? about grape cure (detox)

Has anyone tried the grape cure to detoxify your system.

I heard about it and I want to try it.. I will start tonite (with a purgation).. and will start with 2 days of grape fasting... and if everything goes well, I might extend it to 4 days.

I am getting ready now (psychologically).. I remember when I was a kid, my mother used to give us something to purge us at every season.

So tonite I will take some 'purgation' then for the next 2 days I will only eat green grapes.. I just bought a truck load of green grapes.. :laugh:

I've heard this grape cure does miracle for the system.. it cleans it by getting rid of toxins, it does miracle for the skin and it rejuvenates. Their is quite a lot of 'articles' (in French anyway) on this grape cure.. they don't know for sure why it works so well..

Has anyone tried this before? Anyone wants to try it with me?

I'll join the grape cure tomorow night: I promise to drink lots of wine.

Of course the French would believe in the power of grapes.

• Author
I'll join the grape cure tomorow night: I promise to drink lots of wine.

Of course the French would believe in the power of grapes.

I just took my Fleet.. yyyuuuuccckk... that was gross...

I can't wait to see how it works.. I want to lose a few pounds.. I printed an article last week about the benefits for the skin.. it is apparently cure some allergies.. (I have some eczema)... we,ll see..

this is an old cure..

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/Cancer/grape.html

Have you ladies read this article?

The American Cancer Society reviewed the "Grape Cure" in 1965, 1971, 1974, and 2000. and found no evidence of benefit against human cancer or any other disease [4,5]. Grapes contain a few chemicals (resveratrol and proanthocynadins) that are being studied for possible preventive effects. But there is no reason to believe that Brandt's diet will ever be found useful for any purpose.

Thanks TBF. I read up a few articles on "la cure de raisin" and, well, the one claim that has me intrigued is the "cure fatigue" one. I'm always fatigued.

Please let us know how it goes ok Lizzie?

But I could never do a 'cure' - I'm too addicted to coffee. Or rather, I would have to conquer my addiction to coffee before I do a cure.

The average grape is 15.5% sugar content so you'd probably be high on fructose! :laugh:

Yeah, I heard that grapes make you real fat.

But she is going to eat green grapes, so maybe those are good.

Yeah, I heard that grapes make you real fat.

But she is going to eat green grapes, so maybe those are good.

No difference that I know of, for approximate sugar content.

From what I've read, red grapes are better for you than green grapes where most of the goodness resides in the skin and seeds. Maybe Lizzie has read something different.

The average grape is 15.5% sugar content so you'd probably be high on fructose! :laugh:

High Fructose Grape Syrup.

Honestly Lizzie, a grape diet? :confused: Maybe the you might need more activities. ;):cool:

Honestly, a grape diet? :confused: Maybe the OP may require more activities. ;):cool:

Honestly, a grape diet? :confused: Maybe the OP may require more activities. ;):cool:

Yikes! That would send me through the roof for energy. I don't touch candy and almost zero baking.

whichwayisup

Judging from your pictures, you don't look like you need to lose weight.

All you have to do is cut down bigtime on the carbs, and exercise more. Eat healthier and don't have big meals, let alone late night snacking.

The grapes? Make sure you have tums available because if you eat too many, it will upset your stomach and give you pains, let alone a sugar rush.

• Author
Curious Lizzie, did you buy organic grapes?

Naaaahhh.. waste of money.. I will wash them carefully..

• Author
Judging from your pictures, you don't look like you need to lose weight.

All you have to do is cut down bigtime on the carbs, and exercise more. Eat healthier and don't have big meals, let alone late night snacking.

The grapes? Make sure you have tums available because if you eat too many, it will upset your stomach and give you pains, let alone a sugar rush.

No.. it's not about losing weight.. it's more about feeling better.. I've been reading quite a lot about this ..this last week.. and I want to try it.. just to see... I had enough time to get ready (psychologically)..

one guy I knew (partner of an ex-partner of a gay friend) used to do that once a month, but with apples. Grapes sound good, but the sugar content is really high, and there's no real fiber in them to help push through solid waste ....

so be careful if diabetes is a health risk, lizzie.

besides, I thought water was the best detoxifying agent?

• Author
one guy I knew (partner of an ex-partner of a gay friend) used to do that once a month, but with apples. Grapes sound good, but the sugar content is really high, and there's no real fiber in them to help push through solid waste ....

so be careful if diabetes is a health risk, lizzie.

besides, I thought water was the best detoxifying agent?

So far so good.. I have only ate about half of the grapes I was supposed to eat... (2.5 kg for one day).. and one green tea.. and water... since Thursday evening..

I'm not even hungy... I feel good.. and I have no diabetes.. so that's not a problem..

I really thought it would be much harder.. since I looooove junk foods...

I might go on till tomorrow for lunch.. then I'm meeting some friends for lunch.. I might ask for a grape salad.. :laugh: