Best Work out for little legs and fat stomach

I just dont know what to do to get the figure I use to have. I use to have a small stomache or none, but now that Im older, it is harder to lose my stomach.

It is not something that my friends or family know bothers me but it really does.

How to do get rid of your stomach? I am really struggling

weight 143

height 5'5

small to med build

big butt- very round.

big titis 38C

big stomach too....ugh!!!!

dont like being too skinny. I have skinny legs. Not fun.

PLEASE HELP ME GET RID OF MY STOMACH

PelicanPete

If you don't have any knee or ankle issues issues, I would suggest that you do some skipping. All you need is a crappy little $10 plastic speed rope from walmart. Skipping burns more calories then a treadmill or running. It also primarily tones your upper body. It will take a few sessions to break the rope in and get the hang of it, but once you get the hang of it you will see results. It gets really fun actually :cool:

Try laying off alcohol or processed foods. Otherwise don't try to change your diet too much. Just be conscious of what you are eating. When you are eating, don't do anything else and just focus entirely on the food and every bite. This is important and proven to work. You will become satisfied with less, and you will enjoy every bite :laugh:. If you have a big meal, try going for a walk afterward to speed up your metabolism.

• Author
If you don't have any knee or ankle issues issues, I would suggest that you do some skipping. All you need is a crappy little $10 plastic speed rope from walmart. Skipping burns more calories then a treadmill or running. It also primarily tones your upper body. It will take a few sessions to break the rope in and get the hang of it, but once you get the hang of it you will see results. It gets really fun actually :cool:

Try laying off alcohol or processed foods. Otherwise don't try to change your diet too much. Just be conscious of what you are eating. When you are eating, don't do anything else and just focus entirely on the food and every bite. This is important and proven to work. You will become satisfied with less, and you will enjoy every bite :laugh:. If you have a big meal, try going for a walk afterward to speed up your metabolism.

Okay I will give this a try. If I could get rid of my stomach, I would have a great shape.

eat less + do more + start weight training + enough protein = look better

I have skinny legs. Not fun.

Squat!

Start of with no weight to get the form right then start using a barbell.

Squatting works out your entire lower body.

• Author
Incline treadmill, and stop eating crap.

okay Eddie, im ready to do that. How high the incline for a starter and how long each time....as a starter

• Author
Squat!

Start of with no weight to get the form right then start using a barbell.

Squatting works out your entire lower body.

I hate squats....is there another way to do squats please

Squats are amazing.

Why do you hate them?

With proper form, they are better for your body than using a leg press machine, which can put a strain on your spine.

• Author
Squats are amazing.

Why do you hate them?

With proper form, they are better for your body than using a leg press machine, which can put a strain on your spine.

I 100% agree. But I get tired of doing them and it seems like for them to really be effective, you have to go heavier in my case since I have little legs. What do you think?

Squats are amazing.

Why do you hate them?

I 100% agree. But I get tired of doing them and it seems like for them to really be effective, you have to go heavier in my case since I have little legs. What do you think?

I have the same concern 9Lives.

I opt for the leg press machine but now Somedude's got me worried about my spine.

What's the answer Somedude?! We got bikinis to fit into! :D

Sled sprints and car pushes would be my top choices as suitable replacements for squats. :p

OP: depending on your current level of athleticism, going for daily 45-60 minute walks would probably be a good place to start. I prefer to do my walks fasted. Taking a hard look at your diet is a good idea as well. Try to make your meals primarily protein.

I have the same concern 9Lives.

I opt for the leg press machine but now Somedude's got me worried about my spine.

What's the answer Somedude?! We got bikinis to fit into! :D

And the squats will help you fit into them :p

The most recent info I heard on compound exercises is that you want to use a weight that you can only do about three sets of five. Yeah it's gonna hurt.

The big bar you see in the squat rack is 45lbs. Once you got your form down, you can start with that and see how many you can do with just the bar.

