Are you 5ft4ish and do you weigh between 105-108?

Ok, I've started my weight gain diet a week ago. So far so good. But I'm obsessed with measurements.

If you're around 5 ft 4 and weight between 105 and 108 I would love to have certain measurements. I'd like to know what your wrist measurement is. I would also (please don't laugh) like your calf measurement. Measure that around the thickest part of your calf.

Also I would like to know if you're happy with your weight and what size you wear.

I know I'm asking a lot but I've become obsessed with this. I'm very small-framed. I need an idea of what I need to shoot for in terms of inches and what is normal.

I'm not as tall as you, around 5'2"+, but my wrists are a little under 5 1/2" (difficult to measure my own wrists without having the tape measure a little loose), my calves, 12 7/8".

Take a look at the wrist measurements in this link and you will see that you fit right into a small frame for your height, since there's no minimum wrist measurement stated.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/imagepages/17182.htm

• Author

Thanks, Leoni. You're a dear. Well we have the same wrist measurement but at 5 ft 4 (and I believe I'm actually 5ft 4 1/2) I think my wrist size should be bigger. I don't know. Oh and thanks for the link...not that I needed a table to tell me I'm small-framed...duh!:laugh:

My calf size is smaller than yours. I know my legs are too thin. So now I know what to shoot for. I may have to do some exercises but I'm concentrating on just putting on the weight first.

I read that you gain an inch for every 10 pounds but I don't know how accurate that is.

And then I found these interesting facts:

The average woman's wrist is 6/75"

The average woman's ankle is 8.75"

The average woman's calf is 14.3" :eek:

I'm not shooting for average at all. I'm much too small-boned for those measurements that's why I was curious about other petite women like me.

Thanks again!

I'd love to hear from others.

Hi,

I was curious about other petite women like me.

It doesn't exist. I'm surprised you were even able to have that baby.

Maybe if you go to a message board in Thailand or something.

Ariadne (j/k)

• Author
Hi,

I was curious about other petite women like me.

It doesn't exist. I'm surprised you were even able to have that baby.

Maybe if you go to a message board in Thailand or something.

Ariadne (j/k)

Ha ha, very funny. Actually I belong to another forum for underweight women. A lot of us don't have eating disorders but are just naturally thin. I've been underweight my whole life.

The 105 to 108 is what I'm shooting for. I won't say what I am now but obviously, I'm under that. Let me put it to you this way, I weighed 122 pounds when I was 9 months pregnant. But the doctor told me that I was healthy and that I didn't need to worry. I was gaining curing the whole entire pregnancy and our son weighed a healthy 6 lbs. 14 oz when he was born.

I'm just sick of looking like Olive Oyl and I want to be able to be confident in a bathing suit. I want to be able to wear shorts and shorter skirts, etc. I've gained one pound since I started my diet a little over a week ago. It's hard for me to gain.

But it's hard for any of us who have to gain to do so. In fact they say it's more difficult to gain than it is to lose. People laugh when I tell them this but the experts even say so. It's a real issue for some of us.

This sounds like fun. I weigh a lot more than you do Touche. I think so anyway. But it's winter and I always put on a few pounds in winter. In summer I am borderline too thin in my BF's opinion.

My wrist is a 6

My ankle is an 8 and a quarter

And my calf is a 13 and a half

What size shoe do you wear? You must be really thin Touche.

i'm 5'7" and weigh 130 lbs now.

it took me 2 years to gain ten pounds. i needed it as i was a size 0. i'm naturally muscly- so i think that weighs more.

now i wear a size 2 or 4. i feel better and stronger. it just takes time... be patient - you'll gain at your own pace.

I weighed 122 pounds when I was 9 months pregnant. But the doctor told me that I was healthy and that I didn't need to worry.

Wow, that's amazing.

I still bet you look oustanding with shorts and short skirts.

• Author
This sounds like fun. I weigh a lot more than you do Touche. I think so anyway. But it's winter and I always put on a few pounds in winter. In summer I am borderline too thin in my BF's opinion.

