Okay, maybe I'm being a bit dramatic, but as you can see, I am pms-ing, and even though this has been happening every month for 18 years, I'm still not used to it.

I get very bad PMS symptoms; the physical stuff I can deal with, it's just uncomfortable, but emotionally, I become a complete wreck! I cry, I get depressed, I get upset about everything.

Right now, I feel really sad and missing my ex. When, a mere three days ago, I happy and feeling good about everything. I really want to call him right now, but I know in another three days, I'll be fine and dandy.

Men: you have it good. I can't wait for menopause.

I wish I could give you some chocolate ice cream over the internet.

What I find weird about pms is how "real" the emotions can feel. I'll be down, I'll know I'm pmsing, but I'll still try to figure out other "real" reasons for why I'm feeling emotional.

No calling the ex ok PG? Just hand with us, it'll all be over soon.

Prodigal Princess
We can't wait for you all to get menopause either. ;)

:laugh:

Panda, I couldn't agree more. I've had the curse for about 15 years now and it's still a bit of a shock when it appears every month. The oddest thing is that even though you know you are just "PMS-ing", you still cannot help the way you feel. Sadly, understanding the reason behind why you're overemotional doesn't stop you being overemotional.

The only good thing about my period is that once the melancholy leaves, I get super, super horny for a few days. Then The Bunny gets to come out for a play. :cool:

:laugh:

The only good thing about my period is that once the melancholy leaves, I get super, super horny for a few days. Then The Bunny gets to come out for a play. :cool:

Ooh! And I have the best orgasms right at that time of the months.

May I suggest some self-stimulation PG? The serotonin hence released could help with your symptoms. It's all medically proven.

You can't wait for menopause??????

then OVER all this.. you will get those freaken hot flashes that will wake you up about 20 times a night.. during the day..

• Author

Yes! That's the thing. The emotions are so real and I'm really convinced that I am sad for reasons unrelated to PMS, then as soon as Aunt Flo comes, I'm like: "OHHH. That's why I was feeling so crappy!"

I'm not calling the ex. Actually, the last time I saw him I was unknowingly on PMS and missing him. Two days later, there comes the period and I felt fine. Gah.

I get incredibly whacky with PMS. I go from depressed to angry to deliriously happy in the course of an hour.

The other day I was PMS'ing and this older woman was behind me in the drive thru line. I was talking on my cell phone and she yelled out her window "get off your phone when you drive idiot". I got so full of rage I got out of my car, walked up to hers and engaged in a meaningless and ridiculous screaming match with her. The rage that overtook me was so intense it scared me. I actually wanted to punch her!

I only experience that sort of intensity of emotion 4-5 days leading up to my period.

My ex husband used to avoid me during those days, lol. I'd say something super snappish or freak out over something dumb and he would just shout "period!!" and take off running...lol.

I went on the pill - I'm not even involved with anyone but I was having bad breakouts and the derm thought it would help (and it has) and no period all summer (I'm on a monophasic and I just skip the inactives) and no pms- only side effect - bigger boobs, which is a good thing in my case!

Prodigal Princess
I think it's a bit over the top to say it ruins lives. But I will say that it's probably never made anyone's life better.

Well obviously pandagirl is feeling a bit "over the top" right now. However I would still agree with her - I've had friend's relationships ruined by an accumulation of PMS-based behaviour/arguments. It does have a significant impact on some people's lives and could potentially alter the course of one's life for the worse.

Well, maybe she should try to be more rational about stuff.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

there is no rationality or logical thought processes streaming consistently during these times for some women. Hormones punch logic and rationality in the face during these phases. I have a friend who becomes "crazy on steroids" for 4-5 days each month. For her it's incessant crying. She once jumped on the hood of my car as i was trying to leave her place because she'd thrown a tantrum because I didn't get a dinner reservation at the restaurant she wanted. CRAZY- and then it's back to normal for 3 weeks.

I have the ability to control my responses... but not the feelings.

Often, it's a huge fight with yourself to keep things in check. tears? More difficult to control- they can happen prtty randomly during those days.

It's not fun to deal with.:eek:

Ahhhh, yes! PMS!! I get so emotional crazy and paranoid. Luckily I can recongnize when these emotions start to take control and fight my response to them. I feel bad for my husband, he get's the worst of it. I am such a cry baby when I am PMSing, I will even cry during a commercial.

I have learned to give my H fair warning a few days before this starts, I think he appreciates it.

Well, maybe she should try to be more rational about stuff.

You could be a pms mentor. Sadly, you're not even dating to help at least one woman through with her pms. She would definitely go off on you if you made that comment and it would help her release all that hormonal pent up anger.

Men have cycles too but are socialized to suppress their emotions. You can ask my wife what it's like to live with a guy who wasn't socialized that way. Monday, which happened to be MC day, was one of "those" days. Not pretty :D

I understand only too well the value of chocolate ;)

I have read that alot of women who are bad PMS suffers, it has alot to do with certain food choices, and lack of zinc and magnesium too. I also read dairy products can wreak havoc on PMS too. A few foods that help with PMS are:

Apples

Flax Seeds

Sunflower seeds

Beans

Olives

Oats

Soybeans

Some herbal teas are good too.

GrnEyedGemini

I have always had really bad PMS. When I lived at home with my parents, they would know when I was PMSing cuz I would turn into such a complete b!tch! Lol, my dad would make fun of me, and of course make it worse, by saying "Uh OH! The B!tch Switch has been activated!" Lol

I am also very, very emotional. And sometimes, I can't decide if its the PMS or if its real emotion from something real. Its very confusing. You try to not be crazy, but in all your trying you still come out looking crazy.

I actually talked to my doc a year ago about it because it was really causing problems in my relationship. I really was a horrible b!tch to my bf around that time. My doc prescribed me a different type of birth control pill that is suppose to help fight PMS symptoms...it's Yazmin. It's been great for me. I'm not nearly as b!tchy, yet I am still emotional some months. Its about every three months I am hit with the really bad emotional BS. I mean, I still cry nearly every month because something goes wacko inside me...but its not as bad and it doesn't last as long. And now bf has got it down to a science...he knows when I am about to get the curse and is really sweet and understanding during that time. Not to say I don't still drive him crazy with all the crying, lol. Just can't help it. The slightest little thing can cause the crocodile tears to fall, lol.

I suggset trying Yazmin....it helped me sooo much!

Prodigal Princess
A few foods that help with PMS are:

Apples

Flax Seeds

Sunflower seeds

Beans

Olives

Oats

Soybeans

Some herbal teas are good too.

Um yeah, maybe if you're a vegan tree-hugger. Here's a more practical list:

• chocolate;
  • ice cream;
  • marshmallows;
  • cookies;
  • cake;
  • lollies;
  • chips;
  • pizza; and
  • more chocolate.

Um yeah, maybe if you're a vegan tree-hugger. Here's a more practical list:

• chocolate;
  • ice cream;
  • marshmallows;
  • cookies;
  • cake;
  • lollies;
  • chips;
  • pizza; and
  • more chocolate.

:lmao: I never said I was or anyone else was either. I said I read it, and it wasn't out of a vegan book either. They were suggestions, plus some people like those kinds of things, doesn't mean they are vegan.

But hey chips and cakes it is.:D People have to do whatever works best for them. :D

• Author

Men will never know what PMS feels like.

As suspected, the red river came today. Last night, I cried myself to sleep, feeling really sad and missing my ex. Today, though still a bit irritable, I was out all day having fun with friends from out of town.

Seriously, whoever said I should be more "rational" -- what a joke! Why don't you tell me that again in 28 days and I show you what "rational" is. haha.

For me, I suffered from PMS too, and hated it big time. It was awful.

I played around with my diet for awhile too, because I had heard sometimes the things you eat and can play a role in PMS as well.

I have to say it pretty much worked for me. I didn't do a big lifestyle change or anything, but I did start to eliminate certain foods from my diet especially around PMS time, I did see a difference after doing this for a few months. I elminated some things with sugar and things with high fat content. I still eat those things at times, but not so much around my cycle time. I could tell a difference in my moods and energy level.

I'm sorry pandagirl that you're feeling bad from the PMS, hang in there! :)

Glad you're feeling better Panda. Maybe the reason for pms is that we thereby appreciate it when our flow starts.

The number one item that helps me curb pms symptoms (and cramps): Steak. And anything else that has a lot of iron in it.

I was a vegetarian for awhile and would get crazy pms (as well as mild aenimia which left me fatigued and vulnerable to colds).