I must stress that form is very important. You want to go looooowww.

As for leg press.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/307661-leg-press-machines-back-injuries/

There's more info around the net.

The most recent info I heard on compound exercises is that you want to use a weight that you can only do about three sets of five. Yeah it's gonna hurt.

I like what you're doing here Somedude (trying to get teh wimmenz to lift heavy), but this is overly simplistic.

Check out the link that GrayClouds posted in this thread.

Edited by tman666

Link?

I'm being simplistic on purpose but your welcome to fill in the missing details.

And yeah, I'm trying to get 'em to lift heavy :D

I was referring to his link to JCDFitness.

And don't get me wrong, I'm wholeheartedly in agreement with you that heavy strength training is a must. Nobody ever got strong by working with light weights.

My main objection was that 3 x 5 was optimal for what I believe most ladies are trying to achieve. It's just a little short on volume. One should focus on getting between 20 and 70 reps on a muscle at 70 ish percent of 1RM or greater to achieve the most "optimal" muscle growth results.

I'm just sayin'... If I were going to have to show off a bikini body, I would focus most of my lifting around higher volume (at least 40-50 reps on each muscle group trained) that's still heavy (at least 70-80%) and add plenty of low intensity, steady state cardio. Boring, but that's pretty much how every bodybuilder or bikini/figure competitor does it. No HIIT BS. Building strength doesn't have to be about chasing 1-2 Rep Maxes. Adding reps is on a lift is also indicative of strength/muscle gain.

In summary:

1) Getting stronger is a must

2) Hard work is a must

3) Proper diet is a must

I just dont know what to do to get the figure I use to have. I use to have a small stomache or none, but now that Im older, it is harder to lose my stomach.

It is not something that my friends or family know bothers me but it really does.

How to do get rid of your stomach? I am really struggling

weight 143

height 5'5

small to med build

big butt- very round.

big titis 38C

big stomach too....ugh!!!!

dont like being too skinny. I have skinny legs. Not fun.

You and I have almost the same stats, except I'm 5'6 and 145 and I have longer legs (31" inseam and small torso!) AND I have a 31" waist. Very little I have ever done has helped me get rid of that waist, except....

Learning to accept being hungry and getting the sugar out of my diet. A few years ago, I kept a food journal so that I tracked my calories and kept my calories down to under 1,500 a day. I removed all refined sugars out of my diet, and increased the protein in my diet. AND I worked out 45-90 minutes a day, six days a week. I did three days of cardio (jogging six+ miles or jumping rope+walking), and three days of weight training (full body weight training with free weights, using the strength workouts sold by Cathe Friedrich). I got down from my highest weight (158 pounds) to my lowest weight, 128 pounds, so that people started telling me I looked too skinny and even sick.

And I hate to tell you this--I still had a stomach. My waist went down to 28" and I was in size 6 jeans, but because the rest of my body had also shrunk accordingly, you could still see my stomach sticking out. No one cared about it but me, but it bothered me immensely.

Still does. But I finally gave up on the restrictive diet and extensive exercise regime--I'm now a vegetarian, so that makes the protein issue a little more difficult. I gained some weight back (obviously) although people tell me I look better now. Except for my 31" waist, every other part of me is well-sized. I'd like to get back down to 138 pounds or so, but I know I'll only do that if I go back on my 1500-calorie-a-day diet. Which I didn't enjoy one bit. I do still have to watch it with sugar, though, or I will gain more weight.

So, for what it's worth, that's what worked for me. Or that eventually didn't work, depending on how you want to look at it. I do know my waist got smaller though, and if I ever want to go back there again, I'll have to do the same thing I did before.

And the squats will help you fit into them :p

The big bar you see in the squat rack is 45lbs. Once you got your form down, you can start with that and see how many you can do with just the bar.

I must stress that form is very important. You want to go looooowww.

As for leg press.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/307661-leg-press-machines-back-injuries/

There's more info around the net.

Thanks, Somedude!