Does anyone know alot about Meth?

All I know about it is that I'm never going to try it, I'm afraid I might like it too much. Also, the local television stations in my area got hate letters from me for having a special on meth. My kids watched it and now knows the recipe and procedures to make the stuff.......that's about as smart as our General mapping out our intentions towards our enemy on national TV.

You should get a lot of answers though on here. I sincerely hope your husband isn't on the stuff.

The poor man's herion is what they call it in the area I live in, which is a total hot bed for the stuff. Ugh! :( Highly addictive, as herion is, and equally as evil, IMO.

The link Fayebelle gave you is a good one. My sister discovered someone who was boarding at her house was using (and consequently got her out of the house). A couple of the tip offs were the large amount of clear glass containers lying around and the overwhelming ungodly smell. Smelled like cat urine, I guess. Ick. Behaviorly, the girl was pretty irratic. Didn't do much other than look for her next fix. Pretty scarey stuff.

Good luck to you and I sincerely hope your husband is not using.

You should really talk to him. If he is using he's going to have to want to quit

Signs -Lots of energy

constantly moving around

talking a mile a second

not sleeping

Sniffing makes the nasal passage stuffy

not eating enough

loss of weight

I don't know a whole heck of a lot personally about the drug (i do know some but never used it but knew some who did awhile back) and a neighbor of ours was arrested for making meth, she was terribly skinny, stayed up for a day or two at a time, always acted nervous, her eyes were pretty "wide open" all the time. She was paranoid (like 4x what one would be with cocaine use).

Also depending on if he smokes it or snorts it or injects it you could probably find his "drug tools" in the home or garbage (or where-ever you think he does it). Look for rolled up paper or small straws (for snorting) or balled up small pieces of aluminum foil (with burn marks) or broken light bulbs, or glass pipes (if he smokes) and burned spoons if he injects the stuff, along with syringes or whatever.

I think snorting would be easy to detect because he most likely would be wiping his nose more, or sniffling as if he's coming down with a cold. Also nose bleeds, ect.

If he smokes well the smell would be an indication (it smells like burned plastic when smoked) kind of like the tail pipe on your car smells if it gets to hot and starts to scorch the plastic bumper or part of the car closest to it.

Injecting it, well I'm sure they would be clear signs at the point of injection.

I hope for his sake and your's that he isn't using because they say people become really violent when using this and that it's harder to stop than heroin or cocaine (which is very very addicting even when one's been clean for years it still comes back to torment them) My father had a coke addiction and later in life when I got to know him, he told me though he'd been clean for a long time he still thought about it and getting it and using a lot. It was a torment that's never ending! I imagine the longer someone uses the worse it is on them.

Barby- you have no idea how much danger you were in.

Meth labs are HIGHLY combustable- you have a super crazy high person running a literal bomb! If you think your hubby is cooking- move in to the nearest flea bag hotel w/ a broken lock on the door- you'll be safer there.

Barby- you have no idea how much danger you were in.

Meth labs are HIGHLY combustable- you have a super crazy high person running a literal bomb! If you think your hubby is cooking- move in to the nearest flea bag hotel w/ a broken lock on the door- you'll be safer there.

Well it was awhile back (I now live in an apartment complex) it was a neighborhood with close together houses! Yes we (along with several other neighbors) noticed her going to and from her little shed behind the house with her glass jars (empty) and her bottles of stuff and bags of pills, I tried not to get into her business until she came over one day with the bag of pills still in hand asking for a lighter (I didn't give her one) but my other neighbor was there and saw what she had. She ended up calling and reporting "suspicious behavior" and yes I realize as messed up as these addicts (or anyone making this) are or become they should NOT be handling these types of chemicals and especially since they are mixing, cooking, and doing whatever else they need to do with it to get their drugs made.

Meth is a nasty thing that seems to have "swept" away a lot of people just like crack cocaine did back in the early 90's. It's sad and worse because one can buy and attempt to make it with (i'm assuming here) little effort.

My neighbor is in jail now (though I have a soft heart I feel bad for her but it's better she's off the stuff now) and since i moved our new neighbors at most probably smoke weed (they're college kids) and weed smell frequently comes drifting under the door of our place from theirs....but since they aren't endangering us...no concern of mine.. :rolleyes:

I totally agree that if you think your hubby is using or cooking then you should consider your own safety first then consider helping him help himself but don't put yourself in a situation you may not get out of (ie use with him, allow it to go on in your home, ect)

The best indicator would be sleeping patterns. A typical meth abuser will stay awake about 2 or 3 days (or more, but he's obviously a semi-functioning, normal-appearing user - in which case he may go the week sleeping very little until the weekend...) and then finally will sleep for a long time - practically comatose. He may take "naps" in between, in which will sleep for about 3 hours and then seemingly function quite normally - refreshed. Mood will be volatile at times, especially after a full 24 hours, and liable to become severely depressed. Will become lethargic, although will be awake for long periods of time. Will get into weird, habits similar to obsessive compulsive or bi-polar disorder- perhaps starting a new hobby. Speak and jump around in thought very rapidly. Prolific. Face becomes hollow, eyes red. May claim to be merely stressed out (which they will be with plenty of reasons on hand to prove why... but that's obviously the short version or the explanation for their behavior) and "insomniac". Rarely hungry, except after waking up from a long sleep.

ps. if the room is ventilated fairly well, you may not smell it after being smoked at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Tell tale signs jibb aka crystal meth:

1)Eyes the size of golf balls.