My wrist is a 6

My ankle is an 8 and a quarter

And my calf is a 13 and a half

What size shoe do you wear? You must be really thin Touche.

Yes, I'm sure you do weight a lot more than I do. I'm so bummed because I just got off the phone with our insurance company. I was trying to get some medical insurance through them and the woman told me that they might turn me down because of my weight!:mad: They can turn you down for being overweight or underweight. I can't believe that! I told her that I'm not sick or anorexic or anything and that I have always been underweight. GRRRR! She said they'd get back to me.

My shoe size is 6 1/2.

2 sunny, size 2? Wow, even I can't fit into a 2. I'm a size 4.

Ariadne, I look sick with shorts and short skirts. I won't even wear them outside the house or around our yard. My legs are too thin. I would never be seen in shorts or short skirts.

I did gain some weight in 2005 and even then I wasn't thrilled with my legs. My thighs were good but from the knee down, too thin. So this time I'm shooting for 5 to 6 more pounds than I gained last time and that might make the difference. At least I hope so.

I'm 5'5 and I weigh 120 right now. When I was 115 in apprx October, I looked too thin, ribs showing, etc. But I'm not small framed. I have a naturally thin build, but I have long fingers, etc.

But Touche, while you're working in the kitchen and watching TV, just raise up on the balls of your feet and repeat this twenty times or so. Just do it when you think of it around the house. That will build up your calves.

Yes, I'm sure you do weight a lot more than I do. I'm so bummed because I just got off the phone with our insurance company. I was trying to get some medical insurance through them and the woman told me that they might turn me down because of my weight!:mad: They can turn you down for being overweight or underweight. I can't believe that! I told her that I'm not sick or anorexic or anything and that I have always been underweight. GRRRR! She said they'd get back to me.

My shoe size is 6 1/2.

You are tiny. I wear a size 9. I don't think they can turn you down for that. It's not like you are sick and that's why you're so thin.

You are probably just like I am. I say I am thin because my mind is always thinking in a constant thought process and I really think that thinking burns calories.

It's the only thing I exercise with any type of regularity so how could I not be thin from thinking? Doesn't that make sense? :confused:

• Author
You are tiny. I wear a size 9. I don't think they can turn you down for that. It's not like you are sick and that's why you're so thin.

You are probably just like I am. I say I am thin because my mind is always thinking in a constant thought process and I really think that thinking burns calories.

It's the only thing I exercise with any type of regularity so how could I not be thin from thinking? Doesn't that make sense? :confused:

So now I can't think? WTF?:laugh:

And yes, they CAN turn me down for insurance Grace. The woman just told me that. She said I'll have to wait for approval so I'm on pins and needles about that. Oh well. I WILL gain that weight and it won't take me years but months. I've done it before.

Story, I used to always do those calf exercises and it made no damn difference. Still had the skinny legs. The only think that might make a little bit of a difference is gaining this weight. My thighs looked so good in 2005! :laugh:So did my upper arms. It was weird though because my forearms and legs from the knee down didn't change. Ugh. That's where I think shooting for a little higher weight goal might make the difference.

My ribs don't show even at the weight I'm at now. I'd have to be 5 or 6 pounds below what I am now for that to be the case.

I'm determined though. If only I hadn't given up and had kept going in 2005. GRRR. It's just so hard. I have to eat 6 damn times a day to succeed. It's like a job and I hate it. But I want to reach my goal so I have no choice.

My ribs don't show even at the weight I'm at now. I'd have to be 5 or 6 pounds below what I am now for that to be the case.

Right. I think I just have a bony physique, ha ha. My hip bones could poke a hole in an air mattress, even when I weighed 130 (just kidding, but you get the idea). The only plump part of me is my butt, and that is smaller now at 120, but still prominent compared to the rest of me.

I'm determined though. If only I hadn't given up and had kept going in 2005. GRRR. It's just so hard. I have to eat 6 damn times a day to succeed. It's like a job and I hate it. But I want to reach my goal so I have no choice.

