said that it's definitely an ass-kicker. If your goal is to drop bodyweight quickly, it sounds like the kind of program that, combined with a lowered caloric intake, would do just that. Keep in mind that this is likely to include both fat mass and muscle mass.

I wouldn't use it to try and gain any appreciable strength or muscle mass, nor would I consider it a comprehensive training system (no matter what the ads say), meaning that it doesn't appear to be any sort of long-term solution.

Try it out, and if nothing else, you'll gain first hand knowledge.

OP: what are your goals? Like Cerridwen asked you, what is your current athletic/fitness state?

• Author

I got out of the military a few months ago- ok like 7 months. While I was in I was running all the time... Now not so much. My goals are more to tone up then lose weight. Well, 5 pounds to lose - but tone tone tone. Nothing seems to work. Even when I run everyday I still have " problem areas" especially my upper thighs.

I got out of the military a few months ago- ok like 7 months. While I was in I was running all the time... Now not so much. My goals are more to tone up then lose weight. Well, 5 pounds to lose - but tone tone tone. Nothing seems to work. Even when I run everyday I still have " problem areas" especially my upper thighs.

A word about "toning"-what people most refer to as "tone" is actually a combination of moderate to higher amounts of muscle mass accompanied by low body fat.

My opinion is that you'd be much better off joining a well equipped gym with squat racks, heavy dumbbells, pull up bars, dip stations, etc. This will allow you to integrate a progressive strength training system which will allow you to make long term progress in whatever goal you decide to pursue. Your physique is influenced primarily by your diet, provided that you are training properly.

If you've already purchased Insanity, try it out, follow it to a "T", and draw your own conclusions.

Edited by tman666

I love it. My fire crew uses it every morning during fire season after our runs to make our physical training program fun. It is a challange and after about a week, my body adjusted to the workouts and it is hilarious for people watching. I wouldn't recommend it to those trying to lose a large amout of weight as the workouts are hard on the body.