Dangerous Hangover? H.E.L.P. me...

I'm worried about myself. Please help.

I went out last night for a friend's birthday and drank way, way too much. 2 years ago I would have been able to have that much to drink and just been tired the next day.

But in recent months I've been treating my body like a temple: eating clean, exercising, and only having the occasional glass of wine with a nice dinner. In other words, my body has forgotten what vodka is, and specifically, what shots are.

This morning, I woke up to a spinning room, a wicked headache, an extreme nausea. Now I can barely go 15 minutes without puking up bile. :sick: (Sorry for the graphic detail.) I've tried to keep down water, diet soda, and a blueberry muffin...but it has all come back up within 10 minutes. I've tried laying down entirely (on my back and on my side), and slouching deeply in my chair-and-a-half. No position makes me comfortable. Any slight movement makes me sick.

I don't know what to do... :(

Oh SG :(, this happened to me last weekend after my hen party. I drank too much on an empty stomach, and had the same hangover, so I sympathise with you so much! I feel your pain.

I get AWFUL hangovers if I have too much to drink, and I have tried EVERYTHING to make them better, and the best thing has been prevention! I also get terrible migraines occasionally and they are very similar in nature.

The second best thing is just to ride it out...sorry...it WILL get better..... most of the time I can't even keep down painkillers, but I just keep drinking water or peppermint or ginger tea so I at least have something to vomit up.

Put a wet facecloth in the freezer for a few minutes to cool it down and put it on your forehead, and sometimes rubbing something like peppermint or lavendar oil on your temples helps.

When it finally passes, I take the strongest painkillers I can, and eat something substantial- whatever you feel like.

I hope you feel better soon. xxxx

PS I usually find the foetal position in a dark room is the best. :o

Even though you feel like you want to die- its obvious your alcohol tolerance is low, which is a good thing really, because if you DIDN'T feel this sh*t after such big sessions, you might have them more often.

Getting such bad hangovers definitely discourages me from drinking alot or having big binges often.

When I was vomiting last weekend my godsons father was telling him to go and yell through the door "sb129 blowing chunks?" which he did...:laugh: (he is 2.5)..... at least you don't have that to deal with!!!

Maybe for a day or two- believe it or not...

Just sleep. Advil helps a bit.... if you can keep it down.

A good sleep is the only thing that will get rid of it though!

Lol- what was the big occasion?

I've found that loud heavy metal, a shot of tequila and a date to the amusement park is the best cure for a bad hangover.

• Author
I've found that loud heavy metal, a shot of tequila and a date to the amusement park is the best cure for a bad hangover.

Just reading that made me gag. :sick:

lay flat on the floor and put elevate your feet up to 90 degrees. For some reason this stops the nausea.

Milk really helps a lot, that and asprin and rest. Then when you feel less nautious start drinking a lot of water. I only get that way from drinking Tequila so I have to avoid it!

Just a friend's birthday... :o

Your birthday? If so, happy belated birthday! :D

It seems like you have alcohol poisoning. Do see a doctor.

I would suggest drinking water with electrolytes if you are not keeping things in your stomach. Pure water can actually dehydrate while water with vitamins and electrolytes can help you for awhile before you puke. :sick::sick::sick: At least something got absorbed.

Whole milk, cheese or fried foods will line the stomach with fat which will make it harder for the alcohol to absorb into the bloodstream. It will really make you feel better.

Take some vitamin B

The only thing that works for me with hangovers is having good old bacon and eggs...

but you cant hold anything down so........

Wow its been a while since ive had a hangover like yours...... Your liver is trying to detox, but at the same time you are massively dehydrated. So you need to pump some water into you..

How about cups of tea? Could you hold that down?

Remain in the foetal position for several hours. You may wish you were dead, but in time, you'll be just fine.

Just reading that made me gag. :sick:

lol sorry about that. Hope you're feeling better today!

I remember being hungover for 2 days after my 21st. The worst part was that it felt like my heart was just going to stop beating at any second.

• Author
Good advice re: electrolytes. Powerade should do the trick. How are you feeling today SG?

Much better. I finally got down a little sandwich around 7 p.m. Remaining completely still on the couch is what got me through. :laugh:

I'm so NEVER drinking like that again... at least not on an empty tummy. :sick:

• 2 weeks later...

Not that I advocate getting sick like that to begin with, but there is a wonder drug that's been out for years that does wonders for pain, nausea, vomiting, and diahrrea. Opiate type drugs alleviate all these symptoms. Unfortunately, most Dr's won't prescribe them at all because of abuse. If you ever get a prescription for Tylenol-3, save the extras and put them in the freezer for a rainy day. They will serve you well in a time of need like this. They do great at curing a bad case of stomach flu as well. For stomach problems, the liquid form is best tolerated. If you can try your best to keep one down, it starts quelling the nausea pretty quickly.

Not that I advocate getting sick like that to begin with, but there is a wonder drug that's been out for years that does wonders for pain, nausea, vomiting, and diahrrea. Opiate type drugs alleviate all these symptoms. Unfortunately, most Dr's won't prescribe them at all because of abuse. If you ever get a prescription for Tylenol-3, save the extras and put them in the freezer for a rainy day. They will serve you well in a time of need like this. They do great at curing a bad case of stomach flu as well. For stomach problems, the liquid form is best tolerated. If you can try your best to keep one down, it starts quelling the nausea pretty quickly.

Actually, opiate drugs are well-known to cause nausea and vomiting.

My hangover cure is a can of tomato juice and 2 ibuprofen washed back with plenty of water. Tomato juice and tomato soup are great for hangovers because of the antioxidants.

Prodigal Princess

Oh, poor Star! Glad you've weathered the storm.

Just be thankful you didn't have to front up to work. Last Friday I was so hungover that on my way into work I had to puke into my handbag on the bus. Classy! I made it to my desk, then went straight to the disabled toilet, locked the door, turned off the light and lay on the cold tiles shuddering and occasionaly throwing up for then next 3 hours. Then I ate some Maccas and I was right as rain. Lucky for that because I had to give a presentation to clients that afternoon. Idiot.

Last Friday I was so hungover that on my way into work I had to puke into my handbag on the bus.

Oh, I just love you PP. Your tidbits are priceless.

Star, now that it is all over, WHAT did you drink?

Actually, opiate drugs are well-known to cause nausea and vomiting.

If you take too much or are sensitive to it, yes. For me at least, it helps immensely when I have the stomach flu. YMMV. I haven't been more than mildly ill from drinking in many many years.