Anyone ever had one? I think I might. I've never had one before, but yesterday I started to feel like I have to constantly pee. I go to the bathroom but I still feel like my bladder is full. It's so uncomfortable. Is there anything I can take over the counter to treat this? I'll have to wait until tomorrow to make a doctor's appointment but I'm going crazy right now!

Do you feel pain?

You need to drink a lot, stay warm. Do you have a thermacare or anything similar? A hot water bottle, if you have it, works wonders, too.

You need to drink a bunch of cranberry juice for a day or so till you get to the Dr.

Yes, but it has to be a certain kind, the kind that is not diluted and has no added sugar. You may only be able to get it at a healthfood store.

Yes, but it has to be a certain kind, the kind that is not diluted and has no added sugar. You may only be able to get it at a healthfood store.

your right... as long as it doesn't contain fructose syrup (sugar)..they have those is several brands now at grocery stores..

Edited by Art_Critic
corazoncito

Ugh, I feel your pain. UTIs suck and they always hit you when you can't get to a doctor right away!

The most important thing is to drink tons of water to keep flushing the bacteria out.

There is a medication you can buy OTC from a drug store that is supposed to help with UTI pain. It's called pyridium (ask the pharmacist if you don't see it in the aisles). Just be warned that it will turn your urine bright orange/red. I don't feel like it's ever helped me much, but some people swear by it.

I found that I feel the least discomfort when I have a UTI when my bladder is mostly full and I am walking around. Sitting down with an empty bladder drives me crazy for some reason.

I hope you feel better soon!

• Author
Do you feel pain?

You need to drink a lot, stay warm. Do you have a thermacare or anything similar? A hot water bottle, if you have it, works wonders, too.

I feel pain in my bladder. It feels like it's full and I have to go so badly. It doesn't hurt when I urinate, I just have a strong discomfort like if I don't get to the bathroom soon, I'm gonna pee my pants :o But when I do go I don't pee a lot and I still have that full bladder feeling :(

justpassingthrough

Be very careful. UTIs quickly become bladder infections and bladder quickly become kidney infections.

Cranberry juice (as recommended above) is a must. So is plenty of water. If you get a fever, go straight to your doctor.

It drives me up a wall when people come to Internet message boards for medical diagnosis and treatment information. That's the most dangerous thing any human being that cares about living longer could possibly do. We are not physicians and have no way of examining people or giving them the proper tests.

Please see a competent medical doctor as soon as possible. Bladder and kidney infections as well as kidney stones and other diseases can have these same or similar symptoms. It's also different for women than it is for men.

If you cannot afford a doctor visit, there are many free clinics and health departments in cities to help. Don't take chances...and, as well meaning as people here are and with a great desire to help you...again, there is no human way they can tell you definitively what your problem is.

• Author
It drives me up a wall when people come to Internet message boards for medical diagnosis and treatment information. That's the most dangerous thing any human being that cares about living longer could possibly do. We are not physicians and have no way of examining people or giving them the proper tests.

Please see a competent medical doctor as soon as possible. Bladder and kidney infections as well as kidney stones and other diseases can have these same or similar symptoms. It's also different for women than it is for men.

If you cannot afford a doctor visit, there are many free clinics and health departments in cities to help. Don't take chances...and, as well meaning as people here are and with a great desire to help you...again, there is no human way they can tell you definitively what your problem is.

I do plan on going to my doctor tomorrow. They are not open on Sunday's. I have never had a UTI before and was just seeking advice on how to alleviate the pain and discomfort until I can get to a MD. But thanks for your 'concern'.

I do plan on going to my doctor tomorrow. They are not open on Sunday's. I have never had a UTI before and was just seeking advice on how to alleviate the pain and discomfort until I can get to a MD. But thanks for your 'concern'.

I'm not a doctor but from my experience, any cranberry juice like Oceanspray will work. Drink a lot of it and take an asprin it will do more good than anything your doctor will prescribe.

Keep in my most women get this when their SO has cheated on them and brings back 'her' germs and bacteria inside of you. Just a thought for you to consider bec. that was the case with me in the past and a clue if he'd been sleeping around.

Edited by Fun2BMe
  • Author

Well, the money is not a problem, it's just that the doctor's offices aren't open on the weekends. I am calling first thing in the morning to get an appointment with my doctor. I've just never had a UTI before and I've been in agony since Saturday morning and was really hoping I could do something at home to alleviate the pain until I can get in at the doctor. I've been drinking a lot of water (don't really like cranberry juice) and right now the pain has subsided quite a bit.

Just a comment...while we are not doctors and I do not recommend accepting info here without checking with a doctor, I find it helpful to ask medical questions on forums such as these as a way of either alleviating anxiety or confirming my suspicions. Many times such feedback as reassured me, and the feedback was proven correct after seeing a doctor.

People do have similar problems and from those experiences, we can help each other. The obvious point of course is that we do so based on the information given.

As long as you proceed with seeing a doctor, the information here can focus your mind and keep it from imagining the wildest possibilities.

I know you said you don't like Cranberry juice, but it really, really helps. They have cranberry pills that are supposed to do the same thing but I haven't tried it. Of course, you're already going to the doctor so it should be all good after the meds. Don't delay though because bladder/kidney pain is a bad sign.

A friend of mine had a UTI and then began to feel sick. The UTI had turned into a kidney infection and she ended up needing to go to the ER.

justpassingthrough
Keep in my most women get this when their SO has cheated on them and brings back 'her' germs and bacteria inside of you. Just a thought for you to consider bec. that was the case with me in the past and a clue if he'd been sleeping around.

Really? I've never heard of that and I've had a few UTIs. The worst was because I bought these scrumptious coffee beans, ground them up, and drank it all over the course of a few days. Monday I felt pressure in the bladder area and I tried the standard cranberry juice/water relief but it moved and by Thursday I had a full on kidney infection. It's nothing to play around with.

Oh, and OP, one bit of advice I will offer up is that you should try very hard to empty your bladder completely and get the bad stuff out.

These things hurt. Sure, they're also a medical problem, but they really do hurt. I wish you the best.