hey...

i didnt feel any tingling sensation in my lips or anything and all of a sudden i got these bumps on my lips... i assumed they were pimples because of the way they looked, but i thought maybe they were cold sores. anyways the problem is that i was kissing my girlfriend, but i wasnt kissing her on my side where there was pimples... and from reading this forum and other places i discovered that it travels thru the saliva... and the worst thing is that i gave her oral sex!!! i am like up at 3am scared as hell over her... i dont want anything bad happening to her... what can happen to my girlfriend??? will she get genital herpes definately??? is there a possibility that she wont get genital herpes??? what should i do???

please,,, i cant sleep and im going crazy... i need to know what i can do and how much of an idiot i am

thanks

joe.

HokeyReligions

1st get to a doctor and find out exactly what the sores are, then if necessary get your girlfriend to a doctor right away for treatment.

O.K. first of all - get your self to the doctor! I have suffered with cold sores all of my life and you need some Zovirax to clear that up. Now it sounds as though you suffer also. #1 - NEVER EVER have any kind of contact with your partner unless the both of you are washed up with soap and water. #2 - I don't care if it spoils the mood - follow rule #1 thoroughly!

Kissing someone new will make me break out for sure until my face has become accustomed to his, drinking from a styrafoam cup will make me break out, a change in the whether (from hot to cold and vice versa), licking my lips in the wind almost anything at all will bring them on so I am extremely careful. I have learned over the years that any partner I am intimate with MUST follow the rules. No kissing me unless you are cleaned up, no oral, no sex, no touching and especially if he has a beard!

Holy Moly all hell breaks loose if he does and if you think about really....your g/f has a beard. I'm not trying to be funny I am being serious. Spontinaety is no longer an option for you, although I have to admit that I have learned over the years how to be "frisky" with my partner while he is cleaning up.....tee, hee,hee ;)

The best thing I can do for myself on a daily basis is wear lipstick - it acts as protection for me. In your case, you could always pick up a stick of lip balm. Your g/f will probably be o.k. - you have to ask her though if she has noticed any bumps down there.

Is this the first time this has happened to you?

Bubbles

Bubbles

VASH THE STAMPEDE
Originally posted by joeg

hey...

i didnt feel any tingling sensation in my lips or anything and all of a sudden i got these bumps on my lips... i assumed they were pimples because of the way they looked, but i thought maybe they were cold sores. anyways the problem is that i was kissing my girlfriend, but i wasnt kissing her on my side where there was pimples...

did you have them before in you life???

if not ,she possibly gave them to you .

have you known her long enough to know if she had any diseases?

if not you should have watch what your were doing

have you had sex with a pereson that was infected?

to me not enough detail was given on you situation .

my best advise is to go get checked asp,and not have oral sex until find out whats going on.

also wear a condom.

• Author

i just came back from visiting two GP's and they both said the same thing.

the cold sore i have is the non-contageous coldsore

the way to give someone else genital herpes is if my coldsore was a result of giving oral sex to someone that had genital herpes

my girlfriend didnt have genital herpes and neither did i, therefore since we dont have multiple sex partners then there was no chance of me giving her genital herpes

thanx for the advice

joe.

• 2 weeks later...

Id appreciate atip from anyone that had my same problem..i had oral sex with a girl about 4 days ago , by oral sex i mean i licked her..all o.k. but today i have some small .about 3 flat sores on the corner of my mouth on my lips i also feel a bit weakish and a bit coldish...does this mean i have a cold sore?by the way my gf has had not had sexual intercourse with anybody before so its a bit of a puzzle for me..what is this and is it dangerous..hey bubbles seems like u know a lot about this stuff do i have to see a doctor and why are cold sores called cold sores ..do they make u feel cold ?

Originally posted by joeg

i just came back from visiting two GP's and they both said the same thing.

the cold sore i have is the non-contageous coldsore

the way to give someone else genital herpes is if my coldsore was a result of giving oral sex to someone that had genital herpes

my girlfriend didnt have genital herpes and neither did i, therefore since we dont have multiple sex partners then there was no chance of me giving her genital herpes

thanx for the advice

joe.

