Gotta lose some weight..

Well, acouple years back, i was 6'1 and weighed about 225.. and i lost about 30-40 pounds in a matter of 3 months, by having a graveyard job where i was moving constantly. well now 2 years later i have gained all that weight back i'm 230 and im 6'3 but its not muscle its mostly body fat. and it came from eating fast food EVERY night... my question is, if i do cardio everyday for about 30 minutes and eat ONLY at home, like home made meals and cut out fast food and grease totally. would get down to the weight i want.. wanna be around 205-210 if not less, i know you guys will say thats too skinny for height, but its really hard working out weighing this much, when i was around 179, i felt so good. so my question is doing cardio a day and eating right, i should reach my goal in a few months?

You really should be throwing weights into the mix too.

More muscle = more energy being used... even when you're just standing around.

Also, if you just do cardio you can get "skinny fat" where you've lost some fat, but because you don't really have developed muscles, you still end up looking soft.

Otherwise, yeah... 30m cardio (heart rate above 130bpm) every day and eating regular, healthy meals will get you where you want to be.

GL.

Hey David!!! I don't have a weight problem, but I like to stay in shape.

Right now I am doing this program..it's called "Slim In Six'...It's a six week

program...VERY easy to follow. It has a start up video that basically gets you used to the moves...that you can do for about a week. Then they have a second level.. called "Ramp It Up"..It's a bit faster, and intense. You should do that video for another 2-3 weeks, before going up to the next level..'Burn It Up". You should do the exercises six days a week, for six weeks. It also comes with a resistance Band, which is incorporated in the exercises. I HIGHLY recommend this video, because it is for EVERYONE

and you can go at your OWN pace.

I'm not a exercise video person normally but I like this one.

I am currently on the "Ramp It Up" part...and doing good.

Don;t get me wrong....it's a lot of work, but I am focused.

I'm also going to do a Fish and Fruit diet for the next two weeks.

Nothing but fish and fruit or veggies. Of course I'll take supplements and vitamins too...but Spring/Summer is coming and I want to look good in my shorts!!!!

Good luck !!!!

Yeah, honestly David, even just cutting the fast food out, even without excersice, will do you a world of good. But you should do some weight training as well, especially if you intend to begin it when you hit your target weight. As soon as you start weight training and building muscle, your going to put flab back on, which isn't good for you. Not necessarily a lot but its just the nature of building muscle. I would just suggest doing a once a week/twice a week structered compound workout routine. Something basic like Rippetoe's routine (just google it, you should find it) on top of your cardio.