My 10 Day Master Cleanse Diary...

LOVE DAISIES

I have done a ton of research on the Master Cleanse, and started it today. If any of you are familiar with it...it is a/k/a the "Lemonade Diet"...even though I am NOT doing this as a weight loss regimine.I am strictly using this as a "detoxifying" method.

I am sure I will get a lot of naysayers on fasts or "detox" programs like this one. However I figure it's my body and if I feel it is truly hurting me,I should know better than anyone else.

So..I started this "detox" today. So far I feel really really good!!!

I have occasional hunger pangs..but after drinking another glass

of "lemonade" it went away. I also tried the salt water flush...and it

DOES work. Sorry for TMI.....but if anyone ever has constipation problems..mix a teaspoon of uniodized sea salt with a quart of water..

(I know it's gross) but it will flush you out!!I have never tried this method before BTW.I would ALSO suggest doing it at night before bed....so you're at least close to a bathroom. I haven't had to resort to drinking any laxative tea yet...but I have it handy just in case. :)

For the sake of " stats"..I also weighed myself this morning.

I am currently at 125 lbs...and I am 5'4.

But again, I'm really not doing this to lose weight.

I'll keep track of my progress every day, and if I feel I can't stay on it, I

will post that as well!!! :)

For the sake of " stats"..I also weighed myself this morning.

I am currently at 125 lbs...and I am 5'4.

But again, I'm really not doing this to lose weight.

I'll keep track of my progress every day, and if I feel I can't stay on it, I

will post that as well!!! :)

You're the same weight and height as me, so I'll be interested to hear how you get on - bearing in mind that you're bound to lose some weight on this, provided you stick to it.

I've never done anything as stringent as this one sounds, but I've done the occasional 4-5 day fruit and vegetable juice fast. I've always found that the headaches don't last for very long...and even by the second day you can start seeing results in terms of improved complexion and just a general healthy feel.

When I've done stuff like that, I've made sure I gradually break into and out of it. Avoiding coffee and dairy products a few days in advance, and a few days after. Also, nothing too strenuous, exercise-wise, during it.

I wish you'd posted this a few days before; I've been planning on doing a detox for a while, and it would be good to have a detox buddy to compare notes with. I'll be interested to hear how you feel on it.

• Author
LOVE DAISIES

Hiya Tara..thanks.

I am going to keep my progress up to date....most likely in the evenings

when I have time. I decided to start today because it was my day off, and I thought it best to start on a day where my activity level was not so

strenuous. I am normally really grumpy and irritable when I don't eat for an extended period....but I feel GREAT. I think the syrup has just enough sugar and calories so my sugar levels doesn't dip too much....and they say if you're feeling hungry just drink more lemonade. It seems to be working. So far I've had three glasses.

Let me know if/when you want to start...I think it would be fun to compare notes!!

Let me know if/when you want to start...I think it would be fun to compare notes!!

Okay. I think I'll start on Thursday. It'll be a tough day, as I'll be at work - but it's close enough to the weekend for it to be tolerable, and it'll give me a couple of days to get off the caffeine. Plus you'll be a few days into it, and hearing how you're getting on might motivate me.

Good luck for the next few days!

• Author
LOVE DAISIES

Well...almost the end!!! I have not eaten anything all day, and I feel

really really good!. I expected to be sluggish, but I drank about 5 glasses of lemonade today, which kept my hunger pangs at bay. My roomate is home eating dinner right now, so smelling the food doesn't help.:sick:

I have pretty strong willpower though so I really think I can stick to this.

I am looking for all the "symptoms" of this fast to begin showing...ie, a coated tongue etc... Not sure before those start happening. Guess we'll see.

I also pre bottled all my drinks for work tomorrow so I will be able to

drink them there. I'm not telling anyone aside from my roomate what I am doing though. I see no reason to, unless they ask of course. :)

So...in short, today was pretty good. Not as bad as I expected. I just hope the next nine days are as easy!!

• Author
LOVE DAISIES

Well....today was a bit harder than yesterday. I had to work..but I DID

take my bottles of lemonade with me, so I didn't cheat.

I am doing this thing to a T. I have not had a soda since Sunday, and

today I have a really bad headache. I read during my research that this is VERY common in the first few days. Especially for heavy soda or coffee

drinkers. I took two Advil, and it's finally going away. I'm a bit fatigued too...but I expected to feel this way for a few days.

