What is a fast and effective weight loss system I should try?

Hi all...I was just wondering if anyone knew of a great weight loss method I should try.

I heard from a friend of a friend that diet and exercise works, but don't quote me.

Eat less junk and work out more.

It's really that simple. There's no easy fast solution, you have to work your butt off to lose weight. The harder you work, the more you lose.

Ginger Beer

Calories burned > calories consumed = weight loss.

Don't try to lose it too quick though, you'll have unrealistic expectations and even if you see results, they won't last.

blCmfcomarz60117
riskfatlate

Over weight is a big problem in most people so forget about any recent weight gain you might have experienced, forget about your fat tummy or thighs and give yourself a clean sheet,Now Always Drink water much water,Here are some basic and handy tips for losing weight,The main point to remember is that we are talking about reaching a desired weight, and then being able to keep it there, and maintaining that level,So there are Some general guidelines for losing weight safely,First forget about your dieting failures, Start with breakfast-The more you eat for breakfast, the less food you will want to eat at night,exercise is crucial to weight loss,Eat less fat and sugar this will help lower the number of calories you eat each day,Avoid having a second helping at dinner,After breakfast, make water your primary drink.

shadowofman

Reduce overall caloric intake relative to any increase in work. Reduce carbohydrate intake and supplement with protein intake. Imagine that you are a hunter gatherer in winter with all the extra padding you gained from a fruit filled spring and summer.

Ways to reduce intake:

1. Reduce / eliminate processed food.

2. Reduce meat consumption to 50g / 2oz a day

3. Chew every mouthful at least twenty times before swallowing

4. Eat breakfast

5. Increase fruit and vegetables

6. Drink a glass of water if you feel hungry.

7. Prepare our own food

8. No ready-meals

9. Keep a diary of what you eat. Be honest in it. Pick one or two bad habits each week and eliminate them

10. Keep a dairy of your bowel movements. Note how they correspond to your diet. Adjust diet according to achieve regular bowel movements

11. Do stretching exercises such as pilates or yoga

12. When you slip up, don't beat yourself up about it.

This is not a speed diet, but a healthy, sustainable one. If you can't implement all suggestions at once, implement one or two each week. Aim to lose about 1kg / 2lbs a week.

shadowofman

@betterdeal

Define processed foods. Even cooking/crushing/blending is a process. Such things would not in any way contribute to weight lose.

All philosophy aside, here is the science.....

And regardless of your opinions of meat consumption, reducing protein while increasing carbs(fruits), as you suggest, will not result in weight loss. It is an established scientific fact. Some carbohydrates (fructose) are what is referred to colloquially as an "empty calorie". Your insulin response effectively removes the energy from immediate availability and stores it as fat.

An Adkins type diet is the fastest way to lose weight.

(not saying it's the healthiest, long term diet)

Define processed foods. Even cooking/crushing/blending is a process. Such things would not in any way contribute to weight lose.

I like the definition of "two or more ingredients, excluding water", and heavily refined foods such as white sugar.

And regardless of your opinions of meat consumption, reducing protein while increasing carbs(fruits), as you suggest, will not result in weight loss It is an established scientific fact.

I haven't suggested only reducing meat and increasing fruit, so this is argument of yours doesn't apply to my suggestions.

The hunger sensations over-eaters experience are often due to nutritional deficiencies. Feeding on foods with a low variety of nutrients (viz, processed foods) will not satiate that hunger.

Over-eating meat often leads to constipation. For over-eaters who comfort eat, the pain of constipation leads to more eating. Reducing meat intake also tends to lead to increasing vegetable intake.

Eating fruits instead of things containing refined sugar tends to take longer and delivers other useful nutrients and fibre. Some sugar in our diet is fine.

Chewing 20 times increases the surface area of the food, meaning more nutrients can be absorbed more easily. It also slows down the eating process. As our ability to tell when we are satiated lags behind the time when we are actually satiated, eating slower means we feel full or satisfied after consuming less food.

The suggestions I made were for a healthy, sustainable diet. To be sustainable it needs to be enjoyable. To be enjoyable, we need to experience pleasant feelings from it. To experience pleasant feelings, the diet must address more than just the number of calories absorbed.

Hi all...I was just wondering if anyone knew of a great weight loss method I should try.

Try "turbulence training" by Craig Ballantyne.

shadowofman

A fair enough definition of "processed", I guess. Except for the two or more ingredients thing. I don't see how cooking a meal with a dozen fresh ingredients could be bad for you. Honestly, I don't know why I asked for your definition. I tell people to avoid processed foods as well.

But, I still have to argue..

I cherry picked your macronutrient suggestions because I agree with all the rest of your suggestions for the most part. My only debate is the idea that reducing meat will help you lose weight. Protein, especially animal protein is your best friend for losing weight. Of course you would watch the fat content, and increase your veggie intake.

I also do not believe that meat will increase your likelihood of becoming constipated. It's dairy that does that. Red meat is actually the one of the most digestible things you can eat. A lot of vegans like to claim meat sticks and rots in your gut for extended periods of time. That is a total myth.

avastavatar

About any contemporary weight accretion you ability accept experienced, overlook about your fat belly or thighs and accord yourself a apple-pie sheet,Now Always Alcohol baptize abundant water,Here are some basal and accessible tips for accident weight,The capital point to bethink is that we are talking about extensive a adapted weight, and again getting able to accumulate it there, and advancement that level,So there are Some accepted guidelines for accident weight safely,First overlook about your dieting failures, Start with breakfast-The added you eat for breakfast, the beneath aliment you will wish to eat at night,exercise is acute to weight loss,Eat beneath fat and amoroso this will advice lower the amount of calories you eat anniversary day,Avoid accepting a additional allowance at dinner,After breakfast.

milkmaterial

i been drinking brazil coffee for a while, i lost weight. i didnt exercise tho so i retain my tummy flab. i will have to exercise soon..i just have a lot of problems so i cant fully commit to a workout schedule right now :(

anyway i always keep this in mind..

cookies

ice cream

cake

candy

breads

rice

spaghetti

paste(spaghetti..same thing hehe)

i need to eat those very sparingly..now u see i love those but when presented with:

almonds

walnuts

cranberries

strawberries

pineapples

avocados

apple flavored green tea

hard boiled egg in a chicken noodle soup

yogurt

whole wheat cereal

i choose these more than the sugary stuff. its more delicious and makes me look and feel good. i am in skinny jeans and heels..unlike before i was severely out of shape. i also have bought tons of clothes and i feel its sort of my inspiration to look great in my clothes so i have to work for it :)

i always think..the sugary stuff are delicious..i LOVED hot pockets (not kidding), i had boxes of hostess cupcakes and sno balls and twinkies ..i bought ice cream every week..they just made me feel fat and sugar, lets face it, ages you.

http://www.scientistlive.com/European-Science-News/Medical/Over-consumption_of_sugar_linked_to_ageing/21849/

i used to drink wine a lot (a bottle of wine just for me..), i also used to smoke marlboros (come to the world where the flavor is..marlboro country).. i stop these to preserve my looks..or whats left of it :laugh:

im not doing this for any man tho..its for me. my bf could care less what i looked like..

Edited by milkmaterial

1. Take proper food maintain record of that.

2. Do exercise.

3. Avoid junk food, ready made food & also avoid food have lots off fat.

4. Try to take more drinks & fresh fruits.