why do i have blue veins on my breasts?

loverofloveandstuff

Really NOT happy at the moment.

Just today I noticed these blue veins on both of my breasts... I have never seen them before and am wondering whyTF they are there how I can get rid of them ASAP?? This is so frustrating! I have a gig on the 13th which requires me to be in bikinis and frankly, I cannot have this crap on body. :mad: I doubt makeup will cover it up, and I really don't want to have to put makeup on my body anyway.

HELP.

ALSO, is it possible they are permanent??? I looked this up on the internet and apparently blue veins are a sign of pregnancy. I am NOT pregnant. It's not an age thing, I'm 18.

• Author
loverofloveandstuff
Is it like a varicose vein, but on your boob?

yes, EXACTLY!!

I just looked in the mirror and they are less obvious now... Maybe hot water makes them more prominent? I still don't want it there! Do you know what it is SG?

Sounds like it's a spider vein (like a varicose vein, but not like sticking out off the skin, just a blue vein under the skin)... and yes, it's permanent. The only treatment I've found that does anything is sclerotherapy, which is an injection into the vein that causes it to shrink and disappear. I have one small one on my upper left thigh that appeared in the past 6 months or so, and it's been bugging me...hence why I know this.

Also, my period is due tomorrow... could this be a hormonal thing?

If your boobs swell from PMS it's possible it's just more visible because of that. But maybe not.

• Author
loverofloveandstuff
Sounds like it's a spider vein (like a varicose vein, but not like sticking out off the skin, just a blue vein under the skin)... and yes, it's permanent. The only treatment I've found that does anything is sclerotherapy, which is an injection into the vein that causes it to shrink and disappear. I have one small one on my upper left thigh that appeared in the past 6 months or so, and it's been bugging me...hence why I know this.

I don't understand why/how they appear so suddenly! If I'm getting these now when I am young and I continue getting these I will be a big giant blue blob of a person by the time I'm 30.

• Author
loverofloveandstuff
Are they in an irregular pattern? Any anomalies on your monthly self-exam? Are you using oral contraceptives?

Carhill, I'm not sure what a regular pattern would be! Let alone an irregular one? There are three blue lines/veins across my breasts. Yes, I am on the pill! And no, no anomalies on my monthly.

IMO, as you sound concerned, this would be something best discussed with your doctor. Oral contraceptives sometimes can cause side effects, not immediately observed, like you describe.

Are the veins distended or merely observable through the skin? You said they seemed worse with hot water. Are they mostly gone now?

• Author
loverofloveandstuff
IMO, as you sound concerned, this would be something best discussed with your doctor. Oral contraceptives sometimes can cause side effects, not immediately observed, like you describe.

Are the veins distended or merely observable through the skin? You said they seemed worse with hot water. Are they mostly gone now?

Not distended at all Carhill, just blue lines underneath the skin. They are mostly gone now but still obvious in my eyes atleast. *sigh* Guess I should go to the doctors.

SG- is sclerotheraphy immediately effective? Is there any downtime?

Thanks guys

Edited by loverofloveandstuff

OP, just so you know, most of the women I've been with, including my ex-wife, had/have discernible vein patterns in their breasts. IME, the larger the breast, the more veins were apparent. With my ex, they varied with her menstrual cycle. She never took contraceptives while we were married.

Go have a talk with your doctor and try to remain calm. You're 18 :)

SG- is schelotheraphy immediately effective? Is there any downtime?

Thanks guys

What what I know from my own research, as well as a friend who's had it done, there's absolutely no down time. They stick a needle in the vein, push the solution in, and it disappears. Poof.

I imagine in you're really sensitive you might get a little bruise at the injection site or something.

The only thing stopping me from doing it is that it's expensive. I think they charge by the vial, and I literally only have one little one inch long, teeny tiny vein. That's not worth the $500. I'm just waiting for more to pop up. LOL

From WebMD:

How Sclerotherapy Is Done

In most cases of sclerotherapy, the salt solution is injected through a very fine needle directly into the vein. At this point, you may experience mild discomfort and cramping for one to two minutes, especially when larger veins are injected. The procedure itself takes approximately 15 to 30 minutes.

The number of veins injected in one session varies, and depends on the size and location of the veins, as well as the general medical condition of the patient.

Sclerotherapy is performed in the doctor's office by a dermatologist or a surgeon and requires that you do not do any aerobic activity for a few days after the procedure.

Side Effects of Sclerotherapy

You may experience certain side effects after sclerotherapy. There are milder effects, such as itching, which can last for one or two days after the procedure. Also, you may experience raised, red areas at the injection site. These should disappear within a few days. Bruising may also occur around the injection side and can last several days or weeks.

• Author
loverofloveandstuff

Thanks guys.

I have looked up a sclerotherapy treatment place near me and it's expensive, but a rebate is claimable which is good. I will consider it, but not right now.

I think you were right about the contraceptive pill Carhill.

[sIZE=2]A definitive cause is not known, however a strong family history suggests that some people inherit veins that are more likely to deteriorate. In women, oestrogen may play a role as the onset of puberty and pregnancy and taking the oral contraceptive can give rise to vein abnormalities. In pregnancy, the enlarged uterus can restrict blood flow from the legs and promote the development of varicose veins. Spider veins and varicose veins are also associated with obesity. Occupations involving prolonged standing tend to increase the likelihood of veins to develop. Bone fractures and soft tissue trauma can cause localized vein abnormalities. [/sIZE]

IMO, it's worth discussing with your doctor and s/he can perhaps investigate further and experiment with a different contraceptive, as applicable, or, if you're not currently sexually active, cease it as a control measure. IMO, I would pursue all other avenues before invading the breast in any way. There's got to be a logical reason for this. Find it. :)

Lover, I don't know what kind of "gig", you are doing, but veins in your boobs aren't disfiguring. Most men don't notice and those that do , who cares, right? Not to be offensive, but I've seen, touched and otherwise manipulated a fairly large number of boobs in my life and this is by no means abnormal. Lots of women have them. Like puffy nipples, one bigger than the other, and saggy boobs, you just have to make the best of it.:)

• Author
loverofloveandstuff
Lover, I don't know what kind of "gig", you are doing, but veins in your boobs aren't disfiguring. Most men don't notice and those that do , who cares, right? Not to be offensive, but I've seen, touched and otherwise manipulated a fairly large number of boobs in my life and this is by no means abnormal. Lots of women have them. Like puffy nipples, one bigger than the other, and saggy boobs, you just have to make the best of it.:)

Thanks Joe, that is comforting but I still care and it's alarming because they weren't there before! If they become much more noticeable, my employers are probably going to care too. I'm promoting a skate brand at a skating festival and the following thursday, a boxing event. Both events won't appreciate me having veins all over my breasts. I will probably get a spray tan for both of the events which might cover it a bit.

Thankfully they don't look half as bad as after my shower but I will still see a doctor about it.

EDIT: I meant to say skateboarding* not ice skating or anything lol.

Edited by loverofloveandstuff
Thanks Joe, that is comforting but I still care and it's alarming because they weren't there before! If they become much more noticeable, my employers are probably going to care too. I'm promoting a skate brand at a skating festival and the following thursday, a boxing event. Both events won't appreciate me having veins all over my breasts. I will probably get a spray tan for both of the events which might cover it a bit.

Thankfully they don't look half as bad as after my shower but I will still see a doctor about it.

EDIT: I meant to say skateboarding* not ice skating or anything lol.

My advice would be to use cosmetics, when they are being viewed by the public, but not to have any medical procedure, which may or may not be helpful, could cause other problems, and will probably cost plenty. Who knows, you might want to use them someday for the purpose they were created.:)
  • Author
loverofloveandstuff
My advice would be to use cosmetics, when they are being viewed by the public, but not to have any medical procedure, which may or may not be helpful, could cause other problems, and will probably cost plenty. Who knows, you might want to use them someday for the purpose they were created.:)

Wait, you mean use makeup for the purpose it was created right? Yeah, I am not going to jump into any medical procedures just yet! Some of the side effects, although said to be rare do not sound appealing in the least.

All of the advice much appreciated peoples.

hellooo..

i havent read all of the other replies so im not sure if this has been posted already

i had the exact same things on my boobs about four years ago. it was due to me putting on a large amount of weight, and then losing it (within six months). i used bio-oil on them (not sure if it is sold where u are, but if it is, get it.) the veins are not blue anymore, just a light, silvery colour. they are basically invisable now. im not saying it will take four years. it actually took about a month to go away.

good luck!

just_some_guy

Isn't completely normal? Especially for fair-skinned women, to have visible blue veins under the skin, even on their breasts? A good topless tan would probably hide it nicely.

At some point, we just have to accept that we're just normal, living human beings.

Really NOT happy at the moment.

Just today I noticed these blue veins on both of my breasts... I have never seen them before and am wondering whyTF they are there how I can get rid of them ASAP?? This is so frustrating! I have a gig on the 13th which requires me to be in bikinis and frankly, I cannot have this crap on body. :mad: I doubt makeup will cover it up, and I really don't want to have to put makeup on my body anyway.

HELP.

ALSO, is it possible they are permanent??? I looked this up on the internet and apparently blue veins are a sign of pregnancy. I am NOT pregnant. It's not an age thing, I'm 18.

Yeah just look at all the pesky little f*ckers.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.succeed.ufl.edu/content/abe2062/lect/lect_20/30_04.GIF&imgrefurl=http://www.succeed.ufl.edu/content/abe2062/lect/lect_20/lect_20.htm&h=450&w=580&sz=75&tbnid=Ric9It3JCaauaM:&tbnh=104&tbnw=134&prev=/images%3Fq%3Ddiagram%2Bof%2Bhuman%2Bcirculatory%2Bsystem&zoom=1&q=diagram+of+human+circulatory+system&hl=en&usg=__RoSTyIjHRKVLjz8AUVSxFH2x0Jo=&sa=X&ei=K2TTTNrcG8GB8gac9-3kBA&ved=0CBsQ9QEwAA

Isn't completely normal? Especially for fair-skinned women, to have visible blue veins under the skin, even on their breasts? A good topless tan would probably hide it nicely.

At some point, we just have to accept that we're just normal, living human beings.

Veins. Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.

• Author
loverofloveandstuff

lostsoul - thankyou so much for the advice! I actually have bio oil at home as I love to use it as a body moisturiser at night. I will definitely try this!

Looking at them today, I really think I made a bigger fuss than needed over them.

someguy - yeah, I'm going to get a spray tan for all of the events&comps coming up so I don't think they'll be very noticeable.

MENemy - I wish you could live without them! Just like I wish we could all live without pores.

Sorry miss. This question I think is out of my league. lol But I would imagine if it will help any. Wouldn't something like a Anti inflammatory type of drug help. Like Advil help with the swelling. Or perhaps a heat compress