Getting him a phone after he gets out of prison. Good idea or no

My friend is a drug addict. He has been in prison a few years & coming home soon. And wants to stay clean once getting out. He has asked me if I could buy him a phone. I don't want to enable him. At the same time, he needs one to look for work, keep in touch with his kids.

Clarence_Boddicker

He can get a Ray-Gun/Bush (they, not Obama signed the Lifeline acts into law) phone for free, until he has income from a job.

• Like 2

I would not buy him a phone or pay for a lot of stuff for him. You don't need those financial entanglements. Do help him avail himself of any programs like the one mentioned above for which he may be entitled.

• Like 2
  • Author
He can get a Ray-Gun/Bush (they, not Obama signed the Lifeline acts into law) phone for free, until he has income from a job.

Is there a website? So I can I can inform him

My friend is a drug addict. He has been in prison a few years & coming home soon. And wants to stay clean once getting out. He has asked me if I could buy him a phone. I don't want to enable him. At the same time, he needs one to look for work, keep in touch with his kids.

NO!!!

If he needs it HE can earn money and get it himself!

Do not "give him" anything! Only support morally.

• Like 1