fitness question

burning 4 revenge

I cant seem to make myself go to the gym so I just started a different approach at home. I really need exercise to help with this terrible depression.

I'm doing three cycles of push ups/lat presses/ dumbell squats.

Then three cycles of crunches/leg lifts for the stomach.

The whole thing only takes thirty minutes and works the whole body. I only have done it for tow days so far and my whole body is sore.

Here is my question. Do you think I can get cut faster doing it six days a week or four days a week. Ive heard the body needs rest, but since this is a routine of high repetition, little weight resistance Im wondering if six days might be better than four.

For frame of reference Im 5"8 156 lbs, but Im starting to watch what I eat and shooting to get to 145-150

You should only realling do the Anerobics 3 times a week the way your doing it. Maybe monday, wed, n fri the other days should be aerobics maybe 30 minutes of speed walking or biking. Try to eat foods in their natural state and avoid ingrediants such as High Fructose Corn syrup. Eat nothing with butter or its substitutes. with the type of training your doing expect it to take a minimum of 5 months to get cut and thats if you train hard and eat right

You should consider two light days a week. Otherwise, what you're doing isn't really that hard on your body. After a month or so, you might want to start differentiating your days to get a couple extra-hard days in as well as a couple light ones. On those hard days you can just work your whole body to exhaustion, or else focus on particular muscle groups.

I've been considering Pilates.

Don't do too much too soon. Best to alternate every other day. In between you can do less strenuous, less intense exercises. Gradually, as you build your body back, you can increase repetitions and number of days.

Hint: Playing music you enjoy, upbeat music that is, while you exercise tends to help you hang in there longer and better endure your exercise regimen.

You should consider two light days a week. Otherwise, what you're doing isn't really that hard on your body. After a month or so, you might want to start differentiating your days to get a couple extra-hard days in as well as a couple light ones. On those hard days you can just work your whole body to exhaustion, or else focus on particular muscle groups.

I've been considering Pilates.

Pheww...Is it getting hot in here or is it just me?

Ok, here's the workout you should be doing:

M,W,F Lifting and moving boxes out of parent's house into own place

T, Th Jogging to employment office

Sa,Su Power walk to newstand for help wanted ads

• Author
burning 4 revenge
You should only realling do the Anerobics 3 times a week the way your doing it. Maybe monday, wed, n fri the other days should be aerobics maybe 30 minutes of speed walking or biking. Try to eat foods in their natural state and avoid ingrediants such as High Fructose Corn syrup. Eat nothing with butter or its substitutes. with the type of training your doing expect it to take a minimum of 5 months to get cut and thats if you train hard and eat right
This is both aerobic and anaerobic, because its circuits. I use two ten pound dumbells and a mat, thats all. I can feel that Im doing cardio as well as strenghtening, but this program wont burn much fat. For that Ill have to accomplish it through diet.

I think five months sounds about right.

I would agree with TT....in addition your body will tell you when you're doing too much by way of pain and soreness.

• Author
burning 4 revenge

Ok, here's the workout you should be doing:

M,W,F Lifting and moving boxes out of parent's house into own place

T, Th Jogging to employment office

Sa,Su Power walk to newstand for help wanted ads

:laugh: thanks for the advice.

i've found when ive been disciplining myself physically that it spills over into all of the other aspects of my life. i feel much more alert today than i usually do, because i forced myself to exercise.

i've found when ive been disciplining myself physically that it spills over into all of the other aspects of my life. i feel much more alert today than i usually do, because i forced myself to exercise.

you should probably cut out the smoking also :)

• Author
burning 4 revenge
you should probably cut out the smoking also :)
easier said than done. im trying to limit it to five.

i used to run like twenty miles a week in the nineties, but over time smoking killed that.

:laugh: thanks for the advice.

Ha! Anytime, anytime.

That's great. Stick with it. I think it will help you a lot mentally as well.

a day of rest in between each workout is essential. Your muscles are built not by pushing weights themselves....but during the resting period afterward.

Best thing you can do is 3 days weight lifting...or the routine you are doing, and 3 days cardio.

And before your workout...eat a jumbo jack links jerky stick. Its only 160 calories, less than 2 grams fat and packs a hefty 26 grams of protein.

Pink Amulet

Good for you B4R.

Tony is right.

Don't too hard on yourself yet.

Eventually you will be able to do cardio every day and varying weight resistance 4-5 times a week.

Buy yourself a few good dance music CDs and dance around the house to them. That's got to be more fun (and better for your depression) than crunches and strict regimes.

Buy yourself a few good dance music CDs and dance around the house to them. That's got to be more fun (and better for your depression) than crunches and strict regimes.

You're joking right? )Why did I suddenly picture Burning dressed like Richard Simmons? :lmao: )

Sheesh, as if the poor man doesn't get enough grief from his father as it is! Can you imagine what he'd say if Burning actually takes your advice?

You're joking right? )Why did I suddenly picture Burning dressed like Richard Simmons? :lmao: )

Sheesh, as if the poor man doesn't get enough grief from his father as it is! Can you imagine what he'd say if Burning actually takes your advice?

He could combine dancing with tae kwon do moves - quickly switching to the latter whenever his dad comes in. A bit of body-shaking to some Beyoncé would do him a lot of good. I think I'll make up a compilation for him. Are you in? Shall we have a "Burning 4 a Boogy" dance CD thread?

He could combine dancing with tae kwon do moves - quickly switching to the latter whenever his dad comes in. A bit of body-shaking to some Beyoncé would do him a lot of good. I think I'll make up a compilation for him. Are you in? Shall we have a "Burning 4 a Boogy" dance CD thread?

Oh my...you're hilarious, Lindya. Yes, that could work. God forbid his dad sees him swishing his hips around!

And yes, I'm in...Burning 4 a Boogy!:laugh: How about Burning Off Fat to the Oldies?

So what tracks should we include? Hmmm..have to think.

Ok, how about some of these?

I Love the Nightlife (at the strip joint)

I Will Survive (this nightmare of mine called a life)

Disco Inferno -Burn Baby Burn (in hell you sleazy cvunt)

1.I Love the Nightlife (at the strip joint)

2.I Will Survive (this nightmare of mine called a life)

3.Disco Inferno -Burn Baby Burn (in hell you sleazy cvunt)

4. Voulez-vous Touche-moi? ce soir? (a reworking of Lady Marmalade's classic)

5. I'm only happy when it rains (and I live in Florida, so what hope is there?)

6. Yes sir, I can boogie (for those moments when Dad catches him dancing)

It's not meant to be off topic, mods. B4R needs to find a fun way to exercise. No more crunches - he's already been through enough in his short life.

No, not off-topic at all. We're helping him.

Ok, those were very good but we only have six tracks so far. So let me think...

How about?

7. I'm Coming Out (eventually, just not right now) -old Diane Ross song

8. Since You've Been Gone (I've fallen in love with the feel of the cold steal of my gun:love:)

9. Papa Don't Preach (really stop it NOW!!!!!!!)