im using addiction to deal with a relationship

hey guys, ive been in a pretty tatered relationship for a while now, i lost everything i had worked for and owned over her, i thought it was all worth it, we are on "break" now and i HOPE AND PREY we will once again be back together, but im dealing with it very badly... all i do is think about her and make myself depressed, and then i start smoking non-stop, and i found myself taking 4 and 5 times the dosage of nyquil just to sleep (even tho i know nyquil does nothing) i just cant handle this and everything else that is gone in my life (my money, car, parents respect, home, job, etc...) i gave it all up for her and now i have nothing but my addictions... i dont know wut to do... i even started cutting myself just to help with the pain, then right after that its cigarettes, nyquil, alchohol... i need help so badly, but nobody is there to really help

• 1 month later...
Brittanyjean06

i reamber when me and my ex would fight, he would always ingore me for a long periods of time....and id always be like" oh here we go again"..and get really depressed...and drank alot of nykuil just so i could sleep...and did it many times, i look back and wish i had just GOT up and been with my friends.......dont let your self fall to peices ....the pain is so hard i know but that does not solve your problems...you could do something really stupid when your drunk, just relax and dont get crazy...its been 3 months since my break up( 3 years)...and i regret all the times i let my guard down and looked like a sissy and did stupid stuff..you only regret it

this is the 3rd person i found close to my age:) good deal

Go see your school counsellor. Realize that you're turning yourself into someone that won't interest girls - addictions, smoking - not attractive.

You have to stop thinking about her. Go out with friends (NOT to drink!), read, study more, exercise every day, take up a hobby.

BIGGEST LOSER EVER

Listen mate, been where you are for last 3 years.........you'd give her the world, there nothing you wouldn't do for her and when you can't have her you destroy yourself out of guilt, heart break and pain. The fact is, your hurting yourself more by drinking and the other stuff because your not having to deal with those emotions-you need to feel those emotions, feel the hurt, feel the pain, it'll make you stronger I PROMISE YOU. Whatever don't kill you makes you stronger. I'm having to deal with the reasons for my alcoholism 3years after me and my ex split. Let me tell ya, it starts off with trouble with sleep then it becomes a habit, then it becomes your life. Its the hardest thing to do, but, do what you normally do-put in an extra few hours infront of the books-go to the gym at 9pm and use whatever energy you have on the treadmill-lift some weights. You got to use whatever pain you got right now in a constuctive way, realize you made a mistake some where down the line and fix it......whatever you do don't be like me and waste some of the best years of your life at the bottom of a bottle.....