I eat well and I am good shape. I watch what I eat, but I don't deny myself if I really want something. I lift weights, I run, and generally keep active.

I can't stand it when people look at what I eat and what I do and judge themselves by me/or judge me.

If I order a salad, a friend feels guilty and wants to change her order from a french dip sandwich to a salad. Honestly? I don't care what you eat. I'm not trying to influence what other people eat. Stop making me feel uncomfortable by watching what I eat.

If I'm eating a sandwich, she's watching ever bite and notices whether or not I can finish a half or a whole sandwhich and them mimicks the same. But after 2 minutes of leaving half the sandwhich on the plate, "justifies" wanting to eat the other half because she didn't have breakfast. Again - I don't care what you eat. You don't need to give me a reason for eating. If you're hungry - eat! Either way - it doesn't make a difference to me - you have to do what's right for you.

Lastly, I hurt myself by running in bad shoes. I continue to run in a modified fashion with brand new shoes because I enjoy running and like being active. Her reaction? I'm told I am "addicted" to exercise.

Grrrrr... she just e-mailed me to let me know she wasn't going to finish her half slice of key lime pie. Really?!?!

Thanks for letting me vent.

I eat well and I am good shape. I watch what I eat, but I don't deny myself if I really want something. I lift weights, I run, and generally keep active.

I can't stand it when people look at what I eat and what I do and judge themselves by me/or judge me.

If I order a salad, a friend feels guilty and wants to change her order from a french dip sandwich to a salad. Honestly? I don't care what you eat. I'm not trying to influence what other people eat. Stop making me feel uncomfortable by watching what I eat.

If I'm eating a sandwich, she's watching ever bite and notices whether or not I can finish a half or a whole sandwhich and them mimicks the same. But after 2 minutes of leaving half the sandwhich on the plate, "justifies" wanting to eat the other half because she didn't have breakfast. Again - I don't care what you eat. You don't need to give me a reason for eating. If you're hungry - eat! Either way - it doesn't make a difference to me - you have to do what's right for you.

Lastly, I hurt myself by running in bad shoes. I continue to run in a modified fashion with brand new shoes because I enjoy running and like being active. Her reaction? I'm told I am "addicted" to exercise.

Grrrrr... she just e-mailed me to let me know she wasn't going to finish her half slice of key lime pie. Really?!?!

Thanks for letting me vent.

Oh yeah I have experienced that with a few friends too. I know how it feels when you are around someone you feel makes constant comparisons, or gives you what I like to call, the "Manhattan Once Over" lol.

For me it's more like mimicking the way I dress, or do my hair, but one girl used to follow me around at the gym and do EVERY SINGLE exercise I did. She came for about TWO WEEKS and would always say how much of a better work out she was getting than me...I was like "alright, you are my super hero" like whats with that?? At first it is a little flattering but then it becomes "single white female" scary! To me it doesn't feel like real friendship so I usually stop hanging out with those types of insecure people. Friendship isn't a compeition but some girls don't know any other way to be with other women.

Oh, but just to let YOU know, I'm only going to drink HALF of my juice box ;).

Later

It's irritating. Usually, it's spouses that give you this kind of grief. Just remember that imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Hi,

I know you don't care what other people do, but here is my story. I have a friend who is gorgeous, beautiful body, and she cares very much about what she eats; eats very little. Everytime we go out, I feel like a pig because that's the way she sees it if you eat more than her, so I watch what I eat when we are together, but not to that extreme. The other day we went to an ice cream parlor with a couple of friends and her, and the girls ordered their sundaes with hot fudge, and obviously finished it all. My skinny friend was making this face and was giving me these eyes like telling me that she was disgusted because they were eating with gusto, so I know that I do right by controlling my food intake when I'm with her. But everytime I talk about eating healthier, she says I'm perfect, and I don't need to lose any weight.:D