Well, I've come to the realization that I'm not in shape, at all. While I'm not horrible, it's enough to make me want to better myself physically.

Now, I've looked for different sites to see what could scheduling would be for just general work outs and stretching. Not necessarily weights at this time, but using my own body to work myself out and stretch myself out.

Any suggestions?

Stretch out all your muscles and then do some pushups and situps for starters. Jogging too will help. This stuff will help build up endurance and once the endurance is built up then begin with weight lifting.

Hi! I'm a trainer and hope that I can give you some good ideas. Are you doing any kind of workout now? If not, then any kind of fitness you choose will change your body. It shocks your body . that's why people see change when they start a program and then they level off and "plateau". The most effective time for working out is am-straight out of bed! Drink some water- if you drink coffee that's ok but make sure you are hydrated. Start with 20-30 mins of aerobic activity-walking jogging biking-You could do anything that gets your heart rate up followed by some light stretching (when your body is warmed up) and then some pushups and ab work -also do some back extentions (lie on your stomach and lift right arm and left leg at the same time then do the other side) If you have been working out already then I can give you something else-good luch:)

• Author

Well, my internal clock is set for 7-ish everday, and it takes me a half an hour to take a shower and get ready to hit school at 8.

Is it absolutely necessary to do it in the morning?

Also, how should i spread out each exercise? Like doing shoulders everyday for sometime isn't necessarily the best thing to do. Getting rest is important.

No it's not necessary to do it in the morning. In fact, a good number of people would suggest otherwise. It's kind of an ongoing debate about the cardio in the morning being the best thing. If you're not looking to use weights but you're own weight, you're best bet is push ups, pull ups, and sit ups. You can get creative with all three of those as well. For instance, switch grips on the pull ups will work different aspects of your back and biceps. Do them to the back of your head instead of just the front will change it up as well. Sit ups; lay on your side and you can hit obliques or do leg raises to hit lower abs.

I'll second wookinpanub. Try to schedule it at a time when you're free most days and find some kind of exercise you enjoy (i.e., biking, weightlifting, running, etc.). Make sure you vary up your routine, like wookinpanub said. That what it won't get stale. It doesn't need to be very long, as long as it is intense. My rule is if I didn't break a sweat or I'm not sore the next day I didn't do enough.

I know I won't sound any different than most, but I know from my own experience that diet is just as important (if not more) than exercise to losing weight. If you have crappy eating habits, you can exercise all you want, but you won't see many improvements. You'll have to permanently change your lifestlye if you want long-lasting results.

I'd recommend you start to change your eating habits (if not immediately, try doing it gradually). Cook more of your own meals and eat out less, eat a more unprocessed, whole foods diet based on fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans, seeds, nuts, lean meat, and low-fat dairy. Dump the refined carbohydrates (i.e., white bread, white pasta, white rice, cookies, bakery products, etc.), soda, processed lunch meats, etc. Eat smaller, more frequent meals (I eat 7-8 times a day). Stick to drinking water instead of juice or soda, and maybe occasionally tea, coffee, or milk. It took me 3-4 yrs. to permanently change my habits, but I would never go back to my old ways. I'm too satisfied with the results. :)

If you're interested in learning more about diet & nutrition, the best book I've read is one by a professor at Harvard Medical School called Eat, Drink, and Be Healthy: The Harvard Medical School Guide to Healthy Eating by Walter Willett. I'd recommend you read that as a start if you're not too familiar with proper nutrition.