Liposuction/tummy tuck

I was never blessed with a flat stomach, even at my slimmest, but at nearly 40 my jelly belly is looking worse than ever. I am 5'7" and weigh about 144lbs so I wouldn't consider myself particularly overweight, although I do have a constant battle with weight and have to watch what I eat.

I have to admit, I don't exercise anywhere near enough. I go through phases of joining gyms/exercise classes but then get bored and give up. I just don't have the motivation. However, when I was going through my gym bunny phase, and when I lost a lot of weight in my 20s, I still couldn't get rid of the tummy! I've had a child since then (by c-section) although I don't feel this had made the situation much worse (apart from the slight post-c-section overhang!)

Anyway, I just wanted to know if there is anyone out there who has had liposuction or a tummy tuck (I am not sure yet which would be recommended for me) and what you thought of the procedure/results/after effects.

I have, of course, checked all this out online but wanted to hear all straight from the horse's mouth, as it were!

Thanks v much in advance!

KickinCowgirl

I haven't, but I do know two people who have and it looks AWESOME...no S**t you can barely even see the scar after they did the laser thingy to have it removed too. I mean you can't see they had this surgery it looks incredible.

They both say the downtime wasn't that bad and the pain factor was ok too with the pain meds. But it wasn't crushing or anything. I don't exercise either so I'm all for the plastic option!

you have to let me know if you decide to do it!

I'm going to go have my lips injected a bit...thats about all I can do right now ... :)

• 4 weeks later...

I have not tried liposuction or tummy tuck but I heard that tummy tuck is great for women who have just given birth and also for people who had underwent significant weight fluctuation...on the other hand, liposuction is great for people who have built a sizable fat deposit that can not be removed via diet or traditional exercising...

• 3 weeks later...
manikchauhan24

My cousin has undergone through Tummy Tuck surgery by Dr. Mohan Thomas, She looks pretty slim now. You may consult the same Doctor for your surgery.

:)

its not a big deal i had some lipo on my arms a few years ago cause i really hated them, i felt self conscious in a bathing suit and i had to hide in long sleeves for years on end. people said it wasnt big but to me it looked ****ing big imo. i was happy when the doc took it all out, he himself said it WAS big but when i was in for a consultation he said it wasnt big. i guess when the fat came into the jar it was big. its instant gratification, kinda like shopping. it was very expensive too. u have to scout out doctors but dont think too much of the price, you need to make sure this doc is reputable. there is always gonna be issues afterwards, you might think he didnt remove enough, google the risks associated w/ it. not so bad really.

http://www.realself.com/plastic-surgery-before-after-photos

click on "mini tummy tuck" im sure ur tummy isnt that bad.

Check out smartlipo. It literally leaves no scars and you can go back to work in two days. Basically, the surgeon inserts a small laser into the area with fat and the laser melts it off.

• 3 weeks later...
johnachillies

i have read all article and conclude that physical health is much needed and if a person will physically fit then that can even think better, i was also suffering from same situation but liposuction is much expensive process as well dangerious for life .and then i decided to get fit and i planned the diet and used the medicines and burners too but after great research i found prohcgdiet.com and get the fast resultant tablets about course of 21 days

• 1 year later...
  • Author
PoshPrincess

Sorry to everyone for not replying to this thread. Haven't been on the site since then. I am STILL considering the tummy tuck/lipo and have read all your comments with interest - very positive! Guess I should start saving now then....

• Author
PoshPrincess
im sure ur tummy isnt that bad.

Actually, it IS that bad. I really do look pregnant, even with clothes on. Magic knickers not even doing to job anymore :( I can't possibly lose anymore weight (and don't need to) so I think surgery is the way forward. It certainly seems that a tummy tuck rather than lipo would be all I need though. No amount of exercise is shifting it, that's for sure!

I advise against it. We all have a set number of fat cells in our body. When you gain weight, you don't gain cells, it's that the cells you have get bigger. People who have Lipo, when you continue your bad habits of no exercise and crap diet, then the other fat cells are forced to overcompesate, and you will get lopsided fatter down the road. Tuck your tummy? Your a$$ sure as **** is gonna grow when you keep gaining weight, among other things. Earn a better body, it's healthier, it's more rewarding, it looks better, and it will keep you from wasting time on things like the TV

• Like 2
I advise against it. We all have a set number of fat cells in our body. When you gain weight, you don't gain cells, it's that the cells you have get bigger. People who have Lipo, when you continue your bad habits of no exercise and crap diet, then the other fat cells are forced to overcompesate, and you will get lopsided fatter down the road. Tuck your tummy? Your a$$ sure as **** is gonna grow when you keep gaining weight, among other things. Earn a better body, it's healthier, it's more rewarding, it looks better, and it will keep you from wasting time on things like the TV

Absolutely. Also if the OP is not doing any exercise and she is still slightly above optimal weight for her height, she is likely to be flabby all over - which can't be fixed with liposuction completely

RiverRunning

OP, while your weight falls within normal ranges on the BMI, the fact that you hate exercising probably plays a much larger role in the way your stomach appears than anything else. If you look like you're pregnant (besides fibroids, which was a good suggestion), then you likely still have body fat to lose. Some of it may be from drastic weight gains/losses from pregnancy, but I bet there's still a lot more that you could do in the meantime to help improve its appearance.

Start getting into cardio. Start getting into strength training.

For what it's worth, I'm bordering on obese and while I've mostly stopped losing weight, I'm still dropping clothing sizes. The composition of my body is changing. You may have a small frame, OP, and you likely have a high body fat percentage.

Surgeons may be more willing to operate on you because your weight falls within a healthy BMI range - but if you have this surgery, and you continue not to exercise, and possibly even gain weight in the future, what will the whole thing have been for? Even a mini tummy tuck starts around $2500.

There are no easy fixes. If you can't will yourself to go to the gym, how are you going to will yourself to maintain the results of a surgery? In a few years, you'll likely wind up back in the same office getting the surgery done again. That's a lot of pain, money and possible complication.

RiverRunning

I should add - the only exception to the tummy tuck advice is if you TRULY have excess skin. It's fairly rare, though, and most people who complain about it actually still have excess body fat.

If you can pinch areas on your stomach and they feel like the skin that's on the back of your hand, you might have excess skin. If you've maintained your weight for 2 years and it still looks that way, a surgeon would likely do something about it. But that's the only time I would advocate surgery, and even then it's not always a necessity.