Guys: Baby powder on your balls?!

I apologize if i've posted this in the wrong forum, but I couldn't decide which one this should go under.

Anyway, I was at work a little while ago sitting around with my co-workers discussing how men sweat (don't ask). A guy had brought up that he uses baby powder on his balls every day to keep them 'fresh'. I was completely taken back, but none of the other guys seemed to flinch. I asked if that was normal, and they all agreed that they do it.

I was curious to know how many guys actually do this? I don't ever remember smelling (or tasting) baby powder down there before, or having a boyfriend admit that he does it. This was the first time i've ever heard of such a thing.

Eh, maybe sometimes after I workout, but thats not to keep them 'fresh' just to fight any rashes (damn things do crazy friction burns when you sweat) but I've never heard of anybody doing it everyday.

I don't do it but some men do it to prevent them becoming infected from rubbing against the legs all day. It can get very raw and itchy down there in the summer. I know this sounds gross but that is why some men do it.

Never heard of such a thing.

I do keep mine pressed up into my body though. Then I use a twist-tie to keep them from falling back down. A lot of guys do that. It hurts a little, but it's also a hygiene thing. Ask Woggle.

my ex did it every day and I think, also performed ballet while doing it, going by all the baby powder ALL OVER the bathroom he used. Though, he does have the Long B Syndrome, as coined by Larry David...so maybe that's part of it.

Not baby powder...Gold Bond medicated powder...I prefer the kind in the teal bottle over the regular yellow bottle...but I usually only use it after manscaping in the shower...it works absolute wonders...and you get that neat tingly sensation for a little while...

Nope , but I have been known to shave them :)

On long, >3hr, bike rides I may use a chamois cream. Getting crotch chafing from hours in the saddle is no fun

I don't ever remember smelling (or tasting) baby powder down there before

:sick:

This thread is full of lulz.

Personally, I wear specially designed codpiece that controls temperature and humidity. It also optimizes U.V. exposure. It was very expensive, but I feel well worth the price.

Erica, as a soldier, I've used talcum powder (gold Bond and others) to help fight "galding", around my balls. IN Iraq and Afghanistan, I would use it quite often. When a man's crotch gets sweaty, his nuts rub against his leg, it's like a rug burn, if you use talc, this helps keep the area dry, a prevents this from occuring as much.

• Author

Hmm, this is interesting! I'm really surprised that i've never heard about this before. Makes me feel so naive :o

At least now I know there's no reason for a man to smell like sweaty balls :lmao:

• Author
I should have known better than to click on this thread whilst eating dinner..... :sick::lmao:

:lmao::lmao:

Why is it such a surprise, Erica? Is it only for babies or woman?

I'm not embarrassed to say that yes...I use it a lot... My feet "there" and everywhere.

I have J&J Lavender BP...;)

Oh, I am not judging! I think it's great when a guy has good hygiene! I was just surprised because I had never heard of anything like that before, and apparently it's quite common. :o

TaraMaiden

At least now I know there's no reason for a man to smell like sweaty balls :lmao:

Sweaty balls may be the least of his problems...

Why is it such a surprise, Erica? Is it only for babies or woman?

I'm not embarrassed to say that yes...I use it a lot... My feet "there" and everywhere.

I have J&J Lavender BP...;)

well, I would stop as soon as you can.

Talcum powder is a carcinogen, and is extremely dangerous, as it's absorbed by the skin and mucous areas.

(. . .)This inaction ignores a 1993 National Toxicology Program report which found that cosmetic grade talc, without any asbestos-like fibers, caused tumors in animal subjects.1 Clearly with or without asbestos-like fibers, cosmetic grade talcum powder is a carcinogen.

Q. What kind of exposure is dangerous?

A. Talc is toxic. Talc particles cause tumors in human ovaries and lungs. Numerous studies have shown a strong link between frequent use of talc in the female genital area and ovarian cancer. Talc particles are able to move through the reproductive system and become imbedded in the lining of the ovary. Researchers have found talc particles in ovarian tumors and have found that women with ovarian cancer have used talcum powder in their genital area more frequently than healthy women.

