Anyone have any tips on lower ab workouts?

Hey everyone, I'm having a heck on a time getting my lower abs looking the way i want them to. My upper abs and sides are looking pretty good, but i'm not seeing any changes with my lower abs yet, been almost 6 months now...

Any advice/tips on what workouts to try where I'll get results?

Thanks!

laRubiaBonita

pilates does lots of stuff while keeping the lower abs engaged.

also you could try leg lifts (lay on your back and lift the legs off the ground)

and along with the lefts if you keep the legs in a stationary lifted position

I will agree and say Pilates does help with the lower abs.

@LaRubia

Everytime I see your location I laugh.My little brother showed me this really weird cartoon mix - on youtube named "Up your butt - with a coconut" and it is really funny. Well it is actually gross but your name reminds me of it everytime and I laugh.

Sorry to thread Jack. ;-/

laRubiaBonita
I will agree and say Pilates does help with the lower abs.

@LaRubia

Everytime I see your location I laugh.My little brother showed me this really weird cartoon mix - on youtube named "Up your butt - with a coconut" and it is really funny. Well it is actually gross but your name reminds me of it everytime and I laugh.

Sorry to thread Jack. ;-/

:lmao: maybe i should add to my location :D

• Author
pilates does lots of stuff while keeping the lower abs engaged.

also you could try leg lifts (lay on your back and lift the legs off the ground)

and along with the lefts if you keep the legs in a stationary lifted position

Hmm, i forgot all about pilates, i'll have to look into that. And i do quite a bit of leg lifts, but it seems just to built my upper abs.....maybe time will tell.

You need to lower your body fat even more. Do more cardio, watch your diet and will help. I love doing crunches for ab exercices. To really get your abs to show you need to get rid of the fat covering your abs, you can only do that by losing weight.

I think crunches are terrible - totally useless.

Pilates is FAR better. So are exercises like the abdominal " plank", which you can GOOGLE online for images of people doing it, with correct form.

Stay away from crunches - eat right and do cardio and weight training/ andor Pilates Yoga -

- cardio and, it is believed it is also 70% at LEAST diet, that allow you to reach your goal weight and body fat % level

- after and during your time spent reaching your optimal weight and body fat % goals, give weight training a go, as it raises your metabolism and will encourage you to look leaner and faster metabolism is due to the fact that weight OR any type resistance training helps increase muscle mass and decrease fat.

- Try Pilates and Yoga - I suggest starting with DVD'S, in addition to going to one lesson initially, so an insurtctor can show u proper technique. Some women find that Pilates, Yoga, in addition to their cardio alone, is enough to get that toned and firm body they are after, without lifting heavy weights - bu you have to try everything to know what works for you.

Pilates is where the results for your abs will come from - in addition to the cardio, possible weight training, and good diet.

• Author
You need to lower your body fat even more. Do more cardio, watch your diet and will help. I love doing crunches for ab exercices. To really get your abs to show you need to get rid of the fat covering your abs, you can only do that by losing weight.

Yeah, good point. I'm 5'8'' tall and about 160lbs and in pretty good shape (just not happy with my abs) and not sure what my body fat is at the moment. How does one find out how much body fat they have?

I think crunches are terrible - totally useless.

Pilates is FAR better. So are exercises like the abdominal " plank", which you can GOOGLE online for images of people doing it, with correct form.

Stay away from crunches - eat right and do cardio and weight training/ andor Pilates Yoga -

- cardio and, it is believed it is also 70% at LEAST diet, that allow you to reach your goal weight and body fat % level

- after and during your time spent reaching your optimal weight and body fat % goals, give weight training a go, as it raises your metabolism and will encourage you to look leaner and faster metabolism is due to the fact that weight OR any type resistance training helps increase muscle mass and decrease fat.

- Try Pilates and Yoga - I suggest starting with DVD'S, in addition to going to one lesson initially, so an insurtctor can show u proper technique. Some women find that Pilates, Yoga, in addition to their cardio alone, is enough to get that toned and firm body they are after, without lifting heavy weights - bu you have to try everything to know what works for you.

Pilates is where the results for your abs will come from - in addition to the cardio, possible weight training, and good diet.

Ok thanks, i'll have to look into all of that. I get a decent workout at work everyday, but am too tired to go for a run after work. Sounds like i'm going to have to go that extra mile to get my results.