free bleeding/thin blood

I have a problem with free bleeding. Whether it is a pimple or a simple cut on my finger I will bleed for 15 minutes. The other day I cut my finger and blood was running down my hand and dripping off my fingers before I could get it cleaned up. It was a small cut that was not even very deep. My dad is the same way. I don't know if it is a trait that runs in the family or coincidence. I am wondering if I go to the doctor is there anything that they can do? I know some people take blood thinners when they have clots, just thought there might be something to do the opposite effect. I am just worried I will get into a serious accident and bleed to death before safety arrives.

Citizen Erased

I'd say get it checked out by a doctor. I doubt it's a blood coagulation disorder but better safe then sorry.

I do take daily multivitamins. I looked on the bottle and it does have vitamin e. 30 iu 100% daily.

Well there you go.

StartingOver07

The RDA of vitamin E is not high enough to create bleeding problems.

I'd ask a doctor about it.

The RDA of vitamin E is not high enough to create bleeding problems.

I'd ask a doctor about it.

That's probably true as well. When I was experiencing excessive bleeding (usually during shaving nicks) I was on at least 100 mg of Vitamin E. Although your mileage may vary. I agree, see your doc but let him know about the vitamin E you are taking.