I had my yearly check-up with my doctor today and weighed in at 163 pounds. I am 5'7 and wear a size 6-8 depending on the cut. So, I am not fat or chubby at all. Nor am I big boned just average. I work out and take care of myself but I've always been embarrassed by my weight. So today I asked my doctor to prescribe Adipex to see if I can shed a few pounds and he said ok.

Do I need to lose any weight? Or do I just ignore the number on the scale.

You are like me. I am not skinny, but I am not fat. I too wear a size 6-10 depending on brands. I am also trying to lose weight, but I don't think diet pills are the way to go. You don't sound like you need to lose that much anyways.

I suggestion getting your body fat testing done, I feel that is a little more accurate.

wow.. I don't know if it's the same size 6 as here in Canada.. but size 6 is very small..

If you're 163 lbs and 5'7.. in Canada you'd wear something like a size 12 or 14.

StartingOver07
wow.. I don't know if it's the same size 6 as here in Canada.. but size 6 is very small..

If you're 163 lbs and 5'7.. in Canada you'd wear something like a size 12 or 14.

Here too. I am 5'7" and 125 pounds, and I wear a 6, occasionally a 4. I work out and am very "tight." I definitely could not wear a 6 if I weighed 40 pounds more...

• Author

Well Lizzie,

US sizing is no different than the sizing in Canada. And no I DO NOT wear a size 12-14. My measurements are only a 36C-25-36, so I highly think that is a size 12-14. I never said I was a size 6. I said that I wear any where from a 6-8 depending on the cut.

You may have bones made of steel lol

You sound fine and if you look fine and feel fine why lose weight? I would question ANY doctor who would hand out diet pills so someone who is obviously not fat! it is disgusting!

I never go by what the scale says - I go by how my clothes fit and how I feel. If the jeans are getting tight and I'm craving sugar, it's time to hit the gym!

• 3 weeks later...

You don't need to lose any weight. You fretting over weight 163 lbs, but you're a lucky one. You don't need that Adipex. Damn what I wouldn't give to be a size 6-8. That'd be a miracle.