Weight question

loverofloveandstuff

If you have to eat heaps to maintain your current weight, and lose weight really fast if you're not constantly eating a lot and weighing yourself to monitor your weight, does that mean you're just naturally supposed to be more petite?

It could be genetics. I have a cousin who can eat chocolate and tons of junk food without gaining weight. She and her mom has the same physique, tall and thin.

Some people have very active thyroids. If you're looking ot gain weight and finding that eating the extra calories is a little too hard to stomach, can try drinking extra calories. Lots of good weight gain shakes out there, but wouldn't take them alone to excess as I think they have quite a lot of sugar in them but can mix them up with other ingredients.

I think it's based on metabolism. My whole family is thin and I have struggled with my weight for years and years, as a result of medication.

My husband has a high metabolism, he eats a massive amount of food and is athletic and muscular. Some people are just lucky like that!

• Author
loverofloveandstuff

Yeah, it's not my issue, it's one of my girlfriends who keeps complaining about it. I don't know much about this kind of thing so I said she is lucky she doesn't have to do a thing to keep her tiny figure. She seems really concerned though and says she is going to get heart problems because of how fast her metabolism is, just trying to understand...

She is trying to gain weight but I think her natural body type is just very petite.

• Author
loverofloveandstuff
I have met several people like that (usually older), and I have learned that is exactly the thing to not say to someone who has trouble keeping weight on. Not gaining weight can be a very frustrating and nerve wracking condition for an individual (just as much as obesity), especially when they have a doctor and everyone else breathing down their neck to gain weight. I know someone who is 5'9 and 109 lbs, he has very serious health issues, in part due to his weight. One of my clients is also a woman who use to weight 250 lbs and now she is down to 76 lbs. She does have a heart condition which contributed to her rapid and massive weight loss.

If your friend is very concerned she should see a medical professional.

Yeah, that's what I said. I guess I should be more sensitive about what I say.

it is only when large boned people like myself tro to be 105 lbs that it looks unhealthy.

I would tell your friend that, as long as she looks and FEELS healthy, and has no health problems, then WHY ON EARTH would she want to gain?

I understand the need to gain, for women who are TOO scrawny; eating but being a petite does not look bad at all. I think it looks the best, hence why I got an eating problem in the past.

I think very few people eat HUGE amounts, and stay 100 or less lbs when they are tall people.

On the other hand: it is VERY COMMON for people to simply have small bones; A LOT of people have small bones, but VERY FEW people have super, hyper fst metabolisms.

Most small people are small because their frame size is tiny. Most of these petite people only eat normal amounts; if they eat more than they need, they gainw eight like every one else.

Little people need less food, most of the time. VERY FEW people are tiny, and need super high amounts of calories too.