Birth Control Pills and Weight Gain

[color=indigo]

I am 26 years old and started taking birth control pills for the first time, 3 months ago. I don't have any side effects accept feeling somewhat bloated. At first I felt a little nauseous but that has since subsided.

My only problem is that I have noticed some weight gain. About 7 pounds since I first started them. Has anyone else encoutered this? If so, how did you resolve it?

I did some research on the internet and higher doseages of estrogen in a pill can cause water retention and fat cells to retain fat. I am going to try cutting my caloric intake and not eat as much carbohydrates and see how that goes. I was just curious if anyone else on here dealt with this?

Thanks.

[/color]

Some birth control pills will cause more weight gain than others, depending on certain ingredients. If you look in the information on almost every birth control pill on the market, you will find weight gain as one of the possible side effects.

If you gain a substantial amount of weight or see your weight going up rapidly, talk to your doctor ASAP.

If you want to read to your heart's content on the subject, go to http://www.google.com and enter "birth control and weight gain" in the search field. You'll be reading for months.

Have a great weekend!

P.S. I have not had any personal experiences with birth control. It's food that causes my weight to go up.