Hypnotism for weight loss

Has anyone here tried this? My niece wants to try it as she is an emotional eater and has tried every diet

I really just want to hear from people who have tried it and the results

Spanx :)

I don't think that kind of stuff works. A colleague of mine is having acupuncture treatments to kill her craving for food and lose weight that way. It's working she said, while munching on a sandwich.

Feelin Frisky

I've tried it. I can't be hypnotized. Just won't happen. Eating problems are a curse I wouldn't wish on anyone. People are cutting their guts out because they can't control themselves--and even at that, many still can't normalize their relationship with food. Hypnosis is worth the try if a person is capable of it. I'd like to hear too if any one's had any success.

I have tried hypnotism, not for diet, but nail biting ( something I've done to a serious degree). Anyway I found that it was a temporary fix, however it provided no long term solution.

I later went to a psychologist who helped deal with the deeper issue which were the cause.Perhaps the same would be more appropriate for emotional eating.

Just my thoughts

I've tried hypnotism for emotional issues and it helped immensely. I'm sure it works for some people who comfort eat.

kellifaulkner

I was reading the story about using hypnotism for weight loss and I was curious as to how she will know why she really eats the food she chooses if she goes under to be hypnotised?

I am an emotional eater too and I ended up getting myself fatally sick because of my choices of food and beverages in order to cover things up. The thing was I didnt realize I was eating for emotional reasons. I was pretty active and love to work out so I thought I couldnt lost much weight because of my body structure until I was taught how to pay attention to what I am feeling when I would go for certain foods.

It doesnt matter what we eat or drink, its all about what we think. When I was taught how to work through this one of the sayings I was taught was "What you think is what you feel and what you feel becomes your reality." Because I was a person who didnt know how to say no or show others they had hurt me I used sugary foods and soda to sugar coat my feelings. Because of all the years of sugar coating I ended up getting an alcoholics disease when I barely drank alcohol! I found out I had three masses in my pancreas at the age of 37. Luckily I got a miracle and then was shown how all these things were killing me.

It doesnt matter if they end up eat or drinking that certain thing as long as they begin to notice the emotions they are covering up and facing them. I ended up having to let go of a lot of people in my life in order to learn how to love myself and be able to speak to people about what I really feel. Its like being reborn all over again and learning how to walk. :D

"Be A Better You so You Can See the Greatest of I AM!" Thats my moto!

Much love to all and good luck!

God bless!

I'm going to be hypnotized on Sunday. When hearing this woman talk, a couple of weeks ago, she talked about how she helped one woman to stop with an ice cream obsession, that had resulted in her gaining 30lbs. She hypnotized her, and then sent her home with the recording of the session; after three days of listening to it, she lost her craving (she'd been unable to resist it before).

I also have a friend who said that it helped her to stop smoking. It can help, although I didn't feel like I was fully under, when I tried a regression last year. I've had some okay results with self-hypnosis using CD's, but for the most part, keep falling asleep before actually starting off the CD. :o I don't like to try too early in the day, because I have trouble coming out of it and then getting on with other things.

I don't think that there are 10 minute solutions to life long problems.

Getting help for the emotional issues that cause your niece to over eat would help her more. Hypnotism won't address the problems that make her turn to an unhealthy coping method.

Getting help for the emotional issues that cause your niece to over eat would help her more. Hypnotism won't address the problems that make her turn to an unhealthy coping method.

I think hypnosis for weight loss is precisely that. It helps the person undo the comfort eating by helping them handle their emotions better.

• Author

For those who wanted to know, yes it does work ... She is not eating any crap and has lost 8lb so far. She says she has never felt so blaise about food so yes it works!!!

She also needs counselling, to face the reasons and issues that lead her to emotional eating. She can learn how to deflect and handle things without turning to food.

The thing is, it isn't just about food. She has an addictive gene in her (my bestfriend lost/gained/lost gained for years, drank, smoked, quit drinking and smoking with the help of counseling) so hyponsis will work, but she needs to do more, be pro active by doing counselling.

I disagree. She's not over-eating so there is no issue to be fixed. Raking over the past (psychoanalysis) doesn't make people happy. Hypnosis, EMDR, CBT, DCBT can all help deal with present day issues and re-frame the way we react to triggers. Why we are as we are doesn't matter so much as how we change for the better.

There is no evidence of an addictive gene. Additionally, if she has an addictive gene there is nothing that can be changed, which is patently false as she has changed.

• Author

I agree with better deal, emoptional eating is a long term habit, a bit like reaching for a cig when stressed ... With some brain re programming it can be quite easy to break bad habits. She says she has never in her life felt so detached from food and it is not a bit of a struggle to stop snacking