Question about my calorie intake : I'm 5'1 and my wt fluctuates from 105-110 Lbs

Hey Everyone,

So as my title says I'm 5'1 and between 105-110. Most days I am about 108. I just started working out again yesterday and have worked out for about 1 hour and 15 min last nite and tonite. I'm wondering how many calories I would need to consume daily in order for me to become 95 or 100 Lbs. I have lost weight in the past with ineffective eating, and namely that consisted of eating the same type of foods everyday. The following is is an example of my eating patterns.

Breakfast - Instant Oatmeal

Lunch - 6" Turkey Sandwich fr. Subway w/ Baked BBQ Lays chips with 1 oatmeal cookie.. Sometimes 3 cookies

Dinner - 6" Turkey Sandwich again, with the same chips.

[i ate this way for about a year, then I voluntarily decided to add a variety to my diet. And by doing this, I became lethargic all the time and had no motivation to exercise. Eating well and exercise for me has to both be on point. It's not just one or the other.

When I was eating whatever I wanted [basically, having a non-restrictive diet], I still maintained my weight at 110 but I wasn't exercising. I hated being 110. That's not fat to me, but I personally think I look horrible at this weight. Back on point. As I said earlier, my non-restrictive eating habits have been this way for 3 to 4 months up until yesterday. I currently eat a meal plan similar to the one that I mentioned above. [side note: with the oatmeal, I now eat it with a Banana and an apple]

I remember being so happy and healthier mentally and physically [not according to me, but to my family and friends] when I got to eat what I wanted [which was 3 days ago] because I felt so free. I still feel happy but I'm not happy anymore when I think about lunch or dinner. It's just the same old sh.it that I have to force myself to eat. But on the flipside, when I did eat whatever I wanted, I feel like a slob who had jiggles and was someone who really wasn't happy with her weight.Now I feel that the sacrifice is worth it, and besides.. I don't need to eat those greasy chips, that slice of pound cake, or that reese's peanut butter cup. I don't need any of those things, though I know that would make me happy, emotionally. But that's just a temporary fix. I also have a problem w/ binge eating too, but I am working hard on this. It's amazing that I'm eating more fruits.. like I mentioned, I eat a banana and an apple w/ my oatmeal daily]. This is the first time I've eaten an apple or a banana voluntarily in YEARS!

So without making this any posting any more long-winded, how many calories do I need to be at 100 or 95 Lbs? Please don't say that I'm anorexic. I love to eat and I couldn't ever think of skipping a meal. I do realize that I AM robbing my body of essential nutrients in order to function properly. That's why I need some help in making good food choices. I want to make sensible eating choices as well as be the thinner me again. When I used to work out hard and stuck to my old eating plan, the lowest I weighed was 105. And that stuck for a couple of years. Anyway, someone please give me some info. Thank you :-)

Edited by dvsxx6
shadowofman

I'm not a fan of the calorie counting. It depends on the types of foods you eat. Lean Protein actually costs more calories to digest than it provides your body in return, so counting those calories toward some daily goal is irrelevant. Protein is your best tool for weight loss. Lay off the high glycemic carbs like grains and tubers and beans. These shock your pancreas to fast causing it to over produce insulin, which in turn with cause you to store more energy as fat. Eat low glycemic carbs like fruits and veggies. If you are exercising, you will need a good supply of sugars and more calories than normally, but you just need to observe your own metabolism in this respect. You should never let yourselve get hungry, and you should be very mindful of you blood sugar while your exercising. DON'T PASS OUT trying to restrict calorie intake when you should be fueling your fat burning metabolism.

• Author

thanks ShadowOfMan for your reply. Protein really does play a huuge role in weight loss and for me, it's just the matter of finding what foods contain a high amount of protein. Since starting this thread, [3 days ago], I have realized that my mood and personality has changed significantly [in a bad way] because I was restricting myself entirely of essential nutrients and fats. I have since allowed myself to eat pretty much anything I want just as long as it is not greasy/fried/contains a lot of sugar or is starch based/lots of carbs, etc. I guess I'm just trying to find that balance right now

Anyway, I will figure somethin out. As long as there is exercise incorporated within my diet plan, I shouldn't have to worry too much. But at the same time, sometimes I don't have time to work out and I will have to rely on eating to regulate or maintain my weight.

Thanks again for your reply and take care!

XOXO

*DvS*

shadowofman

The way I see it, you only really need to workout to maintain good heart and lung health. Obviously, if you want to get ripped, you need some weight training. Living and walking is really all a human needs to keep healthy. And if your goal is to drop some extra padding, diet is the only way.

The best protein for you to get your metabolism working in your favor is lean turkey. Next would fish. Make sure you are getting a good ratio of Omega3-Omega6 fats, and fatty fish is a great source. Then again, fish is a concern these days because of mercury pollution. If your concerned at all about that, then eat you some turkey and take some Omega3 supplements. Or eat more raw olive oil or avocados.

The ideal ratio of intake for healthy diet is 1/3 protein, 1/3 fat, and 1/3 carb. To loose weight, increase the protein and decrease the carbs.

And never let yourself get hungry. You metabolism enters "starvation mode", and you begin to store energy as fat for later, what it assumes maybe harder times.