Can you make a list of higher calorie foods that you love and crave? Also, can you sneak extra colories into your regular meals by adding things? Like avocado on your sandwich, stuff like that?

I remember when I was getting divorced I got really really thin. It was not attractive at all. Plus I was moving and unpacking and building furniture because a lot of my stuff came delivered from JC Penney catalog. Even my tight jeans were baggy and it was yucky.

I just upped my calories by a lot. If I ate I ate lots of garbage foods. Whole cheesesteaks instead of half, stuff like that. And every night I'd have an ice cream sundae. Three scoops with butterscotch syrup and whipped cream. Every single night. It didn't make much difference but it kept me from losing too much.

Maybe you just don't have a lot of muscle in your calves Touche. Some people are like that. Me, I get definition in my calves if I wear high heels to church. Did you ever just go up and down on your tippy-toes when you're on the phone or whatever instead of standing? Maybe that could help.

Ugh! Sounds like torture. I'm not sure I fully understand why you are doing this - especially if your doctor considers you to be healthy and if you know that you are getting all the nutrients that you need at your current weight.

It's funny though, I gained weight since meeting boyfriend (a cheese fondue diet seems to do the trick...). I found pictures of myself from last year, when I was 15 pounds lighter and actually thought that I look much more sexy now. So esthetically I fully understand why you would want to gain weight. At the same time, I also believe that the only way to succeed in any kind of weight gain or loss diet is to change your habits so as to make the results permanent. That's one of the reason why I'm perticularly talented at losing weight: I love how I feel on a low-fat, whole grain, veggie rich diet.

What are your long term goals? Could you see yourself adopting a 6 meals a day diet?

• Author
I remember when I was getting divorced I got really really thin. It was not attractive at all. Plus I was moving and unpacking and building furniture because a lot of my stuff came delivered from JC Penney catalog. Even my tight jeans were baggy and it was yucky.

I just upped my calories by a lot. If I ate I ate lots of garbage foods. Whole cheesesteaks instead of half, stuff like that. And every night I'd have an ice cream sundae. Three scoops with butterscotch syrup and whipped cream. Every single night. It didn't make much difference but it kept me from losing too much.

Maybe you just don't have a lot of muscle in your calves Touche. Some people are like that. Me, I get definition in my calves if I wear high heels to church. Did you ever just go up and down on your tippy-toes when you're on the phone or whatever instead of standing? Maybe that could help.

Yes, I used to do that calf thing all the time and it didn't make any difference like I said. Well, maybe I'll try it again. And I have definition in my miniscule calves too if I wear high heels but my calves are STILL ridiculously small. I think weight is the only thing that will make a difference there. More weight than I've ever gained before. That should do it.

Wow, Story. If I weighed 130, which for many women at 5 ft 4 is a good weight I'd be downright plump! :laugh: I can't believe you still have bones sticking out!

As for the high calorie stuff...yep. Been there, done that. Avocados, nuts, oils, etc. etc. I know exactly what I have to do and have done it before, like I mentioned. Now it's a matter of doing it and sticking with it. In 2005 when I was seriously on this diet, I even started eating spoonfuls of oil here and there.:sick:

In fact, right before bed last night, I had 1/2 cup of mixed nuts. That's about 440 calories. Almost a full meal's worth of calories for me!

A spoonful of peanut butter is quick and painless. Just have a drink nearby or your mouth will get cemented shut.

• Author
Ugh! Sounds like torture. I'm not sure I fully understand why you are doing this - especially if your doctor considers you to be healthy and if you know that you are getting all the nutrients that you need at your current weight.

I'm doing it because I can't stand the way I look. It's that simple. Plus now I come to find out I can't get insured with this new policy. Everyone wants to look good, right? It doesn't mean that I won't still be healthy when I gain the weight. In fact, I felt much more energetic and was happier with myself when I gained weight in 2005.

