Cellulite.......I need to know Im not alone.

Hey Friends,

Im getting married in May and we are going to a tropical resort. Im 25, and in fairly good shape with curves in the right areas, nice legs and height. I think with a pretty overall attractive body....except for the god awful amount of cottage cheese I have on my entire upper leg from my knees to the bottom of my rump. Its because of this that I WILL not wear shorts except capris or short skirts. Im completely concerned about me strutting around in a bathing suit in front of my guy. Especially when I know there will be a ton of gorgeous bodies around us that will not be nearly as cursed as I am when it comes to having cellulite. I have tried everything to rid of it from constant water, I work out, am religious with creams and will be tanning soon to help hide the appearance.

I guess my reason for writing this thread is to hopefully hear from people who deal with the same thing. I feel like I am the only one who has this problem. I dont see any girls with near the amount I have, so I think anyway. I am very insecure about this and I dont want my future husband to be dissapointed (not that he would be cause he loves me) and Im nervous about the way people will judge me about it on the beach compared to themselves. How can I be comfortable unless I wear pants to swim in? Any advice, solutions or comments would be very helpful and uplifting. :lmao:

Thanks to All.

• Author
How has he not seen this already?

Hes he never seen you naked?

Im sorry I should have been more specific. He has seen me naked and he knows I have it and that I am concerned about it, Hes not. And he loves me just the way I am. But this is more about me. Plus when it comes to him and I and being naked, I tend to do the backwards sexy strut.

Im sorry I should have been more specific. He has seen me naked and he knows I have it and that I am concerned about it, Hes not. And he loves me just the way I am. But this is more about me. Plus when it comes to him and I and being naked, I tend to do the backwards sexy strut.

There will always be another women who looks better that you in a bikini, that just life and you are going to have to deal with that.

Is you BMI within a normal range?

If it is then don't worry about it, a real man is not going to run off at the next hot woman who walks by.

• Author

Yes, my BMI is normal. Again its not about him that Im worried about. I dont know how to feel comfortable with this. I feel like Im the only one.

From what I have read about it, the creams and treatments do not do anything to help. So save your money. One thing I read some time ago (can't remember where) said it is caused by misshapen cells beneath the skin and that dieting won't help reshape the cells, but a diet high in fat will fill the misshapen cells, making them more pronounced - so a healthy diet low in fat will help keep the cellulite from being more noticeable.

I don't have it on my thighs, but I do have the equivalent on my belly, so, I feel your pain. I HATE my belly. Even when I was a size 4 a few years ago, and looked very good in clothes, my belly was still flabby with dimples. It's worse now that I have gained weight, but like I said, I still had it even when I was very slender. For you, the curse is cellulite on your thighs even though you are slender. For me, the curse is a dimply belly even when I am very slender everywhere else. And it is just something we have to learn to live with. Sigh...

Wear a long wrap over your bikini when you are strutting around the resort. Buy some really sexy flipflops/sandals to go with it and leave it at that. I also would suggest you STOP pointing out your figure flaws to your guy. Men don't view womens bodies as harshly as we do, and if your quest for reassurance, you most likely drew his attention to something he never noticed to begin with. Enjoy the trip! :)

I, too have cellulite on the back of my legs, and on my bum. I thankfully quit smoking about 2 weeks ago, and have since been going to the gym every day! I also have been drinking a lot of water to help with cravings.

I have noticed my legs look MUCH better.

Try: adding more fat-burning exercises to your routine. I've been walking at least 2 miles a day, and running at least one (all my lungs can take). So a total of 3 miles MINIMUM. I'll give it an hour to an hour and a half a day.

Cellulite is kind of a mixture of fat, and a bit of toxins. So for try and drink more water to flush toxins out of your body! Aim for 10 glasses a day. Be sure to eat your sodium, though, for brain function.

Maybe replace a three meals a week with a big healthy salad, with a vinaigrette dressing...

Also, be sure to do some light strength training for your bum and legs. Like squats, dead lifts, lunges, step-ups (with a barbell over your shoulders and step up onto a bench), kick-backs (for your bum), etc.

