Eye floaters getting worse.

Usually I have a couple of eye floaters in the morning, but they disappear after just a few minutes, but since two weeks they are constantly visible.

I have asked my optician if it has anything to do with my internship, because I need to put up with 8 hours writing columns/articles a day for a paper on my computer at work. But he told me it is probably the weather (never had it before). But I still find it odd that it started during my internship.

What do you guys think? I’ve looked it up on the net, but no clear answers yet. Some say it’s the computer, some say it’s not.

I don’t want it to get worse or stay visible by sitting behind a pc.

It may be noticeable on the PC because you are looking at a white screen which really makes the floaters stand out. You probably see them all day, but with the vast color differences out in the world, you just don't see them as much.

If you don't want to see them as much, change your PC color scheme to a dark scheme and you won't see them. It won't get rid of them, but you won't see them. If you want to get rid of them, your eye doc may be able to do it but for the most part they just let them run their course.

Though, I've had these for years on end.

See an opthamologist, a doctor trained in treating eyes. An optician dispenses eyeglasses.

Afishwithabike

I would see an opthamologist as the previous poster suggested. It could be something harmless or it could be something that needs professional attention. A friend of mine had frequent floaters and it turned out he had a detached retina. He got it fixed and the floaters went away.

whichwayisup
Usually I have a couple of eye floaters in the morning, but they disappear after just a few minutes, but since two weeks they are constantly visible.

I have asked my optician if it has anything to do with my internship, because I need to put up with 8 hours writing columns/articles a day for a paper on my computer at work. But he told me it is probably the weather (never had it before). But I still find it odd that it started during my internship.

What do you guys think? I’ve looked it up on the net, but no clear answers yet. Some say it’s the computer, some say it’s not.

I don’t want it to get worse or stay visible by sitting behind a pc.

What colour are they? Clear gel like or are they darkish, possibly black?

I have floaters in both of my eyes. Mine are migraine induced, though I did get them checked as floaters (and flashing lights/streaks along the sides of your eyes) is a symptom of a detached or torn retina.

It's irritating sometimes, you can see the blobs move around but blinking and moving your eyes helps. it won't do damage to sit infront of the computer just a few breaks and look away from the screen to give your eyes a rest.

Get yourself to an eye Dr and have them checked.

Oh editted to add.. As we get older our retina's change so many people get floaters as they age.

laRubiaBonita

what WWIU said!

also, do you think it could be caused by allergies? or the office air where you work?

do you eyes feel dry? maybe eyedrops would help?

check with an eye doctors and ask about different options- my H has computer reading glasses that help alleviate glare and other compuuter screen problems.

laRubiaBonita
It may be noticeable on the PC because you are looking at a white screen which really makes the floaters stand out. You probably see them all day, but with the vast color differences out in the world, you just don't see them as much.

If you don't want to see them as much, change your PC color scheme to a dark scheme and you won't see them. It won't get rid of them, but you won't see them. If you want to get rid of them, your eye doc may be able to do it but for the most part they just let them run their course.

Though, I've had these for years on end.

^^^^^^^ i agree with WTR too

It can be a detached retina, but it can also be benign. See the opthamologist to be sure.

• Author

Thank you for the helpful replies.

I’ll see the ophthalmologist just to be sure.

I don’t have allergies, but my eyes do feel dry. Eye drops are a good suggestion. I will look into them. I will also try some exercises I found on the net to treat strained eyes.

Whichwayisup:

They look like the ones in the picture below; Clear gel like.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b2/Floaters.png

Thanks again :)