late period :|

neveragain2493

my period is going on a week late now..

doesn't sound serious, but my period is always, always on time.

no, i'm not pregnant. i'm not having sex, so i'm not.

i have been a bit stressed out. i play on 2 teams for sports, and right now i have 8 practices per week along with school.

i get about 6 hours of sleep on average.

lately i've changed my diet to drinking nothing but water and eating healthier.

i know all of these contribute to a late period, but i'm betting on the stress.

i'm asking for some input here.

Hi,

Even if your period is very regular, it's not uncommon for it to change once a year or so. Stress has a lot to do with it as well as nutrition, and some women's period adjusts, syncs, to other women, maybe that is your case. I'm also regular, but once a year, my period is late a few days, even a week. I think it's normal; don't worry; it'll come.;)

Stress can a affect the body in many ways.. so my guess would be that it's your current stress level. I know for a fact it's happened to me in the past. Try to find some time to relax if you can. best wishes.

AP:)

IfWishesWereHorses

Also a very low BMI will cause a woman to stop menustrating. Have you lost any weight lately? How much physical excercise are you getting each week between practice and games?

I'd chalk it up to your diet change, alot of exercise and the stress.

I don't get my P at the same date each month, it changes all the time. Sometimes for 2 months it'll be on day 29, and other months it'll be day 32, then the next will be 39.

If you're concerned and your P doesn't come within another week, make a Dr appt.