Seriously, it may sound like a lot, but it's not that bad once you start doing it. Just drink water instead of soda, or anything else! Try to firm up a BIT, don't lift too much weight or you may get a big bigger, smoother but bigger.

Also, you could get a full-body massage the day before your flight. I don't think it'll help too much, but just massaging the area helps increase circulation and may make it look a little better. Even if it doesn't work, you deserve to be pampered!

This is one of the best times in your life, and whether or not you realize this, you're probably much better looking than you think. You will look back on your photos and be so happy and remember how beautiful you were, whether you change your thighs or not.

Do you realize how many women hate their SKINNY THIGHS??? I know, it's crazy. A lot of women wish that they had more meat! So try not to beat yourself too much!

Soo.. I must say, the main reason I've been doing all these things is to feel better! In taking care of myself, and learning ways to take care of myself MORE, my body is looking a bit better. This is AWESOME, but honestly, not the reason I've been this dedicated. I'm just happy I'm starting to breathe better. And now I know a few things that will help with the way my thunder thighs look!

I hope I've helped a bit. :)

Cellulite has nothing to do with weight..

I am not sure what it is but it could be genetic.. My friend has a lot of cellulite.. she got treatments before.. she swears it helped.. now she's got a lot.. she wants to go back for those treatments... they are expensive.. and I personally don't believe in those treatments..

I honestly think there is absolutely nothing to be done about cellulite..

I am extremely grateful that I don't have much.. in fact, I only started this year.. a little bit.. it doesn't bother me..

If it does bother you so much.. maybe you should just wear a 'pareo' on the beach... but just look around and you'll see tons of women, all sizes, with cellulite..

I'm sure your husband doesn't care.. just forget about it.. I know it's easier said than done.. but there is not much you can do..

I'm 24 and would say I have some cellulite on my butt/upper thighs. I wear a size 6, I'm 5'3"...

It bothers me but really doesn't seem to faze the SO at all. I'm self conscious about it and when I go to the beach I tend to wear boy shorts and a bikini top. Maybe not as sexy as some of the things out there, but it's comfortable for me and I think it looks good.

I agree. It's definitely genetics. Increasing water intake and toning the effected area may help somewhat, but there's only so much you can do about it, I think.

Hey Friends,

Im getting married in May and we are going to a tropical resort. Im 25, and in fairly good shape with curves in the right areas, nice legs and height. I think with a pretty overall attractive body....except for the god awful amount of cottage cheese I have on my entire upper leg

Why do you have cottage cheese on just one leg?? Damn it wipe that **** off.

• 2 weeks later...

I am thin myself and have cellulite. It's very frustrating but from what I heard there is nothing you can do about it without surgery (not worth it to me). Almost all women have it, but we are lead to think we're the only ones because it's all airbrushed out of pictures in magazines and stuff.

I've been on several tropical vacations, and I was so terrified to walk around in a bathing suit. I packed 4 full length sarongs to wear, but I only brought one out on the first day.

There are a lot of older, larger women with a lot more than cellulite issues who walk proudly in tiny bikinis. Find one of these ladies, and follow her EVERYWHERE! You will look like a supermodel your entire trip!

• 3 weeks later...
PinkKittyKat
I've been on several tropical vacations, and I was so terrified to walk around in a bathing suit. I packed 4 full length sarongs to wear, but I only brought one out on the first day.

There are a lot of older, larger women with a lot more than cellulite issues who walk proudly in tiny bikinis. Find one of these ladies, and follow her EVERYWHERE! You will look like a supermodel your entire trip!

Hahah, I like your style!

I've been trying to feel good about going out in a bikini this year and I think you've just made me laugh hard enough that I will be ok. :laugh:

I am 5'4", size 6, 125 lb last time I weighed myself. I am average up top and fairly booty-having on the bottom. I worry SO much about my behind.... A sarong sounds cool, but then I'd be worried that people would ASSUME I had something to hide! I can't win...:(