I want to lose some weight - the healthy way and excersise more

I am 20 year old female and I have kind of made a New Year's Resolution in August. I want to lose some weight - the healthy way and excersise more and make my stomach flatter.

I have tried diets and this and that in the past, and nothing seems to help in the long run. Here's where I run into problems:

I don't have a very strong willpower. It's hard for me to stick to a diet plan because I am a junk food junkie. And I hardly have time to excersise because I go to school and work and I know that working when I get up in the morning wouldn't work, because I am not a morning person and I could NOT make myself do that. But in the evenings when I get home, I am always too tired to excersise.

I just don't have a very strong will power, but I am desperate to get in shape and get a better body. I am not good at sticking to things for a long period of time, but I am willing to if it is something that I can actually do and have time to do and will give me the results I am looking for.

Thanks Guys!

Savannah

If you want to lose weight, you are going to have to get some will power. You need to both reduce your caloric intake AND start a weight training program. An increase in muscle will increase your overall metabolic rate, which will help you lose weight more quickly.

You have to get out of the mindset of going on a diet and into the mindset of developing new eating habits for the rest of your life. It's quite true that nothing lasting will come of your eforts if they are only temporary. The first change to make is to eliminate the junk food and all processed foods. Try snacking on raw veggies and fruits instead. Make a simple pasta dinner with a salad rather than fast food.

Good luck.

i think everyone should by the book "overcoming overeating" its the best book ever....and its a natural way to get back to your natural weight. yes i have tried it, and it works, but you cant cut corners with it. it will help with self esteem as well as weight, but the weight is just the by-product!

You have to approach it differently. Don't try to make yourself do things you don't like; learn to love the things that are good for you. Find an activity you enjoy - that will keep you doing it. Maybe you like going for walks - do that. I love dancing so that's what I do and it is great exercise.

Same with food - find healthy foods you enjoy and then tempt yourself with them. It takes a bit of work to change your tastes - but when you find different things to enjoy, it's less of a fight to get yourself to do them