There's no such thing as a non-contagious type of cold sore. Cold sores are caused by the Herpes Type 1 virus. Anything caused by a virus can be spread. Cold sores (Herpes Type 1) prefer the mouth, and Genital Herpes (type 2) sores prefer the genitals and thighs and those areas down there, but it is definitely not impossible for these to be reversed.....to pass along type 1 to someone's genitals while performing oral sex if you have an active cold sore, or getting type 2 Genital Herpes on your mouth if performing oral sex on someone who has Genital herpes.

You should educate yourself on both types of Herpes.

And yes, you could have passed type 1 (cold sore) onto your girlfriend's genitals if you were performing oral sex on her and you had active cold sores on your mouth area. Even people with either type, who may not have the active sores/lesions at the time, they can still spread the virus, it's called "asymptomatic shedding."

I'd seriously question what kind of doctor you have, who is able to tell you that a viral cold sore "isn't the contagious type." That's hogwash.

Originally posted by barry

Id appreciate atip from anyone that had my same problem..i had oral sex with a girl about 4 days ago , by oral sex i mean i licked her..all o.k. but today i have some small .about 3 flat sores on the corner of my mouth on my lips i also feel a bit weakish and a bit coldish...does this mean i have a cold sore?by the way my gf has had not had sexual intercourse with anybody before so its a bit of a puzzle for me..what is this and is it dangerous..hey bubbles seems like u know a lot about this stuff do i have to see a doctor and why are cold sores called cold sores ..do they make u feel cold ?

If you've developed any kind of sores on your mouth, after performing oral sex on a partner, you should be getting yourself to your doctor as soon as possible, so they can be checked out.

Your girlfriend says she's never had intercourse, but has she ever allowed someone to have oral sex on her? (many people claim to be virgins despite having participated in oral sex, either receiving or giving..so just because someone says they've never had intercourse, that doesn't mean you should assume they are disease-free).

Cold sores are called that because they generally occur in people who have that type of virus that causes them (Herpes Type 1), and when a person with this virus in their body has a cold, it puts a strain on their immune system and that's often when a person will have a flare-up of cold sores. Cold sores do not make a person feel cold. There is no connection there.

Nobody here can tell you what these sores on the corner of your mouth are, only a doctor can check them out and test them. They could be cold sores, they could be nothing, but nobody here can presume to guess or diagnose you.

Most everyone has cold sores, or immunity to cold sores. Cold sores are caused by the Herpes Type 1 virus. They are not the same as genital herpes, though in the same family: genital herpes is caused by a different strain of the virus, and is called herpes type 2.

hey cindy how do i know i have a cold sore cause they didnt start with ablister they are flat like 1-2 mm diameter red rim but absolutely flat...painful..i heard u can geet other sores like fungal infections by having oral sex with a girl.....what makes me mad is that all fun things have a down side does this mean i cant di this with my gf once im well? does she need a check up?

thanks befuddled so a girl can have herpes even if she hasnt had intercourse i figured i was safe but i wasnt probably ..so now i can pas this thing to other people..right ..so i haveto be careful..thanks

I can't give medical advice because I'm not qualified - BUT I have had cold sores (I call them fever blisters) many times and they always turn into an actual blister with fluid in it, not just flat. They always get worse before they start clearing up.

If you have any doubt about whether they are cold sores, fever blisters, whatever you want to call them, I would suggest you go to the doctor and let him/her look at them. They can also give you a prescription to help clear them up if they are herpes-related.

Here are some more sites that might help you:

http://www.henryfordhealth.org/12983.cfm

http://www.1uphealth.com/health/herpes_labialis_oral_herpes_simplex_info.html

Barry, there is really no point getting yourself all worked up here about this. It's not going to do you any good. What you really need to do is get into a doctor and have these flat sore things looked at. Don't think the worst. It's easy to do but it serves no real purpose. If you have cold sores, so do millions of people. Lots of people have that virus in their body, from when they were little children....lots get it from being kissed as children by relatives who unknowingly had cold sores. Some just don't ever get cold sores, some do. Sometimes stress can bring them out...or friction (eg..lots of heavy duty kissing).