2)Lots of sniffing like they have a cold (this is only if they rail it)

3)Jibb bumps (looks like a rash of small red bumps on the skin from itching and scratching.......more typical from smoking it).

4)Senseless babbling (The person can literally talk a mile a minute for days on end).

5)Insomnia (Ive seen people on this crap that only sleep half an hour PER week).

6)They dont eat at all or drink anything for days on end.

Well i can say this i smoked meth there is no oder......i stayed awake for a day or so really depends on how much u do !!!!eyes were not huge @ all!!!! i did have alot of energy always had to be doing something!!!!no reason for ur house to blow unless he is making it in ur home!!!now that will have a bad crazy oder no way to hide it from you!!!!people hate to eat on this drug!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Barby,

You like to eat cheese with your supper??? You should because you aint nothing but a low life RAT!!!!! Nothing better to do than run and report somebody who prolly only had a primitive lab if that, and where only cooking enough to supply their own habit because they couldnt afford it. So what do you give someone who needs a helping hand in life,,,,prolly a 5-20 year absence of what they called life. You are no better than a meth user, you would rather lock em up than help em.

Ppl take biphetimines and amphetamines everyday by the 1000's for things so pathetic as weight loss. What if we locked up all the obese and overweight ppl instead of trying to help them. No one likes a snitch, especially nosey ones with no knowledge of the field of the drug she is inquiring about it. Where I'm from we call you one thing "RAT". You would prolly be told to watch your back.

Barby,

You like to eat cheese with your supper??? You should because you aint nothing but a low life RAT!!!!! Nothing better to do than run and report somebody who prolly only had a primitive lab if that, and where only cooking enough to supply their own habit because they couldnt afford it.

IF YOU READ MY RESPONSE :rolleyes::rolleyes: YOU WOULD SEE MY NEIGHBOR REPORTED HER...SHE CAME TO MY HOUSE WITH MY NEIGHBOR THERE AND MY NEIGHBOR (((((NOT ME))))) CALLED THE POLICE......

I used to smoke cocaine so I WOULD NOT have gotten her locked up for that....SO BEFORE YOU GO BEING RUDE TO SOMEONE MAKE SURE YOU'VE READ THE POST RIGHT!

She ended up calling and reporting "suspicious behavior"

• 1 year later...

I have read your question and all the replys ....as well...I have my own reasons for reading these types of forums .....asking questions about meth, and people's desperation,misery, and so forth..now I feel compelled to give you my "take" on meth...I put a needle in my arm at 16 years old (you see when I started there was no such thing as smoking or snorting every one slammed zip)anyway back to my story....the first time I did it --my life was over...that was in 1967....I am now 54 years old....speed (the devil) has change his face over the years....the real cooks in those days made (bikers )made dope that was so strong that if you did a hit you would be rushing so hard for at least 8-10 hours---one fckng hit! the high was different than it is now way different....we never said **** like geeked,spun,tossed........baby when the high wore off and you are crashing.......you became wired....I wouldnt wish that on my worse enemy---the cooking process was different...you had to know something about chemistry......and it was made with p2p .........4-5 days.......today everybody makes ****.....that what it is ****--2-3 hours....the reason I am telling you this is to try to make you aware that I am qualified ......EXPERT......and not to glorify this drug.....I have read the responses to you and yes they are all right on the money....but you can go to your library and read the same thing and probably even read testomonials ANYTHING---but I feel something is missing here for you--let me start by saying....NA AA and recovery programs are great but coming from some body that has shot dope for almost 40 years....the success rate??? if you put the data in and calculate it I bet it would be disappointing....I feel it better be 100 percent or its a failure...I know somebody will argue that this program has a 80% or this program has a 92% or what ever....how about a 99.9% success rate....sorry failure..why ??? that is just only one person.....there is a parable in the bible about the stray lamb and the one in charge left all the lambs and went out to find the lost one....maybe you get my point (I dont know)I have come full circle in life and you cant make,help,bribe,beg,etc,etc ANYONE----I MEAN ANYONE THEY HAVE TO WANT IT FOR THEMSELFS---so many people want to quit and their heart is in the right place but they relapse-----they always will.....is there any way out of this hell......YES....when a person becomes truely broken in his or her spirit....you can email me if you are really not sure about what I mean........they give it all up.......there life there soul to jesus.....TO JESUS the lord knows your heart and when its open to receive the holy spirit.....a mircle starts its work........forever.....I am not going to preach to you in fact I am stopping right and this is all I am going to say.....except for this and to anybody who is reading this and especially to all the people WHO DISAGREE WITH THOSE STATMENTS...............THERE IS ABSOLUTLEY NO OTHER WAY PERIOD.......PERIOD!!!! also the advice watching out for various things that make dope and the smell are true....and the ones that do are idiots.........you can make it with no smell and there is no danger of any type of an explosion and all nasty toxins.....I always chuckle at that one.......if done right any thing that you need to get rid off is very little....my email [email protected] I will give you the answers to your questions......reality.....as for me for the first time in my life....I know I will have a life and I will truley be ok.......one last comment......meth is satan and when people want off it and relapse......what is really happening is your soul is fighting the devil and the the devil once has a persons soul he is not about to let it go........satan is the master con man a person without realizing it sells his soul to meth(satan) there is only one way to get your soul back and one way only......do you know what that is????

think about it...........

I agree shovelhead ...the mortality rate with meth is way high, I think a 10% recovery rate would be a overestimated, way overestimated number.

I had a friend who would bang it, got hep c and still relapses ..it's sad he lost everything including his health and still wont quit