On the plus side though...I tried on a pair of pants that have been tight on me for months..and they slid right on. :) I know it's just water weight....but I'll take whatever I can get. LOL

And..I weighed myself. I'm at 123.4

From 125 yesterday. :):bunny:

I thought you weren't doing this to lose weight? It sounds as though you may be.

Regarding the diet: I tried it myself a few years back; it lasted two days. I hope you stick it out! I'm interested to read about your final results in 8 more days!

• Author
LOVE DAISIES

Hi SOS....

I'm not doing this to lose weight...but I admit being able to fit into once tight fitting pants DID bring some satisfaction to my face..even if it IS short lived!! :)

Well..I am on day 3....and doing much better than yesterday. A bit of the

"fog" is lifting...no more headache either!! That was a killer!

I think next time I try this, I will do it during a vacation or something.

It just makes more sense considering all the physical and mental changes you go through. I have to say though, that I am pretty amazed I have gone this long. But I am making it through.

As long as I am constantly keeping my sugar levels up with the lemonade and staying hydrated I feel great. Water is SOOO important while doing this!!! But the TRUE test, is I am going to dinner with some people tonight...this was already planned in advance, so I kind of have to go. I did tell them (reluctantly) that I am on this "detox". So they

know I won't be eating while there. I just hope they don't think I'm a quack for doing it. LOL.

At this point, for ME, there's no turning back. I have made it this far, and lived to tell about it....so I know I can do it..if for nothing else, but to say I did it and either loved it, or hated it.

I also am showing tell tale signs of the detox. My tongue is coated a little..and supposedly once the tongue is pink again...it's a good sign.

So....I'm going to try making it through dinner without stealing food off anyone's plate... lol!! :)

Edited by LOVE DAISIES
  • Author
LOVE DAISIES

For anyone trying this cleanse..or thinking about it, I figured out a way to make the "lemonade" taste a little better is to blend it with ice....and turn it into a "smoothie". The texture is just nicer than gulping it down as it is..and you don't taste the Cayenne pepper quite as much...Just a tip :)

• Author
LOVE DAISIES

I realized I've actually been on this detox for more like 4 1/2 days..

last time I ate "real" food was Sunday afternoon at around 2:00. Anyway...that's irrelevant I suppose.

Today I woke up feeling GREAT!! I have been sleeping really good as well.

I did my saline cleanse...and I even worked out for about a 1/2 hour, then I worked until 8:00. Got home and had another lemonade.

On the physical side..I weighed myself this morning and am at 120 lbs.

My skin looks a lot clearer too. My tongue now has that "coating" I have read about. It should clear up and be pink at the end of it all.

I can see parts of my body shrinking a bit. My thighs are smaller, and I

no longer have those little chubby rolls that tend to stick out the sides of my jeans :) Yeah I KNOW it's water weight....but the good thing is that I feel great.

I can't believe I have not had ANY soda or caffeine since early Monday morning.I NEVER thought I could get by without caffeine. I wake up

and feel good from the get go.I don't NEED to wait for any caffeine to kick in before I feel human, and to ME that's priceless!! Ifeel SO empowered

to have done this as long as I have.

I'm almost half way there.... so I am going to really focus.

At THIS point, I HIGHLY recommend doing this to anyone who wants to kick any food addictions, like carbs, or caffeine. I won't lie. It's not all smooth sailing.You'll have some rough days in the beginning, but if you can manage to ride it out..it's worth it!!

Stay tuned!!! :)

Malnutrition isn't a diet..

I would suggest you drop this diet before you do some damage to yourself and please seek a Dr's advice if you are having trouble losing weight.

You will quickly regain ALL the weight you are losing by the starvation method and you might also find that your regain MORE weight than you lost.

Periodic fasting can be part of a dietary program. There are studies that show that it can have great beneficial effects. None of which I can list right now, because all my blood has gone to my stomach to digest my excellent post-run meal. With which I'm having some very pleasant red wine (straight from the bottle). So my brain isn't really into details right now.

But just take my word for it.

I am able to state that your body is able to store many of the nutrients that you need in sufficient quantities so that a low-nutrient fast should cause no shortages. It's an evolved response to the possibility of food shortages. But that makes it that much more important to eat right between fasts.

Prolonged fasting, i.e. a hunger strike, and/or eating disorders can have very negative effects. I would discourage those kinds of behaviors.

It was a New Year's resolution of mine to fast for one day each week. I'm going to get started on that, hopefully before the end of the year.

• Author
LOVE DAISIES
Malnutrition isn't a diet..

I would suggest you drop this diet before you do some damage to yourself and please seek a Dr's advice if you are having trouble losing weight.

You will quickly regain ALL the weight you are losing by the starvation method and you might also find that your regain MORE weight than you lost.

Art Critic I understand how it seems like I am "starving" myself..but I assure you, I'm not. Have you ever tried a detox yourself?

I am consuming about 1100-1200 calories a day...granted it's not solid food...I feel strong, alert and healthy. If I thought I were truly hurting myself I would not continue this. Also I am not doing this to lose weight. I am doing this for it's intended purpose...which is a DETOX. The weight loss is a side effect. I post my weight loss so if anyone reading these posts has a general idea of how much weight may be lost if they try it.

I am FULLY aware the weight may or may NOT come back, and that's not an issue because I never considered myself overweight anyway.

But for the record this is my FIFTH day on the detox, and I feel incredible. :)

Thanks for the reply.

A bit of the

"fog" is lifting...no more headache either!! That was a killer!

I think next time I try this, I will do it during a vacation or something.

It just makes more sense considering all the physical and mental changes you go through.

I think the most difficult part was cutting out the caffeine, which ended up giving you the headache and making you feel fatigued. Next time you can cut the caffeine while you are still eating. Then a few days later you can begin the cleanse so that you won't suffer from both the hunger and the caffeine withdrawl on top of it.

I used to fast once a week, then once in 2 or 3 weeks, now just once a month. It gives the body a rest and gets rid of the toxins that don't have a chance to get broken down as more and more is eaten and get priority, so I'm in favor of it. More than 3 days and I"m not sure if you get more benefit or start to break down muscle for fuel, but in your case you're getting energy from the lemonade so this is interesting actually and I'm curious how you'll do... But what's the white coating on the tongue you mentioned?

Also, are you taking vitamins? That would be a good idea.

Edited by Fun2BMe
  • Author
LOVE DAISIES

Hiya F2BME..

In reference to your question...I am not taking vitamins OR supplements, because they said not to.However they did say if you are on medications you should continue those. I am assuming the caoting on my tongue is

the toxins coming out of the body??

Anyway.... I was feeling a little more sluggish today...and realized I was

rather than drinking 10 oz of water I was putting the mixture into 20 oz bottles, so I wasn't using enough!! As soon as I added more, I felt immediately better!! A DUHH moment!!! :)

Tomorrow is day 6!!! I'm almost there!!!!

• Author
LOVE DAISIES

I missed my 6 day update, but it was fairly uneventful. I worked all day, so of course I had to have my supplies with me. I felt a lot hungrier last night than any other day. I am trying to stay hydrated as much as possible and drink more lemonade when I get hungry...otherwise, I'm doing

good. I have been invited out to dinner/ lunch a few times but have taken a rain check, so I can avoid tempation.

I'm proud of myself for coming this far. It is certainly a test of your will power more than anything, so maybe I am not as weak as I thought..:)

Physically I feel good. I feel lighter, and just better. No caffeine WHATSOEVER in 7 days. I am not grumpy, tired OR irritable. ALL things I used to be when I didn't have any for a day!! It's great!!

Counting down the next three days!!! :)

This is great. I couldn't survive a few hours without caffeine unfortunately. The lemonade instead of plain water is a fascinating idea. I can't wait for your final results - if you'll be feeling good at the end. Can you substitute the lemonaid for orange juice or grapefruit if you wanted, mixing it up each day?

• Author
LOVE DAISIES

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! I almost made today my last day, but I did it!!!

I am SOOO proud of myself!!! After tomorrow, I do orange juice

for a day, then OJ and soup and veggies...then regular food.

It will feel good to actually EAT food again!! haha....

After this I'm going to do a three day fast every few months...and a

Master cleance once a year....definetely!!!

• 2 weeks later...
So what happened? How much did you lose?

Yes i'm rather curious myself. What is the end result? I'd love to shed 7 pounds of winter comfort food that has settled around my butt and thighs :mad:

Do share.

• Author
LOVE DAISIES

Hahaha..hi guys!! I actually lost about 7 lbs. I wasn't doing it to lose weight...but I lost those little Love handle thingies..LOL..and eating real food again was AWESOME. I think doing it again will be a lot easier because I know what kind of willpower I have..and I know the benefits ahead of time. I'm thinking of doing it every six months.....