Ive just started to work out after being so overweight for almost 5 years and not working out one bit. I've had enough of my current weight and want to get lean and fit. I currently work as custodian at night and walk around for about 4 hours doing basic cleaning work and i hit the gym in the morning doing 30 minutes of elliptical and 10 minutes of weight training (Chest/Legs Press)

I'm eating about 1500-1800 calories a day. Do you think doing this 7 days a week i will have results? Also i will do more weight training when i get more conformable in the gym because i heard more muscle burns more calories. I'm currently a beginner when it comes to working out/gym/eating healthy because i have been overweight during my childhood and teen years. I'm currently 19/Male. Thanks for any input.

A strong support system is important. There are many different things you can do....have someone who is close to you be your cheerleader, journal for accountability, reward yourself something small every ten poumds or so. I have more ideas if you need any.

Keep up the great work. The weights are going to burn fat for sure. Keep up with them, just be sure and watch your form and dont overdo too quickly. You will get stronger.

Consisitency is key. Remember not to overdo it to keep you "in the running". No pun intended.:bunny:Drink plenty of water, health permitting of course. I drink a gallon a day.

Edited by ON MY OWN

How tall are you and how much do you weigh? This will help determine a healthy calorie deficit and routine you can use to effectively lose weight

• 2 weeks later...

I will suggest you to do some exercise regularly.Walking and running really help to reduce your weight faster.Maintain your diet by including all nutritive food items in it. Stay away from junk food.

joshuawilson

start slowly.. people go to fast and cannot make it to keep it continue for long time.. whatever you do.. keep it going... it will give results.. and have patience...

• 2 weeks later...

Every person want to loss weight as heavy weight is not liked by anyone, people can do anything to loss weight , here are some of the effective tips to loss weight are as under

- Avoid eating oily and junk food

- Do yoga and exercise

- Do swimming

- Eat more salad

- Drink plenty of water

You should be fine...it is amazing how much better it is when you actually count the calories...ive been doing that lately, running/cardio is great for calorie burning....it also boots your metabolism

I'm trying to lose weight, too. I currently work out 7 days a week, for twenty minutes.

In order to lose weight, you'll need to exercise more than 20 minutes. 30 minutes of daily exercise is recommended just for maintaining good health. You'll need more than that, and definitely more than 20 minutes, if you want enough of a caloric deficit to cause fat loss.

In order to lose weight, you'll need to exercise more than 20 minutes. 30 minutes of daily exercise is recommended just for maintaining good health. You'll need more than that, and definitely more than 20 minutes, if you want enough of a caloric deficit to cause fat loss.

Not true.

Weight loss is dictated by calories in versus calories out. As long as she is consuming less than she is using, she's created a deficit and weight loss will ensue. Exercise can make it easier to create a caloric deficit, but it's not the only (or even necessary) tool to do so.

Fat loss (as opposed to weight loss) is governed by a host of factors, including meal timing, specific foods eaten, and type of activity.

That said, I would encourage anyone to exercise, albeit probably not 7 days a week. It improves cardiovascular health and weight bearing exercise helps women maintain bone and both genders to build muscle. Muscle has a higher metabolic rate than fat, so the more muscle a person has, the more s/he can eat without gaining weight.

Edited by Chocolat
Not true.

Weight loss is dictated by calories in versus calories out. As long as she is consuming less than she is using, she's created a deficit and weight loss will ensue. Exercise can make it easier to create a caloric deficit, but it's not the only (or even necessary) tool to do so.

Fat loss (as opposed to weight loss) is governed by a host of factors, including meal timing, specific foods eaten, and type of activity.

That said, I would encourage anyone to exercise, albeit probably not 7 days a week. It improves cardiovascular health and weight bearing exercise helps women maintain bone and both genders to build muscle. Muscle has a higher metabolic rate than fat, so the more muscle a person has, the more s/he can eat without gaining weight.

Yes, it seems my ex's sister has lost a ton of weight by doing only 20 minutes a day of HIIT.

She's also switched to WWatchers on the eating end of things with great results.