Hooray! Just wanted to share...

My sisters and I ran a half-marathon this morning, and it was wonderful!! We trained for 3 months - one sister had never run one before, another hadn't done one in several years, and I did one last year but was training much slower than a year ago so I wasn't expecting much.

BUT, we all came in around the two hour mark (about a 9:00 average pace) and we felt great afterwards. Even better, we're raising money for cancer research and we're currently the #4 fundraiser.

Just wanted to share...it's so fun to set and reach a goal like this. :)

• Author

Thank you both! Since I posted we have risen to the #3 fundraiser! :) We ran in honor of my sister's sister-in-law, who died of breast cancer in February. It feels good to keep her memory alive and to do something tangible to help others.

Not bad for a half-arsed attempt. Congratulations. I don't blame you for stopping when it's just starting to get difficult. I would have done the same.

Nice job girl. What a great accomplishment.

I volunteer in the medical tent for the marathons around here and let me tell you, some people should just not be running.

It's always pretty exciting though. I've seen many a ripped off toenail and chafed nipple in my day :laugh: