Why is it so hard? I can not look in the mirror

charleygirl

well I am 24 years old and my weight is out of control. I have always been on the big side but never like i am right now. it so bad that I have dark spot on my face and all over my body because i am over weight. i have always been able to look in the mirror and love my face until recently. With all this in mind why is it so hard for me to stop eating bad and change things for ther better. am I the only one doing this to myself

You get dark spots on your skin when you put on weight?

I wonder if something's happened lately that's resulted in a change in your routine. Have you identified anything that tends to trigger episodes of over-eating? Have the people close to you commented on your change in weight at all?

AriaIncognito

You're not the only one that feels this way. Many of us with weight problems know that we can change it, but there's some sort of emotional reason we are eating, it's not usually out of need to eat. Else, we are eating all the wrong things, and know that, but don't change it.

I think losing weight is like quitting smoking. You'll shed the weight when you're finally ready to make a change in your life. Otherwise, it's fruitless to make yourself. Once you decide you want to do it, you'll do it.

So now, it's a matter of you somehow telling/convincing yourself that now is finally the time to do something about it.