It's funny though, I gained weight since meeting boyfriend (a cheese fondue diet seems to do the trick...). I found pictures of myself from last year, when I was 15 pounds lighter and actually thought that I look much more sexy now. So esthetically I fully understand why you would want to gain weight. At the same time, I also believe that the only way to succeed in any kind of weight gain or loss diet is to change your habits so as to make the results permanent. That's one of the reason why I'm perticularly talented at losing weight: I love how I feel on a low-fat, whole grain, veggie rich diet.

What are your long term goals? Could you see yourself adopting a 6 meals a day diet?

Your last points were very legitimate ones. I've been thinking a lot about that. I've learned my lesson now. No, I don't see myself eating 6 times a day for the rest of my life. But I won't have to do that for maintenance. The 6 times a day eating plan is to GAIN. Once I reach my goal I need only maintain. I didn't do that the first time around. I went right back to my crappy eating habits (skipped meals and/or not eating enough.) I know that i can never do that again. I have to keep watching the scale (which I stopped doing in 2005) so that I don't fall below more than say 3 pounds or so.

Maybe three meals a day will be enough to maintain. I have no idea. That's what I have to pay attention to when I reach my goal this time. I just rested on my laurels last time. I enjoyed the way I looked for the most part, and just went back to my old (bad) habits. Not this time. I'll be paying attention.

• Author
A spoonful of peanut butter is quick and painless. Just have a drink nearby or your mouth will get cemented shut.

I despise peanut butter. Hate it with a passion but maybe I'll just hold my nose and eat it anyway.:sick:

It's funny because Kamille was saying about how she prefers to eat low-fat, veggie rich, etc. diet. The problem with me is that I'm the same way. I naturally gravitate towards those foods. I'm not big on cakes and heavy, greasy foods, etc. All stuff I now have to eat to gain. I hate feeling full and bloated. But I'll get used to it, just like I did before.

I despise peanut butter. Hate it with a passion but maybe I'll just hold my nose and eat it anyway.:sick:

It's funny because Kamille was saying about how she prefers to eat low-fat, veggie rich, etc. diet. The problem with me is that I'm the same way. I naturally gravitate towards those foods. I'm not big on cakes and heavy, greasy foods, etc. All stuff I now have to eat to gain. I hate feeling full and bloated. But I'll get used to it, just like I did before.

Put more fattening dressings on your salads. Dip your veggies in Ranch, cream in your coffee etc. etc.

• Author
Put more fattening dressings on your salads. Dip your veggies in Ranch, cream in your coffee etc. etc.

Oh thanks for reminding me. I do all that except I used to put heavy cream in my coffee and I've been putting milk in it lately. Need to switch back to the cream.

This is awesome.

I would like to lose 10 lbs.

Let me donate my excess to you.

(I cannot believe my calves are 14" around)

Good idea underpants! :laugh:

I doubt any woman is happy with her existing weight. While I'm a size 0 -2, weighing in at 105 lbs, I wouldn't mind losing 5 lbs too but not at the expense of having to diet. Maybe I could also donate my 5 to Touche.

Touche, would you be satisfied with 15 extra lbs? If so, please provide a shipping address.

• Author
This is awesome.

I would like to lose 10 lbs.

Let me donate my excess to you.

(I cannot believe my calves are 14" around)

Undies, you don't look like you need to lose ten pounds. But you saw me and you know I could use ten to 15 pounds.

Why can't you believe that your calves are 14" around? You're athletic. Besides, you're still under the average.

• Author
Good idea underpants! :laugh:

I doubt any woman is happy with her existing weight. While I'm a size 0 -2, weighing in at 105 lbs, I wouldn't mind losing 5 lbs too but not at the expense of having to diet. Maybe I could also donate my 5 to Touche.

Touche, would you be satisfied with 15 extra lbs? If so, please provide a shipping address.

You guys are so silly. You're both at your proper weights. I'd give anything to be at my proper weight without going through all this hassle. Shoot, almost time to eat again!:rolleyes::mad: