I am 5'6 120 lbs, pretty strong because my job is pretty physical, however I have a couple of areas that need work. Mainly my butt and abs. When I went on my diet I really liked the size of my butt, not too big and not to small but had some celulite that grossed me out and I wanted it gone. This is the problem there... in losing weight I also lost some of what I liked in my butt. How do get that area high and tight again or is it possible at my age (29++++ haha).

The other area my abs... I've lost that weight as well but need to tighten that area. The main problem in the loose skin from having 3 babies, will anything help that short of a tummy tuck?

Thanks in advance, any advice appreciated!

I am 5'6 120 lbs, pretty strong because my job is pretty physical, however I have a couple of areas that need work. Mainly my butt and abs. When I went on my diet I really liked the size of my butt, not too big and not to small but had some celulite that grossed me out and I wanted it gone. This is the problem there... in losing weight I also lost some of what I liked in my butt. How do get that area high and tight again or is it possible at my age (29++++ haha).

The other area my abs... I've lost that weight as well but need to tighten that area. The main problem in the loose skin from having 3 babies, will anything help that short of a tummy tuck?

Thanks in advance, any advice appreciated!

Skin is only so elastic, once you gain and lose weight, some of it will return. If the weight loss was a while ago, you're basically stuck with it (barring surgery). The only other way to possibly solve the problem, is by gaining muscle mass to fill in the loose skin. Might not be an option for your abs, but should work well for your glutes.

Also some supplements will help a tiny bit, but don't expect much.

Overall, humans aren't designed to age (once we reach our peak anyways). Aging is the side effect of free radicals released from the "power source" cells in our body. It's basically waste that breaks down our cellular structure... this causes the effects in our body that we call aging. We do possess a repair system, but over the years, it simply gets overwhelmed. Given enough time, Science will perfect gene-therapies to halt and even reverse this process... we are relatively close too, one guy thinks it'll be in the next 20-30 years.

In the meantime, eat better and exercise regularly. Perfection is a fool's errand, do what you can to feel good about yourself, but no point trying to look like what society tells us is beauty (it's mostly good genetics tbph). Average people can get close, but they have to sacrifice much.

• Author
Skin is only so elastic, once you gain and lose weight, some of it will return. If the weight loss was a while ago, you're basically stuck with it (barring surgery). The only other way to possibly solve the problem, is by gaining muscle mass to fill in the loose skin. Might not be an option for your abs, but should work well for your glutes.

Also some supplements will help a tiny bit, but don't expect much.

Overall, humans aren't designed to age (once we reach our peak anyways). Aging is the side effect of free radicals released from the "power source" cells in our body. It's basically waste that breaks down our cellular structure... this causes the effects in our body that we call aging. We do possess a repair system, but over the years, it simply gets overwhelmed. Given enough time, Science will perfect gene-therapies to halt and even reverse this process... we are relatively close too, one guy thinks it'll be in the next 20-30 years.

In the meantime, eat better and exercise regularly. Perfection is a fool's errand, do what you can to feel good about yourself, but no point trying to look like what society tells us is beauty (it's mostly good genetics tbph). Average people can get close, but they have to sacrifice much.

I might be stuck with what I have as far as the abs because The weight wasn't a whole lot. About 5 years ago I lost 20 lbs then 2 years ago gained 10 back from not moving around a lot at work, changed jobs in October and since November I've lost those 10 lbs and working on losing 1 more, don't laugh, I am just determined to get under 120, could be 119 and 3/4 as long as it's under 120 I am happy. I lost weight not so much because of what society feels is attractive but because of the way it made me feel. I was ALWAYS around 100-110 lbs till about 10 years ago then I went up to 145 and HATED it, I felt really uncomfortable in my own skin but it took so long to lose it then I got disgusted for gaining that 10 back. I like the size I am now, 100 lbs made me look like a crack head but I couldn't gain weight back then.

So how would I bulk up my butt without making it fat? What kinds of excercise without going to the gym, I work nights and sleep days so that's not much of an option for me. Someone told me squats but squats won't work on my butt, only my legs and my legs are strong enough, when they are too strong they look bow-legged so I try to avoid that. Any other excercises that would concentrate on my butt ONLY?

Abs, well I wanted that weight gone because I hate leaning over doing my job and knowing my gutt is hanging over too and driving down the road and feeling fat jiggle ( I have a BIG truck)...... ewwww! And muffin top? I hate the person who came up with that one!

Wish I had the time and money to go to a gym and have a personal trainer! But since I don't I have to do what I can.

I might be stuck with what I have as far as the abs because The weight wasn't a whole lot. About 5 years ago I lost 20 lbs then 2 years ago gained 10 back from not moving around a lot at work, changed jobs in October and since November I've lost those 10 lbs and working on losing 1 more, don't laugh, I am just determined to get under 120, could be 119 and 3/4 as long as it's under 120 I am happy. I lost weight not so much because of what society feels is attractive but because of the way it made me feel. I was ALWAYS around 100-110 lbs till about 10 years ago then I went up to 145 and HATED it, I felt really uncomfortable in my own skin but it took so long to lose it then I got disgusted for gaining that 10 back. I like the size I am now, 100 lbs made me look like a crack head but I couldn't gain weight back then.

So how would I bulk up my butt without making it fat? What kinds of excercise without going to the gym, I work nights and sleep days so that's not much of an option for me. Someone told me squats but squats won't work on my butt, only my legs and my legs are strong enough, when they are too strong they look bow-legged so I try to avoid that. Any other excercises that would concentrate on my butt ONLY?

Abs, well I wanted that weight gone because I hate leaning over doing my job and knowing my gutt is hanging over too and driving down the road and feeling fat jiggle ( I have a BIG truck)...... ewwww! And muffin top? I hate the person who came up with that one!

Wish I had the time and money to go to a gym and have a personal trainer! But since I don't I have to do what I can.

Glute exercises

Check out that link, it goes to bodybuilding.com and lists 3 exercises for glutes with your body-weight alone (no gym access or weights). Browse around the site a little, I could write a book trying to explain all the details. Basically, the exercise will tear the muscle fibers. You need to eat proteins to help them heal up. The scar tissue on the muscle fiber is what makes the muscle increase in size... roughly anyways. It's a lot more complex, but that's the gist of it.

• Author

Glute exercises

Check out that link, it goes to bodybuilding.com and lists 3 exercises for glutes with your body-weight alone (no gym access or weights). Browse around the site a little, I could write a book trying to explain all the details. Basically, the exercise will tear the muscle fibers. You need to eat proteins to help them heal up. The scar tissue on the muscle fiber is what makes the muscle increase in size... roughly anyways. It's a lot more complex, but that's the gist of it.

Hey thanks! I knew about the miuscle tearing and building but didn't know that about protein. Interesting! I will definatly check out that site. I have hand weights but not sure how they would help my target area's.