Inguinal Hernia Repair... and Working Out???

i am going to consult my doctor about this, but was looking for anyone with experience with something similar.

almost 3 weeks ago, i had a hernia repair done. it absolutely sucks btw. anyways, i went through a breakup with a gf, and i am eager to get my mind back into physical activities and off her. my question is, how long is it typically safe to return to working out (free weights & stuff) after a hernia repair. i don't intend to do super power workouts and stuff, but just need to get back into the the routine. i also enjoy alot of biking, and i expect i will beable to bike before weights.

also... any idea on how long it takes to be considered fully recovered from a hernia repair?

• 2 weeks later...

for a laproscopic abdominal procedure, it usually runs 3 months with no strenuous abdominal activity. You can do cardio no problem but nothing that touches the stomach muscles.

As usual, the best person to ask is your doctor to be sure. Give his office a call or send him an email if you have his address.

It definitely takes some time for a complete healing, otherwise you could end up with another hernia. Talk to your doctor about this one. Don't even think about lifting weights for a while. Follow your doctors orders closely. Operations are expensive.