As for the genital herpes/no sexual intercourse thing...I'm just saying that just because a guy or gal says they've never had "intercourse", that doesn't necessarily mean they've never had intimate contact.....which means that just because a girl tells you she's never had sexual intercourse (penis in vagina), that doesn't necessarily mean she's never performed or had performed on her, oral sex. Lots of people, for some reason, don't count blowjobs as having had sex, guess it's all how you look at it. So just because someone's a virgin in terms of never having had intercourse with someone, if they've had ORAL sex (given or received a blowjob), they are as at risk for having an STD as if they had intercourse......I just say this because there's often a false sense of security that if your partner says they've never had intercourse that they're disease-free..which isn't automatically the case.

Just go to a doctor tomorrow and have this checked out. Don't put it off because in order for them to test it to see what it is, it has to be active versus already in the healing stages. Doctors see this kind of things hundreds of times a week, so don't feel bad or embarassed. Just get it checked out. It might just be nothing, just irritation from friction....but do get it checked out.

wow ha ha im happy u meant herpes and not hepatitis cindy LOL, thanks for all those links..befuddled although i dont like the idea of going to the doctor but ill do it..ill tell u what though thinking about the positive aspects, at least it was fun and not like getting it in a lousy way like drinking from a cup in a restaurant or something like that..the problem is u can also get paranoic about diseases and things llike that and i hope i dont get paranoic about these things.

• Author

i went to two doctors and they both sed the same thing... (after the first doctor i was like "that aint right how is it not contageous")

both doctors also did not prescribe me to any creams and both sed dont bother using zovirax it does nothing!!!

if one doc sed it then fair enough call him crazy but two doctors???

and its been two weeks now and nothings came up on my girl down there and she hasnt sed anything about burning piss or any other symptons... :D

• Author
Originally posted by barry

and i hope i dont get paranoic about these things.

dont worry barry... paranoia is absolutely normal... read the opening thread... u cant get more paranoid than that... both the doctors i saw were tellin me to calm down relax nothing to worry about and once i told my gf that i saw the docs n theres nothin to worri bout she was like "omg u saw a doctor... i didnt even think about it how paranoid are you" ... its just that i wanna be responsible for the things i do... is that so hard to be

Hi everybody, i went to the doc chukle..was a bit embarassed how to formulate my words ..i told him i had oral sex with a girl so first he thought that a girl had given me headso i had to tell him that it was the other :p way round LOL..anyways it turned out that i had a cold sore but that maybe it wasnt connected to the oral sex but the kissing part..anyway he told me not to worry and didnt give me anything like zovirax..he just told me not to kiss anyone till i was well thanks cindy befuddled and joeg ..i feel much less hypocondriac today and the sores dont really bother me that much now.

• Author

u see i told u the doctors in my area werent crazy... nothing to worry about.... keep on pleasuring the women... if they deserve it then they should get all the attention down there!!!

I contracted cold sores (fever blisters) from kissing a guy on the mouth who had the virus about 4 years ago. At first I didn't talk to my doctor about it but eventually I did. My GP prescribed the cream (Zovirax) which really is not very beneficial. Then I talked to my gyno about it and she prescribed Valtrex (I do not have genital herpes). Valtrex is cool because if I think I am about to get one, I take the Valtrex pill and most of the time it heads it off and I don't get a blister. It's very embarrassing to walk around with a blister on your lip!

I know it has been said already but I am saying it again because its VERY important...you can transmit the virus from your mouth to your partner's gentials. My boyfriend often jokes that I don't give him oral sex enough but it is only because I worry about transmitting it to him. If my lips are just chapped, I won't do it because there is that uncertainty. He and I have talked about it and we both understand the severity of the consequences. When I have a blister we do not kiss. If we have sex while I have an outbreak I make sure to wash my hands before any type of sexual touching.