I wanna gain some weight, but no matter how much I eat I don't gain anything :/ The only time I gained some weight was when I was on birth control, but i'm off them now. What do I do?! I'm seriously considering going back to birth control, even though i'm not having any sexual relations for the moment.

I wanna gain some weight, but no matter how much I eat I don't gain anything :/ The only time I gained some weight was when I was on birth control, but i'm off them now. What do I do?! I'm seriously considering going back to birth control, even though i'm not having any sexual relations for the moment.

Isn't it frustrating. I recently had my physical and asked my doctor isn't there a medication to help you gain weight. He sad "not really" just eat what you want. That doesn't do it.

What you want to do is slow down your metabolism, there are foods and herbs that do this...also there are foods and herbs that speed it up.

Actually there are pills to slow down your metabolism (thyroid meds such as Tapazole).

Have you guys ever had your thyroids checked for hyperthyroidism?

I understand your frustration, and those who have never dealt with this will not understand this next statement. It is easier to loose weight, than to gain it. It is scary not to be able to gain weight...

I think slim women look good and I wish I had a super f ast metabolism and was unable to gain weight. Although skinny people like you hate it lol, and I feel bad for you.

A very easy food to eat a lot of, is peanut butter, and nut butters, and nuts in general - do you like roasted, salted peanuts or cashews? Try almond butter on a sandwich....

Seirously - eating half a cup of nuts is super easy and non filling to do - and nuts are basically the highest thing in calories that a person can eat - cos it is mostly fat.

If you ate hanf a cup of nuts in the morning, and half a cup of nuts later on in the day - you would add a significant amount of calories to your diet.

Ultimately though - you have to educate yorusself on how many calories a person of your weight/size needs to MAINTAIN, and then you have to make sure you eat extra calories to gain.

2500 - 3000 calories is an amount that I have heard some experts recommend for weight gain for women - but I am not an expert - this is just what I have heard the experts say.

Bottom line, you need to find out how to eat about 2500 calories or more. The easiest way to do this, is to join a website that counts your calories for you: www.calorieking.com is one.

www.caloriecount.com is another.

You will never gain weight if you simply just try to eat a lot: you have to actually KNOW how many calories you need to gain, and EAT that much every day.

Feelin Frisky

All I can say is I'm jealous. Want to switch thyroids? I'll trade you my endo for your ecto. Deal?

FRISKY - I am glad you said that - I was worried that it was in bad taste, for me to say that I wish that I was one of those thin people who remained thin whilst eating heaps.

I realize that it would suck to be very thin and unable to gain weight easily! I like being slim, and would love to be able to stuff my face whenever I wanted haha without gaining weight.

Feelin Frisky
FRISKY - I am glad you said that - I was worried that it was in bad taste, for me to say that I wish that I was one of those thin people who remained thin whilst eating heaps.

I realize that it would suck to be very thin and unable to gain weight easily! I like being slim, and would love to be able to stuff my face whenever I wanted haha without gaining weight.

Can you imagine actually struggling to TRY to gain weight? I gain weight by breathing. And I've always struggled with this. Always. I can't imagine the reverse. But I think I'd prefer it.

That is what I mean, Frisky - I do wish I had that fast metablism thing - but I do not want to diminish the struggles such people go through.

Perhaps if we had a super fast metabolism for a week, and HAD to eat LOADS to maintain our weights; it would be fun for a week, and longer I suspect...

People who have always been super thin no matter what are used to it and it is prob not a big novelty to them haha. Where as I like thinness and would have a preference for it, if I COULD magically change my body type and metabolism!

TO THE original poster - I hope you do end up eading up a bit about weight gain - it takes 2500 for a girl, without activity, for the types of women who have super fast metabolisms.

OP, have you had a thyroid function test done before? If not, go get it. Along with a full medical checkup.

If you get a clean bill of health, just enjoy your wonderful metabolism. :) Lots of people like how slim women look.

What you want to do is slow down your metabolism, there are foods and herbs that do this...also there are foods and herbs that speed it up.

Actually there are pills to slow down your metabolism (thyroid meds such as Tapazole).

Have you guys ever had your thyroids checked for hyperthyroidism?

I understand your frustration, and those who have never dealt with this will not understand this next statement. It is easier to loose weight, than to gain it. It is scary not to be able to gain weight...

I have had my thyroid checked and it is fine. What are some of the foods that will slow down one's metabolism? Thanks Leigh 87 for the info.

Edited by stillafool
skydiveaddict

get this book

If you dont want to buy it, I will give you my copy . PM me a P.O box or something else anonymous and I will send it to you

Edited by skydiveaddict