I haven't used talc since the seventies. I still don't know if I'm safe....I won't touch it with a bargepole. Or similar long, round, stiff implement....

Star Gazer
well, I would stop as soon as you can.

Talcum powder is a carcinogen, and is extremely dangerous, as it's absorbed by the skin and mucous areas.

You're saying that the babies of America, most of whom are dusted at some point with Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder, are being subjected to cancer?

laRubiaBonita

corn starch is a great alternative....

and just FYI- i hate the way baby powder smells :sick:.... i would puke if my guy BPed his junk and i had to be around it.

TaraMaiden
You're saying that the babies of America, most of whom are dusted at some point with Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder, are being subjected to cancer?

Yes. The UK changed the formula ages ago. but I still refuse to use it. have you read the article?

Really - why even take the chance?

I heard this before...why would they use it on babies if it's so toxic. I like the smell of BP... Specially J&J Lavender. To stay on topic, Men like to smell and feel all cuddly and soft too lol:laugh:... Lavender BP before bed....Ahhhhhhhhh:D:D

because if you read the article you will see that recommendations were made and intervention was supposed to take place. it never did.

Simply because it's in use, doesn't make it safe.

Cigarettes are in use, and so is alcohol. Even with government warnings people still use them, so I guess it follows, that even if Talc is publicised as a known carcinogen, people will still use it because 'it smells nice'.

people look so good and healthy with a tan. All they've done is start roasting their epidermal layers. Another dangerous thing people choose to ignore. because it's always something that happens to other people.....right?

Right. :rolleyes:

Carry on folks... Hell, if it's used on babies, it must be safe....

The logic baffles me...

TaraMaiden
3. HAZARDS IDENTIFICATION

Talc is not listed as a carcinogen by OSHA, NTP or IARC. However Pioneer talc contains crystalline silica at levels greater than 0.1% but less

than 2 %. These levels are typical and may change slightly with different lots

• CARCINOGENICITY: This product contains crystalline silica. Repeated, prolonged inhalation of dust may cause delayed lung injury, which

may result in silicosis or pneumoconiosis. The International Agency For Research On Cancer in its publication, IARC Monographs On the

Evaluation Of The Carcinogenic Risk To Humans-Silica, Some Silicates, Coal Dust and Para-aramid Fibrils-Volume 68, 1997 has concluded

that there is sufficient evidence of the carcinogenicity of crystalline silica in humans, and has, therefore, classified crystalline silica in, Group 1,

Carcinogenic to Humans. The National Toxicology Programs (NTPs) Ninth Annual Report on Carcinogens 2000, lists crystalline silica

(respirable) as a substance which is known to be a human carcinogen. In humans, a number of studies have found an association between

lung cancer and exposure to dust containing respirable crystalline silica. While the IARC working group concluded there was sufficient evidence

in humans for the carcinogenicity of inhaled crystalline silica in the form of quartz or crystobalite, it noted that carcinogenicity in human was not

detected in all circumstances studied.

From Here.

I just find it scandalously worrying.

TaraMaiden

Yes. I hope if ever you get any problems, your two girls will be glad that at least dad kept his 'two veg' fresh....

Knowing how skin absorbs stuff, I would never put anything even potentially toxic near my wedding tackle.

txsilkysmoothe

I love baby powder on the sheets and I wouldn't mind a man using it.

You can buy the cornstartch/baking soda type, too.

I might have done this once... I can't remember.... some times I put baby powder in my socks... for the most part my balls smell like sweaty balls

• Author
So if a dude went to bed with his girl and he smelled like baby powder.....would that be a turn off? LMAO.

I'm so screwed if I ever get in a relationship...lots of bachelor habits to break.

I don't mind the smell of baby powder, smells fresh to me!

What do you think guys used during the Medival times?

I'm not sure, I don't usually wonder about that sort of stuff :laugh:

• Author
I might have done this once... I can't remember.... some times I put baby powder in my socks... for the most part my balls smell like sweaty balls

Gotta love that sweaty ball smell :laugh::sick:

gypsy_nicky

tried it in my younger years. Kept the a$$ crack dry too.

Wont do it anymore. Too much hassle and I wear boxers/briefs which keep the area cool.