update to: my boyfriend is on drugs😱💔👣

lovelost2_17

So since my last post a lot has happened. I didn't go back to stay at my moms house and instead I tried working it out with my boyfriend. for those who didn't read my first post it was about me finding out that my boyfriend is doing crack I'm 24 by the way. So here's the update....

After finding out he was on drugs we sat down and talked about it and you know he wasn't being honest at first it was all deny deny deny. I told him I know what your doing and this is a powerful drug so I know I can't just ask you to stop and you stop tomorrow everyone knows it's not that simple. I said to him if this is what you want to keep doing with your life then by all means go ahead but I'm not gonna stay and watch you kill your self slowly. Because to me that's what crack is doing. We drop the conversation and went to sleep.

The next morning he told me that he want to stop not just for me but for him. He said for a long time he's wanting to stop but felt like their was no reason to. He told me that every time he gets paid he will give me all of his money so their will be no way he can buy any drugs. He works two jobs and ever since he said this to me that's what we've been doing. On pay day when he pick up his check we cash it and Put the money in my account. He's been clean for at least two weeks from what I know but it's hard trying to help him fight this thing.

I can tell when he wants to use because his attitude is just rude. Any little thing ticks him off and he yells at me. When he realize his actions he always say that he is sorry for yelling. He's actually a real sweet guy with a big heat I just hate to see this drug take a toll on him. I'm gonna tell him that he should seek professional help because this is just a bit much for me. We have a roommate and he is using to which makes it harder for him to stop. Because even if I take all of his money their is still a way for him to use. He tells his friend no every time he ask but he won't just tell him to stop asking because he is trying to quit. And another thing I try to leave the house and spend the night with my family like I use to but he doesn't want me to leave because if I do he says he might start back using. I hate it because now I feel like I dont have a life anymore. It's just work school and make sure he doesn't do drugs. I know I can't make him stop and I can only help him as much as he's helping himself. He says he doesn't want to do this any more but I don't know how true that is. Well that's all you guys just a long update on what's been going on. Let me know what you think...

• 4 weeks later...
Smilecharmer
Many may say to leave him and his crack' date=' which possibly solves their issue with your situation, leaving you with little experience to avoid a repeat. After reading many threads in on this forum, there are many posters with excellent advice for you to establish boundaries for the relationship aspect. For your self, go strait Georgia Al-Anon/Alateen Home Page

That's very noble of him, but may not be within his abilities at the moment, otherwise he would do so on his own. Going to the above mentioned group is not meant to be used as a device to drive a wedge between you, rather for you to remove the devices already in place. It maybe good practice for you to let him know that you are going for yourself, and he can go for himself. It would be natural for all of this to be reather uncomfortble. And far less awkward than bailing him out of jail, the ER or identifiying his body at the morgue.

He is having a relationship with crack, not you. He needs help you can't give. I would rather nail my breasts to a boardwalk in the middle of times Square than deal with the roller coaster ride addicts will drag you into. Do some research, get help yourself because you are with an addict. One doesn't simply walk into crack without becoming addicted and changed.

• Like 1