How can I fix me? I drink 3-4 times a week?

I embarrassed to say I just threw up on my mail that is pilling up.

Edited by KAOJ

Go to AA if you think it's that bad.

At the very least try to have a water between every drink. Drink 1 less drink every time you drink & try limiting yourself to only drinking 2-3 times per week. As time goes by continue to cut down.

You can try cold turkey but that is very hard without support

SaveYourHeart

You can work the 12 step program, or get an independent counselor. There's no harm in asking for help, but to change, you have to WANT to and follow through.

Art_Critic

KAOJ,

You call up your local AA chapter and ask to speak to or have someone call you back.. they will have someone call you back and even meet with you.. A fellow AA member and maybe even go to a meeting together.

If you are asking this of yourself then you need some help with this.

Good Luck...

For me personally, I just get to a point where I'm getting sick of it. That point is coming for months, then there will be one moment where I just decide that enough is enough. Same happened with weed, cigarettes, and alcohol.

When that time comes, just go with that energy/momentum. One day, becomes one week, and so on.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Simple. don't drink today.

Get rid of all the liquor in your house.

Just worry about getting through today.

Tomorrow, worry about tomorrow

Rinse and repeat

• Like 4

and if a day is too long.....break it up into segments

sometimes.....when we think we want to drink....we're actually just lol thirsty...just like anyone else gets. So drink a glass of water. (simple...I know lol)

and candy's good stuff too

:)

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

The best book I've read on Alcohol is This Naked Mind by Annie Grace. It completely changed the way I look at alcohol and I wish I'd found it when I quit drinking 7.5 months ago.