I need to have a biopsy

I went to the doctor today, to have my breast lump looked at. And it turns out that it really could be something. I had a manual exam, and an ultrasound. They are not sure about it, and they are worried, and now they want to do a biopsy.

Nobody knows, oh well, my ex knew...but let's not go there. And I don't want to tell anybody offline about it, because it could be nothing and then I would have freaked everyone out without a reason.

Honestly...I am a bit afraid. I mean, this thing is 2cm long and one wide. That's a lot for nothing.

Oh, well. No time for pity. Not yet.

Rant over.

whichwayisup

I'm sending you tons of good thoughts and energy NM.

Please think about telling a friend or someone in your family that way you have someone with you at your appointment.

Hugs and thinking of you too.

NM - chances are HIGHLY probable that it is just a cyst, or other type of benign lump. I know you are thinking the worst right now, but don't get there. No point of stressing over the unknown.

FWIW, my breasts are totally filled with cysts. Closer to my period, I have one in my right boob that feels like a huge walnut. I've also had them aspirated, and nothing came out.

So, good that they are being cautious, but I am sure you are FINE. :)

• Author

Thank you. I appreciate it.

JB: I've had it for some months now. And it grows. I try to ignore it until the appointment. But it's not that easy.

Breath in. Breath out. Repeat.

Trialbyfire

Nvm, no need to worry about it too much. More often than not, it is benign and even if it isn't, modern medicine has advanced so much with breast cancer than most women come through it with flying colours.

My mother had breast cancer. They didn't even have to take the entire breast, only a small part of it. They got it all so she's never shown any more signs within her body, even though she still gets annual checkups. She did have to have irradiation therapy but that only lasted for a short while.

She's happy, healthy and flourishing and so is her golf game!! :)

Thank you. I appreciate it.

JB: I've had it for some months now. And it grows. I try to ignore it until the appointment. But it's not that easy.

Breath in. Breath out. Repeat.

Is it painful? The lump?

• Author

Thank you for your support. The appointment is in roughly two weeks, and I'll post the result when I have it.

You're all right. It doesn't have to be anything, and even if it does...than that is not a death sentence.

@Johan: I don't think you can just ask for a biopsy, (of what btw?). But it's a cute idea. We could be biopsy buddies. j/k

Thank you. I really appreciate it. You help me a lot.

You will be fine NM!!!!!!!!! I just know it!

Keep us informed and please try not to panic, I had this scare a while ago and it turned out to be nothing to worry about at all

sunshinegirl

(((hugs)))

My thoughts are with you, NM!! Like others said, it is probably going to turn out fine. But it's definitely hard not to worry in the meantime.

Anything we can do to help apart from give you lots of cyber-love? (that sounds kinky but it's not meant to!)

:bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

I know how easy it is to jump the gun and draw all sorts of terrible conclusions. I was somewhat in your shoes a few months ago, in a way I still am, but it all turned out OK, thus far anyway.

You need someone to help you through with this...a good friend, a family member. See if you can't lean on someone special for support.

Of course, you have all of us and all the positive energy and thinking that we can possibly send your way. I am sure with everyone wishing you the best, it will all turn out just fine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Author

The results came yesterday (it's early morning here)...and they are great. It's a huge fibroadenoma. I will have surgery in octobre.

All is well. I feel good. Not euphoric. But at peace. :)

Thank you for your support! You helped me more than I can say.

*bows*

The results came yesterday (it's early morning here)...and they are great. It's a huge fibroadenoma. I will have surgery in octobre.

All is well. I feel good. Not euphoric. But at peace. :)

Thank you for your support! You helped me more than I can say.

*bows*

I'm glad for you, Nevermind.

Glad.

I nearly cried when I saw the title of this thread and your name under it NM (you posted while I was on vacation)

I'm so relieved to hear it's not too serious!

big hugs and take good care of yourself nm!