Recommend a workout plan to get fit

After years of being borderline underweight and then ideal weight, I have finally come to admit that I'm beginning to push above the ideal weight. I'm about 5 lbs above my medically ideal weight, probably 10-15 above the aesthetic ideal weight - but meh, the former will do for me. Problem is that even those 5 lbs always hit the worst possible places - only my tummy, arms, and face! I still have very prominent ribs, so I swear I look like one of those starving kids in Africa with skinny ribs and a protruding belly. :mad:

I'm looking for a laidback plan that I can actually stick to - an hour of gym, jogging, and various exercises a day I will probably NOT follow. To be honest, I don't enjoy physical exercise/workouts, but I'll do some if necessary. Not only for my weight but also my health. Bear in mind that I've never actually worked out much in my life before (used to skip gym class to hide around in the library and read storybooks :p), so I'll need to start small and easy.

Focus should preferably be on increasing cardio tolerance and stamina, burning calories and getting rid of that goddamned tummy. :mad:

What's your current level of physical activity? What sort of physical activity have you done in the past? What's your age, weight and height? Do you have any heart conditions or existing joint problems? This information would really be helpful.

If you're not very active right now, hashing out the details of a full training program may be a little premature. First and foremost, you need to get used to being active and getting your heart rate up. Swimming, tennis, walking, jogging, hiking, etc. should give you a pretty good idea of how prepared you are to begin exercising. For example, if you can't go on a light jog without feeling like passing out, you probably shouldn't be doing sprints. On the strength side of things, if you can't do ten push ups, you probably have no place trying to learn how to perform the bench press.

Do you have a basic level of fitness? Can you run a mile without stopping? Can you squat down into a full squat and jump into the air? Can you do ten push ups?

If you can do the above mentioned activities without much trouble, then you should consider a more formal training program. Otherwise, becoming more active should be your first step.

xpaperxcutx

Weight train.

Any amount of weight training will help you build muscles to burn fat.

And you should watch your diet. Eat clean to detox your liver.

Basically anytype of weight loss, fat burn requires a little committment.