SummerLady

Anyone know of a good tasting one. I like chocolate flavor...

I need one that tastes good, please:) No aftertaste

Jilly Bean

Best one out there, bar none, is:

(Worldwide) Pure Protein in Frosty Chocolate. 35g of protein. Love 'em.

Cytosport Muscle Milk is by far the best tasting protein shake I've ever had...but it's a bit heavy on the calories and fat though...but they do make a Lite version...

• Author
SummerLady
Cytosport Muscle Milk is by far the best tasting protein shake I've ever had...but it's a bit heavy on the calories and fat though...but they do make a Lite version...

I am using as meal replacement BTW

Have you tried adding natural peanut butter? If you use chocolate flavored protein powder, this can be awesome (think drinking a Reeses PB cup). One of my favorite variations has to be with using whole milk and frozen whole strawberries, and about a tablespoon of honey. Adding cottage cheese can add some goodness (and calories) too.

If you can't do milk or if you want to save a little money, I would recommend using the protein powder, natural peanut butter, crushed ice, and perhaps some instant oats for thickening. You can also add frozen bananas for some extra flavor.

• Author
SummerLady
Have you tried adding natural peanut butter? If you use chocolate flavored protein powder, this can be awesome (think drinking a Reeses PB cup). One of my favorite variations has to be with using whole milk and frozen whole strawberries, and about a tablespoon of honey. Adding cottage cheese can add some goodness (and calories) too.

If you can't do milk or if you want to save a little money, I would recommend using the protein powder, natural peanut butter, crushed ice, and perhaps some instant oats for thickening. You can also add frozen bananas for some extra flavor.

That sounds way good, I Love PB....Great Idea.....I am heading to the store now...

I am using as meal replacement BTW

Myoplex is an actual meal replacement shake.

Don't taste too bad but their hell to mix without a blender.

Or they used to be when I used them.

Myoplex is an actual meal replacement shake.

Don't taste too bad but their hell to mix without a blender.

Or they used to be when I used them.

Agreed...I used to use Myoplex...after a while, I just had to get used to the chunks of powder...

• Author
SummerLady
Agreed...I used to use Myoplex...after a while, I just had to get used to the chunks of powder...

I got cookies and cream whey protein. It tastes awesome. I think the van choc mix for me its good and when you add the pb its way good...Satisfies me and I feel full. Thanks all

I got cookies and cream whey protein. It tastes awesome. I think the van choc mix for me its good and when you add the pb its way good...Satisfies me and I feel full. Thanks all

Yay, cookies and cream is a winner. That's my preferred flavor as well.

11bgentleman

I have found that gaspari myofusion is the best tasting protein shake around. It mixes with water very easy and does not have an after taste. I have tried at least ten different brands and this one is the best in my book.

• 2 weeks later...
Da Escobar

I'd recommend Chocolate flavored Mass XXX. Not only does it build muscle, but it also put on healthy weight for your body and takes like nesquik

bananalaffytaffy

I like Jay Robb's stuff. Plus it's sugar free (uses stevia), so you can use those calories for yummy add-ins like peanut butter or fruit or whatever. People don't realize that just because you are drinking your meal, it is very easy to add enough stuff to have a 600-calorie shake very easily, which defeats the whole purpose.

• 2 weeks later...

Body Fortress brand from Walmart. All of their flavors are OKAY, but I like the strawberry best. It's cheap, it's good, and it mixes easily.

I'd also recommend a Magic Bullet mixer, especially if you are making meal replacement shakes. Buy vanilla flavored powders and make them whatever you want at the time. Fruit one time, some chocolate and peanut butter the next. Anything you can stomach. Veggies, cereals, coffee... I get tired of one flavor. If you have an espresso machine, try mixing a couple of shots in with your morning shake... it's okay.

xpaperxcutx
Designer whey protein. Chocolate. The best.

Oh yum.. I got the vanilla one. Compared to other whey protein, it's not as sweet which is exactly how I like it.

• 2 weeks later...
tanbark813

Syntrax Nectar is awesome.

Whatever you buy, don't get it from GNC. They're a ripoff. I always order from bodybuilding.com's website.

Syntrax Nectar is awesome.

Whatever you buy, don't get it from GNC. They're a ripoff. I always order from bodybuilding.com's website.

Actually, GNC's sale prices and even some of their regular prices are quite competitive with online prices. And I don't have to wait for shipping. And there are GNC's everywhere.

tanbark813
Actually, GNC's sale prices and even some of their regular prices are quite competitive with online prices. And I don't have to wait for shipping. And there are GNC's everywhere.

If you do a search on GNC's site versus BB you'll see that GNC's prices are higher (I'd post examples but the mods would get mad). Plus, BB has a better selection. GNC doesn't even carry Syntrax so they suck anyway. :D And the shipping usually only takes 2 days.

If you do a search on GNC's site versus BB you'll see that GNC's prices are higher (I'd post examples but the mods would get mad). Plus, BB has a better selection. GNC doesn't even carry Syntrax so they suck anyway. :D And the shipping usually only takes 2 days.

Oh, I totally agree with you on all counts...I used to use BB exclusively for their prices, but I just go to the GNC store, as there are like 10 locations within a mile of me...and I usually only buy stuff that's on sale, which makes GNC's prices right about the same as BB...

GrayClouds

And what really matter is you get a free towel with ever order over $75.:laugh:

If you do use BB make sure you find and use coupon codes, it generally gets you close to free shipping.